+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

understanding GCMS notes

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
valsanail said:
Usually security check is blank if it is in progress and you may also find some kind of S(15) note (can't remember for sure) in the top right corner of the security section, thos may indicate that security is complete or ongoing
Thanks

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
lazybone said:
true...it is S.15(c)
if you have ordered notes and your a11.2 is met...then you will still see s.19(1) on top right hand corner of the a11.2 analyst recommendation surely...
here is some information you might useful....

Section 19 - Personal Information

The Provision:

19(1) Subject to subsection (2), the head of a government institution shall refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains personal information as defined in section 3 of the Privacy Act.

(if you see this...nothing to worry about...you are good to go; the govt basically withholds personal info under this section)

Section 16 - Law Enforcement & Investigations - Security

16(1)(c)

information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information

(if you see this....there is an issue with security)

Section 15-International affairs and defence

15. (1) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the conduct of international affairs, the defence of Canada or any state allied or associated with Canada or the detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information

(if you see this- s.15(c) security is cleared/ongoing)

Hope this helps!
OMG, I can see 16(1)(c) on the top right of the notes :eek:

What sort of security issues ?

redd456

Sep 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-16
AOR Received.
19-01-16
Med's Done....
26-01-16
lazybone said:
true...it is S.15(c)
if you have ordered notes and your a11.2 is met...then you will still see s.19(1) on top right hand corner of the a11.2 analyst recommendation surely...
here is some information you might useful....

Section 19 - Personal Information

The Provision:

19(1) Subject to subsection (2), the head of a government institution shall refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains personal information as defined in section 3 of the Privacy Act.

(if you see this...nothing to worry about...you are good to go; the govt basically withholds personal info under this section)

Section 16 - Law Enforcement & Investigations - Security

16(1)(c)

information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information

(if you see this....there is an issue with security)

Section 15-International affairs and defence

15. (1) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the conduct of international affairs, the defence of Canada or any state allied or associated with Canada or the detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information

(if you see this- s.15(c) security is cleared/ongoing)

Hope this helps!
s 16(1)(c) does not just mean security issue. It has to do with verification of your credentials legitimacy; be it work, education, travel visas etc. Nothing serious here unless there is a fabrication of the said documents.

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
messiry said:

im sorry but i did not mean to make you worried...it should be mostly related to job verification....if your a11.2(eligibility) is met then you should not be worried at all....because your job verification is already done...

whenever the officer is not satisfied with a particular document you have provided, it might trigger additional verification..usually it has to do with job but as redd456 correctly pointed out...it might be something else...

hope this helps!

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
messiry said:

1. could you share your status please? aor, vo, meds, bg check in process, etc?
2. could you check your last 5 activities and officer notes (R10-agent recommendation/a11.2 analyst/service support agent) and share with us..that would give us a clearer picture as to whats going on with your application..
3. which page do you see S16(1)(c)?

saadicanada

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia, Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17th Nov, 2015
AOR Received.
4th March, 2016
Med's Request
31st March, 2016
Med's Done....
6th April, 2016 Medical Recieved....: 21st April, 2016 RPRF 30th April, 2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi guys

I need your help in understanding that what does S.21 means written on top right corner in the gcms notes ?

My all checks are passed except security which was not started in my 1st gcms notes and went blank in 2nd gcms notes.

Plz help

Kirkoven

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2016
Doc's Request.
20-07-2016
AOR Received.
20-02-2016
Med's Done....
23-02-2016
messiry said:

lazybone said:
2. could you check your last 5 activities and officer notes (R10-agent recommendation/a11.2 analyst/service support agent) and share with us..that would give us a clearer picture as to whats going on with your application..
I also have S16(1)(c) on a couple of pages.
It is showing on last page of "Payment" and first page of "History". On these pages, there also "ESDC" and "Associations" but everything there has a ZERO value as indicated below.
ESDC
ESDC: 0

ASSOCIATIONS
APPLICATIONS & CASES
APPLICATIONS & CASES:0

GROUPS
GROUPS:0

I also have five pages with S.15(1)
2nd page of the GCMS notes
Two pages of Security
One page of Application Status
One page of notes (Officer notes)

I am very worried now especially that I have just the six months' timeline...

As per last GCMS notes:
Eligibility : Passed
Medical: Passed
Criminality: Passed
Security: Blank

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
lazybone said:
My timeline:

Category: PNP-Outland
AOR :10 MAY
Scheduele A request : 13 May
Background: Not needed at this time (19 May)
Background in Progress: August 3
Ghost email: August 4

The comments from the Officer, Case Analyst, Program Assistant, Agent, Support service agent approves the application. I found the S16(1)(c) on the last page of the notes, This is actually confusing me since there are no negative comments or remarks written .

Eligibility: Passed
Security: Not started
Medical Passed

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
lazybone said:
im sorry but i did not mean to make you worried...it should be mostly related to job verification....if your a11.2(eligibility) is met then you should not be worried at all....because your job verification is already done...

whenever the officer is not satisfied with a particular document you have provided, it might trigger additional verification..usually it has to do with job but as redd456 correctly pointed out...it might be something else...

hope this helps!

no need to be sorry, You have helped me spot a potential problem, I should say thank you :)

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
saadicanada said:
Hi guys

I need your help in understanding that what does S.21 means written on top right corner in the gcms notes ?

My all checks are passed except security which was not started in my 1st gcms notes and went blank in 2nd gcms notes.

Plz help
Kirkoven said:
It is showing on last page of "Payment" and first page of "History". On these pages, there also "ESDC" and "Associations" but everything there has a ZERO value as indicated below.
ESDC

ASSOCIATIONS
APPLICATIONS & CASES

GROUPS

Two pages of Security

As per last GCMS notes:
Just for everyone's clarification...when your application is undergoing security...all the information is blanked out...so basically the govt does not want us to know what kind of security check they are doing...they donot give information related to security check under sections 15.(1), s.19(1), etc...thats why these sections are mentioned on the right top hand corner of the page....that means that have hidden secuirty related info on that page under that section....

out of all the sections they take s.16 (c) most seriously...because of redd456's comment and my comment above

As per my experience, I was also confused regarding security check but redd456 helped me understand.....on this forum from what I have seen...usually during this stage a rejection is mostly due to NOC inconsistencies...thats the reason why I said it is has to do with some documents pertaining to job verification etc...if the officer is not satisfied with a particular document, means he would have to verify your employment via phone call or something else or addl scrutiny of that document for their due diligence...im not sure they will go about the process...

but if your employment is valid and the NOC is good...then theres is nothing to worry about...
secondly, if your activity says EE ECON passed or if you already have a11.2 recommendation....then some sort of verification is already done...and the analyst has left final job verification to officer...

I hope this helps all of you!

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
messiry said:
My timeline:

Category: PNP-Outland
AOR :10 MAY
Scheduele A request : 13 May
Background: Not needed at this time (19 May)
Background in Progress: August 3
Ghost email: August 4

The comments from the Officer, Case Analyst, Program Assistant, Agent, Support service agent approves the application. I found the S16(1)(c) on the last page of the notes, This is actually confusing me since there are no negative comments or remarks written .

Eligibility: Passed
Security: Not started
Medical Passed
firstly....as you are an outland applicant, i am assuming they have left some sort of verification to be done at LVO or final officer....you may find out if the file has been transfered to LVO thru your notes..
like it said earlier, some document, most probably job related is being verified...or it might be something else...as your eligibility is passed (thats the big one), and everything is looking good on your notes...dont worry..

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
Kirkoven said:
ESDC

ASSOCIATIONS
APPLICATIONS & CASES

GROUPS

Two pages of Security

As per last GCMS notes:
As far as the groups are '0' you are good there...
ESDC is employment and social assistance canada...i am assuming you might have a LMIA...and they are trying to verify the LMIA
check this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/fsw/employment/esdc.asp

Check your activities you check whether you have 'actually' cleared security or not....read the activities section carefully to get more info/clarity on your application

hope this helps!

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
saadicanada said:
Hi guys

Plz help
section 21 relates to csis clearence which is what your application is going thru...read this link(under clearances):
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/grant/adult.asp

csis always withholds information...nothing to worry about there....

hope this helps!

Kirkoven

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2016
Doc's Request.
20-07-2016
AOR Received.
20-02-2016
Med's Done....
23-02-2016
lazybone said:
As far as the groups are '0' you are good there...
ESDC is employment and social assistance canada...i am assuming you might have a LMIA...and they are trying to verify the LMIA
check this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/fsw/employment/esdc.asp

Check your activities you check whether you have 'actually' cleared security or not....read the activities section carefully to get more info/clarity on your application

hope this helps!
Thank You Lazybone and +1 for your efforts

Please note that I don't have LMIA and in fact I don't have any Canadian Experience. For eleven years, continuously, I have been working in the GCC office of a FTSE 250 company. Hence, my employment is very easy to verify.

Regarding security, everything has been removed.

Under activities, "11.2-EE MI" is "Met" and "Selection-EE Econ" is "Passed".
These are activities 2 & 3.

Activity 1 is security for my wife, it goes like this
Activity:1
UCI:XXXXXXXX
Name: My wife's name
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Security
Field Name: Status
That's it, it stops here!!!
Also, as I indicated earlier Eligibilty, Criminality as well as Medicals are all "Passed".

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
Kirkoven said:
Thank You Lazybone and +1 for your efforts

Please note that I don't have LMIA and in fact I don't have any Canadian Experience. For eleven years, continuously, I have been working in the GCC office of a FTSE 250 company. Hence, my employment is very easy to verify.

Regarding security, everything has been removed.

Under activities, "11.2-EE MI" is "Met" and "Selection-EE Econ" is "Passed".
These are activities 2 & 3.

Activity 1 is security for my wife, it goes like this
Activity:1
UCI:XXXXXXXX
Name: My wife's name
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Security
Field Name: Status
That's it, it stops here!!!
Also, as I indicated earlier Eligibilty, Criminality as well as Medicals are all "Passed".
firstly thank you!
yes I see ESDC is 0
your are going thru security right now...once cleared, field name should say updated and you will see s.15(1) on pages...as far as your application is concerned...everything is looking good....i am assuming it might have taken a month for the notes to arrive by which time your security must have been completed...
hitting the 6 month mark must be a little unnerving for you but its all looking good..just taking a little bit of time....hang tight!!!