+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV with PGWP outside of Canada. Please Help, stuck in a limbo!

alk0494

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
winnipeg
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-02-2018
Med's Request
28-05-2018
Med's Done....
15-06-2018
I am in same situation but I applied online inside Canada and left country after 4 days

alk0494

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
winnipeg
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-02-2018
Med's Request
28-05-2018
Med's Done....
15-06-2018
Do I need to worry. I have one year open work permit and expired trv. Waiting for my descion. I hope that it's don't stuck at background check. Thanks. Hope for best

Radhika05

Apr 19, 2018
Hi..I am in Canada ..I got a year extended for studies...got my study permit extension...now I need to apply for temporary residence visa...do I need to show funds in my acct now...again.. please help anyone with answer

Jennydao

Apr 27, 2020
Since nobody bothered to reply to my post (Thanks for nothing Y'all heartless people) . I will post an update -

First thing first - Having a valid permit is not enough to re-enter Canada. You need to have a valid visa (The sticker that visa-office puts on one your passport's pages). You will not be allowed to board the flight, if you do not have a valid visa.

Now, if you are stuck in your own home country because you did not know that and made a mistake of returning to your home country after completing your graduation studies and after applying for PGWP (from Canada) -

If your PGWP has already been approved and delivered to your canadian address Then -
1. Get a scanned copy of the approved PGWP.
2. Apply for temporary resident visa (TRV - IMM 5257E) - In the application fill the dates of your expected stay till the expiry of your PGWP.
3. If you have been in your home-country for more than six months (and are not from medical-exempt country) then you will need a medical
4. Proof of funds - I had a job offer, so I used the copy of Job offer. You can use bank-statements (Try to get them stamped).
5. I provided the lease document of the apartment that I rent (although, I think that was not necessary).
6. Provided the Tax returns for the Job that I had in Canada (Before I went to Canada) - To prove that I can return to India and still make a living -
my intent was to prove ties with my home-country.
7. Passport copy - All the marked pages.
8. Copy of valid PGWP.
9. Copy of study-permits

I got the visa approved in 3 weeks. The visa says - Worker category and is valid till my PGWP validity.
I have some questions. Can I get your whatsapp number?

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Hi..I am in Canada ..I got a year extended for studies...got my study permit extension...now I need to apply for temporary residence visa...do I need to show funds in my acct now...again.. please help anyone with answer
I don't think you will need to do any of these. If you travel out and into Canada, you will need the TRV or eTA. A temporary resident visa (TRV) is required by citizens of certain countries in order to enter Canada. It does not have to remain valid after you enter Canada so long as you have the other authorization (study permit); however, you will need a valid TRV to re-enter Canada if you visit another country during your studies.

Nov 6, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I recently graduated and applied for a valid PGWP before coming home to India. At the time of leaving Canada, I held a valid study permit (valid till 30 November 2016)..What I did not know was that I would need a valid visa for returning, the study permit wouldn't let me enter Canada(I am incredibly stupid). My study-visa had expired in March 2016.
My PGWP was approved while I was in India (and delivered to the Canadian address that I had provided on my application). I have been here in India for 1.5 months.
I applied for a TRV at VFS New Delhi on 19th October with the copy of PGWP (also provided copy of job offer letter, a support letter from my employer stating that the job offer still holds valid, despite the delay in my arrival, bank documents, study permit, passport and all the marked pages - I have travelled to Canada 2 times before). I am now waiting to get a response from Visa office. I have following questions -
1. When (and if) my TRV gets approved, would it say that it is a work visa ?
2. While travelling back to Canada, Should I also carry the valid PGWP with me (As that is the document which I used to apply for the TRV)? If so, then I will ask my roommate to courier the document to me.
3.The current visa processing time says 35 days for applicants outside of India - is there any hope for me to hear from them earlier than that ? My employer is getting impatient with the delay.
4.Should I get a medical check-up done in advance- just in case , if they ask for it before approving the visa ?

Any help or advice is welcome and greatly appreciated, I am under a lot of stress!! I brought it upon myself but still Haha..Anyway Thanks for reading.

P.s. Sorry for posting it in two forums, I also posted it in visitor forum but I did not get any response there, may be it belongs to foreign worker section ad I hold a PGWP.
Thanks a lot buddy. I'm an Indian stuck in China, with a similar situation. I have my PGWP with me. Can you let me know while applying for the TRV, did you provide an invitation letter?

lazycrazyboon

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
Thanks a lot buddy. I'm an Indian stuck in China, with a similar situation. I have my PGWP with me. Can you let me know while applying for the TRV, did you provide an invitation letter?
I don't think you need the "invitation letter". Your PGWP should be enough to grant you the visa. Please check if they are currently processing work visa applications in the light of travel bans etc. due to covid.

MEETU009

Jan 28, 2021
Hello, I have question. I applied for my PGWP last year on September 2023. I left the country after I applied PGWP and I got approved on Feb 2024 While I was in India. Then I applied for TRV and got approved within 2 weeks. I already submitted my passport for stamping but the hard copy of PGWP was sent to my Canadian Adress. My question is Do i need a hard copy to re enter in Canada or just valid visa, copy of pgwp and approval letter will do?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello, I have question. I applied for my PGWP last year on September 2023. I left the country after I applied PGWP and I got approved on Feb 2024 While I was in India. Then I applied for TRV and got approved within 2 weeks. I already submitted my passport for stamping but the hard copy of PGWP was sent to my Canadian Adress. My question is Do i need a hard copy to re enter in Canada or just valid visa, copy of pgwp and approval letter will do?
You can show approved visa , copy of work permit. It all depends on airline to let you board or not . I think showing valid visa and colour copy of work permit will work.

MEETU009

Jan 28, 2021
Thank you for the reply. What about Canadian Immigration at Pearson airport? Are they required hard copy or just visa will do?

Aman Dhother

Apr 1, 2024
I have a question I applied for trv on dec 2023 as I had to travel in February.I got biometric request on jan 6th and I already submitted on Jan 10th since then there’s no update. I have work permit until dec 31st 2024. Now am stuck in India I had to return on February 24th. I have contacted ircc several times but no luck. I also got my permanent residency portal confirmation on march 12th but I can’t enter Canada as i need trv.
Please advise if there is any way.
Thanks!

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thank you for the reply. What about Canadian Immigration at Pearson airport? Are they required hard copy or just visa will do?
If you reached Canada, you can show copy of work permit and it depends on CBSA officer . You can explain your situation and they will let you in ( not guaranteed) .

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I have a question I applied for trv on dec 2023 as I had to travel in February.I got biometric request on jan 6th and I already submitted on Jan 10th since then there’s no update. I have work permit until dec 31st 2024. Now am stuck in India I had to return on February 24th. I have contacted ircc several times but no luck. I also got my permanent residency portal confirmation on march 12th but I can’t enter Canada as i need trv.
Please advise if there is any way.
Thanks!
You can reply to that portal email and let them know you don’t have valid visa to enter Canada and want to change your address and they will ask you to send passport to local embassy in Delhi for PR visa stamping. Send webform and reply to portal 1 email with your situation and ask them if you can proceed as a Outland applicant.

Aman Dhother

Apr 1, 2024
You can reply to that portal email and let them know you don’t have valid visa to enter Canada and want to change your address and they will ask you to send passport to local embassy in Delhi for PR visa stamping. Send webform and reply to portal 1 email with your situation and ask them if you can proceed as a Outland applicant.
Hi there
I have already replied to the portal email but haven’t got any response from them either
Not sure what taking them so long

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi there
I have already replied to the portal email but haven’t got any response from them either
Not sure what taking them so long
Reply again. Also you can send webform to change address to outside Canada. If your TRV is approved you can travel Canada and then change address too again. Not sure how long TRV takes from india now .