+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

understanding GCMS notes

pujan3103

Star Member
Oct 14, 2015
Hi all,
My application was refused last month due to difference in Primary NOC Code and my FSW NOC Code. I got my RPRF back. But my agent had challenged the decision of cic. And today after a month my agent calls me and tells me that cic have sent a request for RPRF back.
what does this mean?
will i still have to wait for 3-6 months more? as my previous application took 6months and then got rejected, and my security and criminality check were already done.
does this RPRF request means that my profile is now eligible?
Always i want to know if everybody gets the same format for RPRF!

Dear PUJAN,
This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the
Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still
ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose.
Before we can approve your application, we require payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee
(RPRF). You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued. The RPRF must be
paid once for yourself as a principal applicant and once for your accompanying spouse or common
law partner, if applicable.
If you delay the payment of the RPRF, your security or medical results may expire, which would delay
the issuance of your visas. We therefore encourage you to pay the RPRF as soon as possible, by following
these steps:
 Go to our Online Payment webpage
 Read the instructions on each page, and click “Continue” to proceed
 Select the “Immigration” link, followed by “Right of Permanent Residence Fee”
 Enter the number of fee payments (1 or 2) in the box beside the fee of $490
 Click “Submit”
 Proceed to pay your fees by selecting “Pay” and then follow the instructions to pay with Visa,
American Express or Mastercard.
Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format.
You must upload a copy of your receipt to your MyCIC account.
The RPRF will be refunded if the application is refused, if you withdraw your application or if you
choose not to use your visa.
Your response to the above requests is required within 7 days.

please reply and let me know guys. its been a long long wait.
Thanks

Eye in the sky

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
pujan3103 said:
Hi all,
My application was refused last month due to difference in Primary NOC Code and my FSW NOC Code. I got my RPRF back. But my agent had challenged the decision of cic. And today after a month my agent calls me and tells me that cic have sent a request for RPRF back.
what does this mean?
will i still have to wait for 3-6 months more? as my previous application took 6months and then got rejected, and my security and criminality check were already done.
does this RPRF request means that my profile is now eligible?
Always i want to know if everybody gets the same format for RPRF!

Dear PUJAN,
This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the
Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still
ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose.
Before we can approve your application, we require payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee
(RPRF). You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued. The RPRF must be
paid once for yourself as a principal applicant and once for your accompanying spouse or common
law partner, if applicable.
If you delay the payment of the RPRF, your security or medical results may expire, which would delay
the issuance of your visas. We therefore encourage you to pay the RPRF as soon as possible, by following
these steps:
 Go to our Online Payment webpage
 Read the instructions on each page, and click “Continue” to proceed
 Select the “Immigration” link, followed by “Right of Permanent Residence Fee”
 Enter the number of fee payments (1 or 2) in the box beside the fee of $490
 Click “Submit”
 Proceed to pay your fees by selecting “Pay” and then follow the instructions to pay with Visa,
American Express or Mastercard.
Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format.
You must upload a copy of your receipt to your MyCIC account.
The RPRF will be refunded if the application is refused, if you withdraw your application or if you
choose not to use your visa.
Your response to the above requests is required within 7 days.

please reply and let me know guys. its been a long long wait.
Thanks
It's great news for you! Pay the fee ASAP! it will not take much time to make a decision in your case. You have a strong case.. Good luck!

abedin

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2016
AOR Received.
04-05-2016
Med's Done....
22-04-2016
Passport Req..
15-11-2016
Hi

I got my GCMS note today. The snapshot that I can take is as below:

ASSESSMENTS:
Eligibility: Recommend Passed
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

In the 'Notes 1' section, after all the explanation I see its written as "RECOMMENDATION: Appears to meet A11.2 & R87.1 requirements"

Should I be hopeful?

I got my ITA on 24-03-2016, AOR was 03-05-2016.

RockCan

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Nomination.....
15-04-16
AOR Received.
06-05-16
abedin said:
Hi

I got my GCMS note today. The snapshot that I can take is as below:

ASSESSMENTS:
Eligibility: Recommend Passed
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

In the 'Notes 1' section, after all the explanation I see its written as "RECOMMENDATION: Appears to meet A11.2 & R87.1 requirements"

Should I be hopeful?

I got my ITA on 24-03-2016, AOR was 03-05-2016.
You gonna get your PPR soon, Everything is clear except Security, it shall take anywhere around 2 weeks to 2 months...!!

davey

Jun 27, 2016
ACTIVITY
ACTIVITY: 1
Name: xxxxxx
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Candidate - PNP
Field Name: Status
New Value: Not Met Updated Date: 2016/06/22 Updated By: EAIEAPP Office: GCMS-System

ACTIVITY: 2
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Candidate - CRS
New Value: Complete Updated Date: 2016/06/22 Updated By: EAIEAPP Office: GCMS-System

ACTIVITY: 3
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Candidate - MST
New Value: Not Met Updated Date: 2016/06/22 Updated By: EAIEAPP Office: GCMS-System

ACTIVITY: 4
Name: xxxx
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Candidate - FSW

ACTIVITY: 5
Name: xxxxxxx
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: 11.2-EE Ml
New Value: Review Required Updated Date: 2016/06/22 Updated By: EAIEAPP
Office: CPC-Ottawa

ACTIVITY: 6
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Candidate - CEC
New Value: Met
Updated Date: 2016/06/22 Updated By: EAIEAPP Office: GCMS-System

ACTIVITY: 7
New Value: Calculation In Progress
Updated Date: 2016/06/22 Updated By: EAISCORE Office: CPC-Ottawa

ACTIVITY: 8
Name: xxxxx
New Value: Calculate Updated Date: 2016/06/22 Updated By: JB01774 Office: CPC-Ottawa

ACTIVITY: 9

ACTIVITY: 10
New Value: Complete Updated Date: 2016/06/22 Updated By: EAIEAPP Office: GCMS-System

ACTIVITY: 11

ACTIVITY: 12

ACTIVITY: 13

ACTIVITY: 14

ACTIVITY: 15

ACTIVITY: 16
New Value: Calculate Updated Date: 2016/06/22 Updated By: JB01774 Office: CPC-Ottawa

ACTIVITY: 17
New Value: Not Met Updated Date: 2016/05/11 Updated By: EAIEAPP Office: GCMS-System

any body to help make sense of this? has eligibility been assessed?

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
davey said:
ACTIVITY
ACTIVITY: 1

ACTIVITY: 2

ACTIVITY: 3

ACTIVITY: 4

ACTIVITY: 5

ACTIVITY: 6

ACTIVITY: 7

ACTIVITY: 8

ACTIVITY: 9

ACTIVITY: 10

ACTIVITY: 11

ACTIVITY: 12

ACTIVITY: 13

ACTIVITY: 14

ACTIVITY: 15

ACTIVITY: 16

ACTIVITY: 17
New Value: Not Met Updated Date: 2016/05/11 Updated By: EAIEAPP Office: GCMS-System

any body to help make sense of this? has eligibility been assessed?
From what I see, you are very close to meeting the eligibility assessment...you might have not met it on the date you have ordered the notes...but i assume that it must have been passed by now...typically, one of the activities says EE ECON passed...that means you have cleared eligibility FOR SURE...
although that is not mentioned in your notes...it is pretty evident that the analyst has calculated your points...(see activity 2 & 16)... the JB person is an officer..

going by your category(cec) and vo(ottawa)...you should be fine...the notes are a snapshot of a point in time and it gives you all the details regarding your application upto 'a particular day'... on the day you ordered the notes, although EE ECON is not showing up under the activities...im assuming it took you a month to receive the notes and EE ECON would have been updated..i 'think' not sure...but preety confident it would get updated.. its all looking good on your activities...

what do your a11.2/ r10/medicals indicate? are they all looking positive?

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
davey said:
well, i have gone 7 months and counting with no update from cic for the whole 6 months; gcms notes does have eligibility outstanding and they requested imm5406 (i had filled it out correctly first time, mind) last week. i really would love to understand the process a bit better.....
i believe you had asked this question on cec inland thread....

firstly...you have a lot of patience my friend...i wish i was patient as you and im not...i completely understand about how unnerving it must be for you...be hopeful...it will work out...

now to answer your question..
regarding the addl family information form...you need to fill out the application mentioning your 'closest' relatives...what they actually look at-is whether you have a spouse...then father, mother etc...you need to fill out that form to the 'best of your knowledge'...

1.whoever you decide to mention on that form, you will be able to sponsor them thru family class later on(if they arent on your application already)
2. whoever you did not declare properly on that form...there will be no sponsorship opp'tys later on for them...

Hope this helps!

davey

Jun 27, 2016
lazybone said:
i believe you had asked this question on cec inland thread....

firstly...you have a lot of patience my friend...i wish i was patient as you and im not...i completely understand about how unnerving it must be for you...be hopeful...it will work out...

now to answer your question..
regarding the addl family information form...you need to fill out the application mentioning your 'closest' relatives...what they actually look at-is whether you have a spouse...then father, mother etc...you need to fill out that form to the 'best of your knowledge'...

1.whoever you decide to mention on that form, you will be able to sponsor them thru family class later on(if they arent on your application already)
2. whoever you did not declare properly on that form...there will be no sponsorship opp'tys later on for them...

Hope this helps!
I get that and I filled my parents and siblings all correctly as well as using N/A where applicable. If I get married, I can add for sure as i don't know who I will marry, unless they want me to be a "magician". Lol.

davey

Jun 27, 2016
lazybone said:
From what I see, you are very close to meeting the eligibility assessment...you might have not met it on the date you have ordered the notes...but i assume that it must have been passed by now...typically, one of the activities says EE ECON passed...that means you have cleared eligibility FOR SURE...
although that is not mentioned in your notes...it is pretty evident that the analyst has calculated your points...(see activity 2 & 16)... the JB person is an officer..

going by your category(cec) and vo(ottawa)...you should be fine...the notes are a snapshot of a point in time and it gives you all the details regarding your application upto 'a particular day'... on the day you ordered the notes, although EE ECON is not showing up under the activities...im assuming it took you a month to receive the notes and EE ECON would have been updated..i 'think' not sure...but preety confident it would get updated.. its all looking good on your activities...

what do your a11.2/ r10/medicals indicate? are they all looking positive?
The r10 and medicals have been passed. the a11.2 (I assume eligibility?) I can't find that specific phrase in my gcms notes. strange.... where do they show up?

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
davey said:
The r10 and medicals have been passed. the a11.2 (I assume eligibility?) I can't find that specific phrase in my gcms notes. strange.... where do they show up?

you can find the a11.2/analyst recommendation right above the R10/agent recommendation in your notes.....check your notes...
if it is there, then you are good...EE ECON should be passed by now , as I was saying earlier...

abedin

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2016
AOR Received.
04-05-2016
Med's Done....
22-04-2016
Passport Req..
15-11-2016
Thanks! Fingers crossed! I have asked for another GCMS note on 10th August, 2016, expecting to arrive it by mid-september. Lets hope for the best! Thank you!

RockCan said:
You gonna get your PPR soon, Everything is clear except Security, it shall take anywhere around 2 weeks to 2 months...!!

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
Guys, How do we know if security check has started ? I heard even if you passed eligibility in the notes, The security status will remain "not started" despite progress in security checks initiating for the applicant. Is this true ?

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
No additional documents request since AOR
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
messiry said:
Guys, How do we know if security check has started ? I heard even if you passed eligibility in the notes, The security status will remain "not started" despite progress in security checks initiating for the applicant. Is this true ?
Usually security check is blank if it is in progress and you may also find some kind of S(15) note (can't remember for sure) in the top right corner of the security section, thos may indicate that security is complete or ongoing

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
valsanail said:
Usually security check is blank if it is in progress and you may also find some kind of S(15) note (can't remember for sure) in the top right corner of the security section, thos may indicate that security is complete or ongoing
true...it is S.15(c)
if you have ordered notes and your a11.2 is met...then you will still see s.19(1) on top right hand corner of the a11.2 analyst recommendation surely...
here is some information you might useful....

Section 19 - Personal Information

The Provision:

19(1) Subject to subsection (2), the head of a government institution shall refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains personal information as defined in section 3 of the Privacy Act.

(if you see this...nothing to worry about...you are good to go; the govt basically withholds personal info under this section)

Section 16 - Law Enforcement & Investigations - Security

16(1)(c)

information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information

(if you see this....there is an issue with security)

Section 15-International affairs and defence

15. (1) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the conduct of international affairs, the defence of Canada or any state allied or associated with Canada or the detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information

(if you see this- s.15(c) security is cleared/ongoing)

Hope this helps!