+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Turkey Visa experience on RTD?

Biochemist

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Wow. Where u spent 5 months by the way. It’s really long time.
3 months germany, 2 months egypt, 2 weeks Mexico
being refugee and no PR i use the time to be out, when PR comes ill stay 3 years and finish residency requirements hopefully, but now with every 2 days counting as 1 and lockdown its not very attractive to be here (plus i work online now)

Reactions: luckyrefugee

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
3 months germany, 2 months egypt, 2 weeks Mexico
being refugee and no PR i use the time to be out, when PR comes ill stay 3 years and finish residency requirements hopefully, but now with every 2 days counting as 1 and lockdown its not very attractive to be here (plus i work online now)
that’s so interesting. I am planning the same. I got us visa and turkey visa. But scared due to COVID. Do we need visa for egypt and Mexico without PR. I have heard if you have us valid visa Mexico is not an issue. I am more interested in egypt. How to get visa for egypt. Yes you are right. Traveling is fun. Did you travel all at once or coming and going .

did you receive your AOR. I believe ur December 2019 as well .

Biochemist

Star Member
May 21, 2019
that’s so interesting. I am planning the same. I got us visa and turkey visa. But scared due to COVID. Do we need visa for egypt and Mexico without PR. I have heard if you have us valid visa Mexico is not an issue. I am more interested in egypt. How to get visa for egypt. Yes you are right. Traveling is fun. Did you travel all at once or coming and going .

did you receive your AOR. I believe ur December 2019 as well .
Yes Dec 2019, No AOR at all, i think sadly AOR wont come till maybe april 2021 at best, the processing is 24 months now it says but i don't know, i'm saying April because im hopeful but to be realistic maybe October 2021 for AOR and then a year to process it, unless some news channel or someone reports it to the minister of immigration the IRCC we will be at the bottom of the pit.

I really like how the persian community played it and told about IRCC to the news and reps and got a motion in Ottawa to set IRCC straight for long processing times maybe some refugee community or legal service can do the same for us

(https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2018/06/10/iranians-facing-higher-delays-for-permanent-residency-than-other-nationalities.html)

I travelled all at once, really outside of Canada they don't mind RTD's its pretty chill. Yeah, I got an Egyptian visa multiple for 1 year in Montreal when i was on a random visit, it took 9 days (needed bank statement, picture, flight ticket etc, similar to turkish). Once you enter i know other RTD's that extended it and stayed for up to 13 months inside egypt to be with family visiting too, there's nice tourist cities (Sharm el sheik) and villas and malls. There is nothing illegal about staying out for long, as long as RTD is valid to be able to fly back to canada even the day before!

Mexico i went with an expired us visa, but really they just asked me where i live and i said canada the RTD said canada, and i got a stamp on it saying i can stay for 6 months

Germany i got a weird officer who really didn't know what to put down as nationality cause of the RTD, asked me to show a return flight and hotel reservation (which you don't need)but which i had just out of being safe, asked his supervisor what to do; the lady told him and i was on my way.

only 2 conditions apply: 1. you don't go to your home country. 2. you don't become a permanent resident anywhere else (but you can like go to the US as a student for 4 years for college as a canadian refugee, or even work in the US on a H1B visa but you will just be delaying your citizenship)

the officer for CBSA checks your name in all the flight logs to make sure you never went on a flight to your country, i'm not sure how much coverage they have, like im pretty sure delta, air france etc they can see but i dont know about like african airlines for example. second they check your passport for stamps. I had a really dumb CBSA officer ask if i went to my country after i just came back from Miami for a 3 week trip, mind you my country has a no fly zone haha no planes can even go there, they are really young and suffer from like getting a high on having instilled authority, and then there's some that are cool and experienced.

Last edited:

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Yes Dec 2019, No AOR at all, i think sadly AOR wont come till maybe april 2021 at best, the processing is 24 months now it says but i don't know, i'm saying April because im hopeful but to be realistic maybe October 2021 for AOR and then a year to process it, unless some news channel or someone reports it to the minister of immigration the IRCC we will be at the bottom of the pit.

I really like how the persian community played it and told about IRCC to the news and reps and got a motion in Ottawa to set IRCC straight for long processing times maybe some refugee community or legal service can do the same for us

(https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2018/06/10/iranians-facing-higher-delays-for-permanent-residency-than-other-nationalities.html)

I travelled all at once, really outside of Canada they don't mind RTD's its pretty chill. Yeah, I got an Egyptian visa multiple for 1 year in Montreal when i was on a random visit, it took 9 days (needed bank statement, picture, flight ticket etc, similar to turkish). Once you enter i know other RTD's that extended it and stayed for up to 13 months inside egypt to be with family visiting too, there's nice tourist cities (Sharm el sheik) and villas and malls. There is nothing illegal about staying out for long, as long as RTD is valid to be able to fly back to canada even the day before!

Mexico i went with an expired us visa, but really they just asked me where i live and i said canada the RTD said canada, and i got a stamp on it saying i can stay for 6 months

Germany i got a weird officer who really didn't know what to put down as nationality cause of the RTD, asked me to show a return flight and hotel reservation (which you don't need)but which i had just out of being safe, asked his supervisor what to do; the lady told him and i was on my way.

only 2 conditions apply: 1. you don't go to your home country. 2. you don't become a permanent resident anywhere else (but you can like go to the US as a student for 4 years for college as a canadian refugee, or even work in the US on a H1B visa but you will just be delaying your citizenship)

the officer for CBSA checks your name in all the flight logs to make sure you never went on a flight to your country, i'm not sure how much coverage they have, like im pretty sure delta, air france etc they can see but i dont know about like african airlines for example. second they check your passport for stamps. I had a really dumb CBSA officer ask if i went to my country after i just came back from Miami for a 3 week trip, mind you my country has a no fly zone haha no planes can even go there, they are really young and suffer from like getting a high on having instilled authority, and then there's some that are cool and experienced.
Very detailed and informative experience i always had you since we were applying for a US visa to brainstorming about the AOR. I would like to put few attentions which i think you dont know or may be you havent noticed. but i felt from your communication.

1. is that i applied same in December 2019 and i was able to link my application so same i think you would be able to do.
2. you said that just 3 years after you get PR for citizenship which is actually 2 years. As we can be counted upto maximum 1 year before PR. 2 days as 1 if you spents like more then 2 years or 4 years they count your 1 year. So basically after PR we will wait 2 years to get citizenship.

3. Can you please ellaborate a bit about getting egypt visa. like the process , fees and requirements. if you could mention please.

4. Going to mexico without a PR according to there website is not allowed. So you were allowed from flight out from toronto without no issue. and they stamp 6 months in mexico border.

5. the no flyzone to your countries and CBSA officer asking you if you have travelled to your country is a routine question they ask everyone with RTD. They asked me when i was on the way back from Frankfurt Germany.

NOw i am planning Germany and turkey but have seen somewhere Germany dont allow from Canada. do you have any knowledge.

you were issued a 10 years US visa on RTD or 1 year as you said it is expired so probably was 1 year then. mine is 10 years.

I havent travelled to US due to covid and my RTD will expire in December 2021. So what is rule for travel to US. your RTD needs to be valid for 6 months. or it doesnt matter.

Reactions: Biochemist

Allawi1984

Nov 12, 2020
its cause when people leave for long time they think they went to visit their home country. I left for 5 months no issue.
I heard from most of the people the officers asking them specially about trip expenses and from where did u get the money for long trip time

Allawi1984

Nov 12, 2020

My family already live in Turkey and unfortunatley I got 1 month durration from turkish embessy. And I need extend the time for 2 months.

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
My family already live in Turkey and unfortunatley I got 1 month durration from turkish embessy. And I need extend the time for 2 months.
So r u planning to travel. Any covid restrictions these days going to turkey

NewinKit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
I too applied and should hopefully receive my visa soon.. I know numbers are going up in Turkey but they still don't have 14 day quarantine rule so not sure if to travel or not

Biochemist

Star Member
May 21, 2019
So r u planning to travel. Any covid restrictions these days going to turkey
you got 3 months right for turkey? that's strange they gave 1 month to the aforementioned. Was there a long wait on appointments?

Also the application number you used since we both applied in dec 2019, i got mine from the ATIP request, does yours start with XG? i will try again but a few months ago i could not link it

no currently germany accepts from canada , look at this link used by the german federal government to determine who can come and needs to quarantine https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Risikogebiete_neu.html

canada is not considered a high risk area so we can travel there and not even have to quarantine

for egypt please follow the following for the visa

https://egyptianconsulate.ca/visas.html

you have to mail in if you are in ontario they only do in montreal

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
you got 3 months right for turkey? that's strange they gave 1 month to the aforementioned. Was there a long wait on appointments?

Also the application number you used since we both applied in dec 2019, i got mine from the ATIP request, does yours start with XG? i will try again but a few months ago i could not link it

no currently germany accepts from canada , look at this link used by the german federal government to determine who can come and needs to quarantine https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Risikogebiete_neu.html

canada is not considered a high risk area so we can travel there and not even have to quarantine

for egypt please follow the following for the visa

https://egyptianconsulate.ca/visas.html

you have to mail in if you are in ontario they only do in montreal
NO just 26 Days. and validity is for three months. like i can use 26 days in 3 Months. how about Cairo is it good to be there for 2 weeks with family is it safe. i watched some videos where people were not feeling comfortable there being tourist.

NewinKit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
For those who applied recently for Turkish visa, how long was the processing time? Like until you received it?

I need to travel urgently and was wondering how long would it take as I applied last week.

Sherbrook

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
For those who applied recently for Turkish visa, how long was the processing time? Like until you received it?

I need to travel urgently and was wondering how long would it take as I applied last week.
I took it from Montréal, it took only one week

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021

1 week

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Anyone travelled or plans to travel to turkey during COVID.