+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to Book appointment at VFS Bangladesh

Sangyukta

Dec 27, 2023
Hello, I recently applied for my mother visitor's visa from Bangladesh and got approved, IRCC asked to submit passport but it has been more than 2 months and I am not able to book an appointment for passport submission on the VFS Bangladesh website, recently I have been hearing from friends in Dhaka that some people are roaming around the VFS office in Dhaka and offering to make an appointment with VFS for passport submission in exchange of money. Is there anyone here that has tried these non conventional routes?

Also, are all applicants that have applied for study permit, super visa and PR are facing this same issue of not being able to book an appointment on VFS's website?

SHENJUTI

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Hi,

I just got approved visa for my parents. Will try to book VFS online appointment and let you know. But my question is are you still unable to submit passport for 2 months whereas you have to submit within 30 days of issue date.

Please let me know.
Thanks

Sangyukta

Dec 27, 2023
Hello, yes I have been trying to book an appointment on the VFS website for more than 2 months now but there is no date available. I emailed IRCC and they replied to me saying that this is a known issue for Bangladesh and we can submit passport within 60 days of that letter. So they gave an additional 30 days. However the 60 days are over for me and still when I go to the VFS website I see no date available for passport submission appointment.
And thanks for the link, it is the same link that I have been trying as well.

SHENJUTI

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Hi,

I have submitted a web form that available on this website. Will wait for their response till Friday. Otherwise send my parents in person to book the appointment. Have you tried in person option yet?

Sangyukta

Dec 27, 2023
Hello, no my mother has not gone there in person but I have friends that went to the Gulshan VFS office and they were not allowed to enter. You need an appointment to enter the building. I also spoke to a VFS call center agent both on phone and through the online chat they said they cannot help book any appointment, we have to book ourself on the website.

Let me know what you hear back on the web form.

Thanks.

SHENJUTI

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
OMG!! What a terrible situation. Hope for the best. I will let you know. Please you also let me know if you get any response from VFS. Thanks

MithunDas

Feb 24, 2024
We are having a similar issue for making an appointment with VFS for passport submission for an approved visa. It appears an appointment using the vfs website is not possible. No idea wtf is going on...they were supposed to facilitate paperworks submission process to the respective embassies. Can anyone tell me what to do now?

SHENJUTI

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
We are having a similar issue for making an appointment with VFS for passport submission for an approved visa. It appears an appointment using the vfs website is not possible. No idea wtf is going on...they were supposed to facilitate paperworks submission process to the respective embassies. Can anyone tell me what to do now?
Hi,

I have submitted a web form (mentioned in email section) on VFS website under book appointment on Feb 21. But no response yet. I couldn't book appointment through online option ( when I clicked that option it says site blocked). No idea about the in person booking appointments yet.
Have you tried in person? When did you get passport request from IRCC?

MithunDas

Feb 24, 2024
Passport to be submitted by March 15th...when she went there in person..they asked her to make an online appointment which obviously doesn't show slots. Saw some YouTube videos where people are paying a lot of money for getting an appointment...not sure if that is how things work nowadays in Dhaka. VFS handles multiple countries.

SHENJUTI

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Passport to be submitted by March 15th...when she went there in person..they asked her to make an online appointment which obviously doesn't show slots. Saw some YouTube videos where people are paying a lot of money for getting an appointment...not sure if that is how things work nowadays in Dhaka. VFS handles multiple countries.
As per VFS website notice ( mentioned in home page) IRCC has extended passport submission to 60 Days of issue date on PPR letter. However asking money is totally ridiculous whereas VFS is a global organization and it should maintain standard rules for all countries. It's really becoming a frustrating issue now. Please let me know if you get any good news or find any way to book the appointment. Thanks

aiqbal96

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-04-2020
Med's Done....
18-02-2020
Did any of you manage to book an appointment yet through vfs website or 'agent'? I highly doubt this is due to too many application. This started happening since mid to late December. I have checked multiple times throughout the day from canada and my wife did the same from BD for more than a month every single day now and not a single appointment available.

SHENJUTI

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Did any of you manage to book an appointment yet through vfs website or 'agent'? I highly doubt this is due to too many application. This started happening since mid to late December. I have checked multiple times throughout the day from canada and my wife did the same from BD for more than a month every single day now and not a single appointment available.
[/QUOTE

No good news for me. Yesterday I chat with one representative via web chat option. She said online appointment is the only option now and advise me to keep checking. But unfortunately no slots available and online option is often showing blocked for me . I am trying from Canada. No idea when this issue will be resolved and my parents can submit passports.

• Sad
Reactions: aiqbal96

Sangyukta

Dec 27, 2023
Hello, I have also heard that some people have created a syndicate with VFS Dhaka and they claim to get clients appointments for passport submission with VFS in exchange of a lot of money. I now also see it says website blocked when I try to go to the appointment site. I am not sure if this is the new norm but this is really frustrating. The 60 days are over for my mother to submit passport so I have asked IRCC again through a web form asking them to reissue another letter to submit passport.

SHENJUTI

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
This is very unfortunate and unexpected. No idea what will happen. Exchanging money must not be an option.