26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Yes, I'm in Turkey now!!
Great how r things in turkey any problem traveling. Do we need to do covid test while going or coming back ?

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Yeah me next month
Which airlines r u traveling have u bought tickets. Is there any COVID test on departure. I have heard curfew in Istanbul ?

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
I applied two weeks ago and still waiting for the visa...but i intend to travel in the next two weeks
Have u applied in Toronto they give within a week I guess. May be postal delay.

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
you got 3 months right for turkey? that's strange they gave 1 month to the aforementioned. Was there a long wait on appointments?

Also the application number you used since we both applied in dec 2019, i got mine from the ATIP request, does yours start with XG? i will try again but a few months ago i could not link it

no currently germany accepts from canada , look at this link used by the german federal government to determine who can come and needs to quarantine https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Risikogebiete_neu.html

canada is not considered a high risk area so we can travel there and not even have to quarantine

for egypt please follow the following for the visa

https://egyptianconsulate.ca/visas.html

you have to mail in if you are in ontario they only do in montreal
What was your experience with consulate of Egypt. I applied and they said wait for approval from egypt. It is requirement based on my nationality of based on that we are holding RTD ? did it happened for your as well. how long the approval took and visa itself. because i booked for 14th January ticket and i am scared if the approval takes more i will lose my flight. please ellaborate ur experience please. @Biochemist

NewinKit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Have u applied in Toronto they give within a week I guess. May be postal delay.
Yes in Toronto and its been 3 weeks now.. is there any way to track the visa or can we call the consulate and ask for update?

Also for egypt i know a friend she got the visa in approxiametly 3-4 months they said approval from egypt takes a long time but that was last year not sure if things changed.

Biochemist

Star Member
May 21, 2019
What was your experience with consulate of Egypt. I applied and they said wait for approval from egypt. It is requirement based on my nationality of based on that we are holding RTD ? did it happened for your as well. how long the approval took and visa itself. because i booked for 14th January ticket and i am scared if the approval takes more i will lose my flight. please ellaborate ur experience please. @Biochemist
Hi,

the good thing is they only ask for a photocopy of the passport, and not actual passport, but the bad thing is they know it takes time. My nationality doesn't need a visa for egypt, but because of this RTD, which makes no sense they check on you in egypt. The OK has to come from egyptian foreign ministry, and mind you, you are in in line behind almost all of Africa visiting for study, transit etc. RTD makes things very difficult we no longer have nationality it seems. Some countries take advantage of this like turkey, where i dont need visa but they like to charge you the money anyways. Its not like they will do a better job than the US or UK where i have visa from, so i smile and pay

im really sorry but i dont belive the Egyptians will get back to you by January, they take at least 2 months, maybe if you are a family and stuff it will help earlier but its still tough, i mean you got turkish in a week and the OP above is on 3 weeks, you must have had a more clear profile or nicer person, i waited 2 months, sent the passport and got it back with a paper saying im ok to go, when i got to cairo international they admitted me in as a Canadian (im born in europe, and i guess they saw Canada on the cover) and asked me to pay for visa on arrival AGAIN as a canadian and never looked at the paper visa from montreal which i waited for 2 months for

Last edited:
Reactions: luckyrefugee

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Hi,

the good thing is they only ask for a photocopy of the passport, and not actual passport, but the bad thing is they know it takes time. My nationality doesn't need a visa for egypt, but because of this RTD, which makes no sense they check on you in egypt. The OK has to come from egyptian foreign ministry, and mind you, you are in in line behind almost all of Africa visiting for study, transit etc. RTD makes things very difficult we no longer have nationality it seems. Some countries take advantage of this like turkey, where i dont need visa but they like to charge you the money anyways. Its not like they will do a better job than the US or UK where i have visa from, so i smile and pay

im really sorry but i dont belive the Egyptians will get back to you by January, they take at least 2 months, maybe if you are a family and stuff it will help earlier but its still tough, i mean you got turkish in a week and the OP above is on 3 weeks, you must have had a more clear profile or nicer person, i waited 2 months, sent the passport and got it back with a paper saying im ok to go, when i got to cairo international they admitted me in as a Canadian (im born in europe, and i guess they saw Canada on the cover) and asked me to pay for visa on arrival AGAIN as a canadian and never looked at the paper visa from montreal which i waited for 2 months for
True I postponed egypt going to turkey and Bulgaria

Fawad_iahmad

Mar 5, 2017
Yeah me too I applied today! They told me the Visa will be ready this week and we will call you.

required documents:
Appointment from website( you take the forum with you.
Travel insurance. Costco have good deals.
Flight booking. You can get temporary one for 27$ with Turkish airlines.
Hotel booking, do it for free from booking.com.
PR or student/Work permit
Court decision.
78$ single entry.
One passport photo( 8$ from Costco )
Bank statement + employment letter if you work.

and you will get the Visa in three days! Guaranteed!
how much balance did you show in your bank statement? cause I don’t have much in my bank right now.

and is there any way I can apply online cause I live in New Brunswick and there is no Turkish embassy/consulate here.

Shafiqahmad

Jan 4, 2020
@luckyrefugee hi i m planning to apply for turkey visit visa . Can u please guide me abit . Which website should i use for application process . And do they take proper interview like us or just ask about documnts? And if my RTd is expiring in dec 2021 can i travel in may 2021 ? For one month ?

Reactions: luckyrefugee

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
@luckyrefugee hi i m planning to apply for turkey visit visa . Can u please guide me abit . Which website should i use for application process . And do they take proper interview like us or just ask about documnts? And if my RTd is expiring in dec 2021 can i travel in may 2021 ? For one month ?

firstly, they only give for 30 days visa with RTD,
secondly, you should plan your trip as when you departed from Turkey in your RTD should be at least 6 months prior to expiry,
thirdly, No one can predict how could be visa interview, it depends person who is interviewed and who is doing the interview, as normal visa process checking documents, bank statements, asking about trip, purpose, because of the C.... I do not write you could guess, everything mixed they could ask many other things. probably travel insurance must, good luck

and yes, the main part if you google turkey embassy in Toronto you could find an embassy website where you could get more answers for your questions, as well as visa application process.

Reactions: Shafiqahmad

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Yes you need to book an appointment online through there website. Then normal documents , bank statements , hotel booking. , insurance and iternary they are asking no tough interview. Regarding going in may . Ur passport / travel documents must be valid for 6 months at time of entering turkey I believe but double check with them better

Reactions: Shafiqahmad