+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

understanding GCMS notes

rosesuperted

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess you will have to wait 2 more weeks and then call them once your 6 month mark is up. Lots of patience for this process.

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016
Can someone tell that what s.21 and s.26 means on security pages (GCMS NOTES) ?

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
DreamCanada16 said:
21 (1) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains

(a) advice or recommendations developed by or for a government institution or a minister of the Crown,

(b) an account of consultations or deliberations in which directors, officers or employees of a government institution, a minister of the Crown or the staff of a minister participate,

(c) positions or plans developed for the purpose of negotiations carried on or to be carried on by or on behalf of the Government of Canada and considerations relating thereto, or

(d) plans relating to the management of personnel or the administration of a government institution that have not yet been put into operation,

if the record came into existence less than twenty years prior to the request.

Marginal note:Exercise of a discretionary power or an adjudicative function

(2) Subsection (1) does not apply in respect of a record that contains

(a) an account of, or a statement of reasons for, a decision that is made in the exercise of a discretionary power or an adjudicative function and that affects the rights of a person; or

(b) a report prepared by a consultant or an adviser who was not a director, an officer or an employee of a government institution or a member of the staff of a minister of the Crown at the time the report was prepared.

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
DreamCanada16 said:
About Section 26 (S26)

Refusal of Access

Marginal note:Refusal of access where information to be published

26 The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act or any part thereof if the head of the institution believes on reasonable grounds that the material in the record or part thereof will be published by a government institution, agent of the Government of Canada or minister of the Crown within ninety days after the request is made or within such further period of time as may be necessary for printing or translating the material for the purpose of printing it.

saadicanada

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia, Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17th Nov, 2015
AOR Received.
4th March, 2016
Med's Request
31st March, 2016
Med's Done....
6th April, 2016 Medical Recieved....: 21st April, 2016 RPRF 30th April, 2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi guys,

I got my 4th gcms notes lately. It had subsection s.21 and s.22(1)(b) on it. In last two gcms it was only s.21 now they put s.22(1)(b)

Anybody know what does that mean? Is there anything wrong with my security check?

Plz help me find it out!

Thanks

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016

saadicanada

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia, Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17th Nov, 2015
AOR Received.
4th March, 2016
Med's Request
31st March, 2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
saadicanada said:
Hi guys,

I got my 4th gcms notes lately. It had subsection s.21 and s.22(1)(b) on it. In last two gcms it was only s.21 now they put s.22(1)(b)

Anybody know what does that mean? Is there anything wrong with my security check?

Plz help me find it out!

Thanks
Anyone can help me plz ???

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
saadicanada said:
Anyone can help me plz ???
Dear, Section 21, 22 & 26 all are related to refusal of publishing information.

So, that means some of the information about you that CIC had collected or collecting, couldn't be shared in GCMS notes with you right now.

Nothing to worry but certainly, entries of this section in GCMS will delay case processing.

Thanks

trintrin-f

Jun 2, 2016
Hello guys!

I hope one of you can help me! :)

I received notes in August and I could notice that my contact email information on the file was from a former representative that helped me apply for a visitor visa 3 years ago.

I raised a CSE to request the change of the email. I also called CIC and they informed me that my personal email is now on my profile.

However, I got notes again last Friday and the same wrong email is shown as my contact information.

My application is almost done (elegibility passed AOR May - Inland FSW) and I am afraid that they will email my former representative requesting the passport. I tried contacting the guy but I coulnd reach him.

What should I do?

When you received your PPR, did they send it to your email from My CIC?

If I call them again, can the agent tell me if the PPR was sent?

Thank you! :D

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
trintrin-f said:
Hello guys!

I hope one of you can help me! :)

I received notes in August and I could notice that my contact email information on the file was from a former representative that helped me apply for a visitor visa 3 years ago.

I raised a CSE to request the change of the email. I also called CIC and they informed me that my personal email is now on my profile.

However, I got notes again last Friday and the same wrong email is shown as my contact information.

My application is almost done (elegibility passed AOR May - Inland FSW) and I am afraid that they will email my former representative requesting the passport. I tried contacting the guy but I coulnd reach him.

What should I do?

When you received your PPR, did they send it to your email from My CIC?

If I call them again, can the agent tell me if the PPR was sent?

Thank you! :D
replied in april thread

saadicanada

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia, Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17th Nov, 2015
AOR Received.
4th March, 2016
Med's Request
31st March, 2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
fahad04 said:
Dear, Section 21, 22 & 26 all are related to refusal of publishing information.

So, that means some of the information about you that CIC had collected or collecting, couldn't be shared in GCMS notes with you right now.

Nothing to worry but certainly, entries of this section in GCMS will delay case processing.

Thanks
Thanks for your response. I think CIC will never show the information related to security on anbody gcms notes ever. But how can u be so sure that it's gonna delay the process?

Thanks again

roaringpanthers 12345

Feb 4, 2015
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th Sep 2015 (CIO,NS)
Doc's Request.
RPRF paid April 2016
Nomination.....
24th July 2015 NSNP
AOR Received.
9th Dec 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with PR application
File Transfer...
X
Med's Request
30th June 2016
Med's Done....
6th July 2016. Passed 10th July 2016
Interview........
X
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting (Inland)
Hello,
My friend received gcms notes last week.

They Applied for PR under pnp. Husband and wife with no kids or other dependents.

My friend (MR.X) applied for gcms notes and gcms notes explains everything regarding his progress.
But for his wife (Mrs X) sections criminality, Medical etc were erased or not shown and on the right side of page
Mentioned s21 and s 26 on those pages and in activities.
So I assume gcms notes will provide details of gcms notes requester and WILL NOT SHOW INFORMATION
ABOUT SPOUSE OR DEPENDENTS FOR PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY.

So I think s21, 26 are nothing to worry especially when you don't see spouse info in gcms.
It's just a matter of privacy.
Mr X applied a new gcms in his wife's name and probably when they get it his info could be masked.

Seniors any opinion about s21-26
Correct me if I am wrong

jetplane

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I have just received my GCMS notes and am trying to decipher it. Would really appreciate if anyone can answer following questions -

i. I am a FSW-Outland candidate. Have never even entered Canada. In the notes, for my spouse- RCMP screening is shown as - NRT.
However for me it shows the status as fingerprints required and then cancelled!
Any cause for concern?

ii. Security status current value reads 'Updated' - what does this mean? IS security completed?

Thanks a lot.