+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to Book appointment at VFS Bangladesh

shussain92

Dec 20, 2019
When I try to schedule an appointment I always get to the OTP page and when I put the OTP from the email I get an error.

This is so frustrating. My mom was told by a dalal to pay 50,000 tk to book an appointment at the Chittagong office.

SHENJUTI

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Ohh wow!!! What a business they are doing now. I am still getting the same issue. I am also waiting for a response on my web form (complaint about VFS Bangladesh) from IRCC Singapore.

@Sangyukta - did you get web form response?

We have to do something together to STOP this immediately.

Sangyukta

Dec 27, 2023
When I try to schedule an appointment I always get to the OTP page and when I put the OTP from the email I get an error.

This is so frustrating. My mom was told by a dalal to pay 50,000 tk to book an appointment at the Chittagong office.
The travel agent that helped do my mother's visa application asked for 50,000 taka for an appointment with VFS, he mentioned all these agencies have contact with these brokers and they pay them as well.

Sangyukta

Dec 27, 2023
Ohh wow!!! What a business they are doing now. I am still getting the same issue. I am also waiting for a response on my web form (complaint about VFS Bangladesh) from IRCC Singapore.

@Sangyukta - did you get web form response?

We have to do something together to STOP this immediately.
I did not hear back on the IRCC webform compliant, they just mentioned they got my compliant and no I also did not hear back from VFS. I am not sure what to do now. The deadline to submit mother's passport is April 11.

SHENJUTI

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
The travel agent that helped do my mother's visa application asked for 50,000 taka for an appointment with VFS, he mentioned all these agencies have contact with these brokers and they pay them as well.
So does it mean VFS also take a portion from these brokers (agents/Dalal)?

Sangyukta

Dec 27, 2023
So does it mean VFS also take a portion from these brokers (agents/Dalal)?
Umm well how are these brokers able to book appointments online while we cannot? If VFS does not take any money and is not involved with the brokers then it makes no sense. The website is run by VFS and I have been checking every day since December 18, 2023 and I have not seen one single slot available so then how are these brokers getting appointments is what I wonder.

Last edited:

SHENJUTI

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Umm well how are these brokers able to book appointments online while we cannot? If VFS does not take any money and is not involved with the brokers then it makes no sense. The website is run by VFS and I have been checking every day since December 118, 2023 and I have not seen one single slot available so then how are these brokers getting appointments is what I wonder.
True!!

Did you get any response for web form?

Sangyukta

Dec 27, 2023
True!!

Did you get any response for web form?
For the web form I submitted asking IRCC to issue another passport submission letter, they issued another letter with new deadline of April 11th. For the compliant I submitted I only got confirmation email saying they got my email and that was it.

SHENJUTI

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
I talked to a VFS Agent yesterday. She told me the same thing again and again ( online appointment. No fees etc.) then advised me to contact Singapore IRCC which I already did.

Any idea what else we can do? Feeling really helpless!!!

ar_rahman26

Mar 19, 2024
Hi,

I just got approved visa for my parents. Will try to book VFS online appointment and let you know. But my question is are you still unable to submit passport for 2 months whereas you have to submit within 30 days of issue date.

Please let me know.
Thanks
Hi! How long did it take for them to complete the background check and asked to submit the passport? I applied for my parents and my sister on Dec 29th. My dad had the visa before but it expired in 2021, so didn't have to give the biometric. My mom and sister gave theirs but the update on my mom's profile for the biometric showed up after a month. Since then it has been showing that they are doing the background check. I have also submitted a webform more than a week ago but did not receive any response yet.

SHENJUTI

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Hi! How long did it take for them to complete the background check and asked to submit the passport? I applied for my parents and my sister on Dec 29th. My dad had the visa before but it expired in 2021, so didn't have to give the biometric. My mom and sister gave theirs but the update on my mom's profile for the biometric showed up after a month. Since then it has been showing that they are doing the background check. I have also submitted a webform more than a week ago but did not receive any response yet.
For may parents they also had visa previously, so no biometrics. And the whole process took 30 days from apply to passport request. But now stuck in passport submission at VFS. DHAKA.

Did you get online appointment for biometrics for your mom and sister?

ar_rahman26

Mar 19, 2024
For may parents they also had visa previously, so no biometrics. And the whole process took 30 days from apply to passport request. But now stuck in passport submission at VFS. DHAKA.

Did you get online appointment for biometrics for your mom and sister?
Yes, after submitting the application on Dec 29, I was able to get dates for both my sister ad mom. My sister gave her biometrics on 17th Jan and mom on 22nd Jan. But we did not hear back anything from them after that. The portal still says that they are doing the background check. Same goes for my father (He is the main applicant).

Sangyukta

Dec 27, 2023
I talked to a VFS Agent yesterday. She told me the same thing again and again ( online appointment. No fees etc.) then advised me to contact Singapore IRCC which I already did.

Any idea what else we can do? Feeling really helpless!!!
I wonder if most people are now just paying the brokers to get appointment with VFS like it is the new process. I do not even know anyone that has taken this broker route. What if these brokers take the money to produce a fake appointment text and email and then when we go to VFS they say they do not have any record of appointment. Is there anyone here that knows anyone that has paid a broker and got a valid appointment and submitted passport? Also I wonder if we all just have to reapply from another country like from USA or India or some other country other than Bangladesh.

dnomad

Mar 16, 2024
It seems like VFS created this artificial crisis to sell appointment services to the black market. VFS is an Indian company that is doing as per their management standard. We should raise this corrupted system to the Canadian embassy and IRCC to deal with a legitimate partner and make the passport submission process transparent. How come Dhaka, CHT, and Sylhet are all out of availability, even at any later dates?