+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

understanding GCMS notes

MrTee

Nov 18, 2015
JoacRy said:
Hi my VO is CPC Ottawa. The file was transferred from CIO in Sydney NS to CPC Ottawa as 'Workload Re-dustribution' on 26 February. After that there is no movement at all.
looks good, my application was also processed at ottawa, they didnt touch my file for 3 months after 11.2

Most probably an Analyst will go through your application , if not yet done (check your latest note's text, agent/analyst/support) and after that final decision will be taken by a Visa Officer.

Good luck

Ertugru

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
riasat.abir said:
I applied for GCMS Notes on June 22 (AOR Feb 22) and Today I received this email from CIC ::)

"We regret to inform you that we are unable to process your request for the following reason:
·The file number in question was initially submitted as an Express Entry application. Note that the file has reached the permanent residence stage. Please advise if you wish to amend your ATIP request for the permanent residence file. "

Nothing changed for my profile, med passed, eligibility in review, background check not needed.

Should I ask for PR file? Have anyone received this message before?
I have received the below e-mail from CIC/IRCC:

Dear XXXXXX,

This is to acknowledge receipt of your request submitted pursuant to the Access to Information Act received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada on June 20, 2016 for the following records:

The express entry profile concerning XXXX, XXXX.

We regret to inform you that we are unable to process your request for the following reason:
· The file number in question was initially submitted as an Express Entry application. Note that the file has reached the permanent residence stage. Please advise if you wish to amend your ATIP request for the permanent residence file.

· We require that you specify whether you wish to receive the electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s), which include the file status and updates, OR, the application forms, supporting documents and correspondences sent to and/or from IRCC.

Note that we will put your request on hold until we receive the requested information from you. If we have not received your reply by August 5, 2016, we will consider the request abandoned and close our file accordingly.

Please submit the requested information to our office by either replying to this email or by mail at the following address:

Access to Information and Privacy Division
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

You are entitled to submit a complaint to the Office of the Information Commissioner of Canada (OIC) regarding the processing of your request within 60 days of the issuance of this letter. For additional information on how to submit a complaint, visit the OIC website at www.oic-ci.gc.ca

Sincerely,

ATIP Officer
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instead selecting the PR file I just reply them:
"I need GCMS Note/electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s), which include the file status and updates only".

singh_maninder

Jan 5, 2016
Ertugru said:
I have received the below e-mail from CIC/IRCC:

Dear XXXXXX,

This is to acknowledge receipt of your request submitted pursuant to the Access to Information Act received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada on June 20, 2016 for the following records:

The express entry profile concerning XXXX, XXXX.

We regret to inform you that we are unable to process your request for the following reason:
· The file number in question was initially submitted as an Express Entry application. Note that the file has reached the permanent residence stage. Please advise if you wish to amend your ATIP request for the permanent residence file.

· We require that you specify whether you wish to receive the electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s), which include the file status and updates, OR, the application forms, supporting documents and correspondences sent to and/or from IRCC.

Note that we will put your request on hold until we receive the requested information from you. If we have not received your reply by August 5, 2016, we will consider the request abandoned and close our file accordingly.

Please submit the requested information to our office by either replying to this email or by mail at the following address:

Access to Information and Privacy Division
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

You are entitled to submit a complaint to the Office of the Information Commissioner of Canada (OIC) regarding the processing of your request within 60 days of the issuance of this letter. For additional information on how to submit a complaint, visit the OIC website at www.oic-ci.gc.ca

Sincerely,

ATIP Officer
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instead selecting the PR file I just reply them:
"I need GCMS Note/electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s), which include the file status and updates only".

You have selected Express Entry in place of Permanent Residency Notes . Just revert back that you need Permanent Residency file notes . I had also done the same mistake .

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today I received gcms notes. Under outgoing section it says
Document: Application Transferred
Items Requested -Item: Kit, Application forms
Due Date: 2016/06/16

This entry was created on 2016/06/17.
Eligibility, Medical and Criminality: Passed (Criminality passed on 6/17). Earlier Security was Not Started, but in this notes Security is blank.
Application due date is 2016/07/16

What does it mean? My VO is still CPC-Ottawa, not sure what is transferred Cry

subic85

Star Member
Oct 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2016
Nomination.....
29-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-02-2016
Med's Request
03-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
01-03-2017
IMGNSPNP said:
Eligibility: Not Started / Recommended review

Not Started: The officer at CIC Ottawa who have analyzed your file find nothing alarming in your documentation/file, Now, its up to local officer to check your file, if he is satisfied he will set the status to "eligibility met". Order next GCMS you will notice this change if everything looks fine to Local visa officer.

Recommended Review: The officer at CIC Ottawa who have analyzed your file find something alarming or not satisfied at some area and asking local visa officer to review at the areas he is concerned about.

you are at the safe corner.
Oh, it is such a relief to know this. Thanks !!

subic85

Star Member
Oct 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2016
Nomination.....
29-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-02-2016
Med's Request
03-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
01-03-2017
singh_maninder said:
My Notes also say the same . Same day A11.2 cleared and same day they transferred the file to NDVO and same status as yours .
don't know when but may be we will get PPR together :)

xi

Jan 30, 2015
Hello Experts;

I need some advice on creating profile for express entry. I have one year of foreign work experience but I did not mention that while applying my study permit (2012) and work permit (2014) in Canada. I ordered the GCMS notes for study permit but could find anything about my previous work experience in that. Now if I mention this foreign work experience in the express entry profile, will that generate any query during the review of my file? I have all the documents related to my previous experience but the only mistake I never mentioned in my work permit or study permit application. Experts please advise.

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xi said:
Hello Experts;

I need some advice on creating profile for express entry. I have one year of foreign work experience but I did not mention that while applying my study permit (2012) and work permit (2014) in Canada. I ordered the GCMS notes for study permit but could find anything about my previous work experience in that. Now if I mention this foreign work experience in the express entry profile, will that generate any query during the review of my file? I have all the documents related to my previous experience but the only mistake I never mentioned in my work permit or study permit application. Experts please advise.
It does not matter. It won't cause any issue.

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
xi said:
Hello Experts;

what did u mention in the place of that foreign experience in 2012 and 2014.

Sanazeh

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
Hi All,

I recently received my GCMS notes, I am an FSW Outland applicant.

My AOR date is 27th March 2016. There are 3 reviews that are done within a week's time till 2nd April (during this time my BG check has gone into in progress to not needed) this includes Support agent review and 2 agents review. One is for R10 and the other one is A11.2. Both r10 & a11.2 seem okay and security has not started. After this the next update was due on 30th June 2016. I have a few questions, if anyone can help:

1. Where can I find my visa office? Is this always supposed to be a local VO? I am a Pakistani applicant and my primary office says CPC Ottawa. The file has been transfer within Centralized office few times due to work load distribution.
2. Any idea how many agents review the case? As mentioned, mine has been reviewed by 3 so far and everything looks okay.
3. What does security check involve? How long could it take to be completed for an FSW outland applicant?
4. What does 'NRT' in the biographic activity means?

Thanks!

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
Sanazeh said:
Hi All,

I recently received my GCMS notes, I am an FSW Outland applicant.

My AOR date is 27th March 2016. There are 3 reviews that are done within a week's time till 2nd April (during this time my BG check has gone into in progress to not needed) this includes Support agent review and 2 agents review. One is for R10 and the other one is A11.2. Both r10 & a11.2 seem okay and security has not started. After this the next update was due on 30th June 2016. I have a few questions, if anyone can help:

1. Where can I find my visa office? Is this always supposed to be a local VO? I am a Pakistani applicant and my primary office says CPC Ottawa. The file has been transfer within Centralized office few times due to work load distribution.
2. Any idea how many agents review the case? As mentioned, mine has been reviewed by 3 so far and everything looks okay.
3. What does security check involve? How long could it take to be completed for an FSW outland applicant?
4. What does 'NRT' in the biographic activity means?

Thanks!
may i know what was the update on june 30th.

1. Yes local visa office for outlanders is usually in the capital city.

2. IMO 2 more will review...case analyst and case officer.

Sanazeh

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
Thanks for the response! I haven't ordered the GCMS notes again, dont know what happened on the 30th as this one was ordered 28th May. Can you also clarify how eligibility met is different from passed or recommended passed?

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
Sanazeh said:
Thanks for the response! I haven't ordered the GCMS notes again, dont know what happened on the 30th as this one was ordered 28th May. Can you also clarify how eligibility met is different from passed or recommended passed?
ok, usually met is the word used by agents/service support agents.........whereas recommended passed is the word used by case analysts.....case analyst is superior and recommended passed is better and safer term.......it implies he is recommending u to case officer(highest authority/decision maker).

so u infer there was an update on 30th based on GCMS or was there an update on ur cic account.......iam also FSW outland and Aor in april.