+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV with PGWP outside of Canada. Please Help, stuck in a limbo!

Eva Li

May 26, 2018
New York, NY
Category........
Since nobody bothered to reply to my post (Thanks for nothing Y'all heartless people) . I will post an update -

First thing first - Having a valid permit is not enough to re-enter Canada. You need to have a valid visa (The sticker that visa-office puts on one your passport's pages). You will not be allowed to board the flight, if you do not have a valid visa.

Now, if you are stuck in your own home country because you did not know that and made a mistake of returning to your home country after completing your graduation studies and after applying for PGWP (from Canada) -

If your PGWP has already been approved and delivered to your canadian address Then -
1. Get a scanned copy of the approved PGWP.
2. Apply for temporary resident visa (TRV - IMM 5257E) - In the application fill the dates of your expected stay till the expiry of your PGWP.
3. If you have been in your home-country for more than six months (and are not from medical-exempt country) then you will need a medical
4. Proof of funds - I had a job offer, so I used the copy of Job offer. You can use bank-statements (Try to get them stamped).
5. I provided the lease document of the apartment that I rent (although, I think that was not necessary).
6. Provided the Tax returns for the Job that I had in Canada (Before I went to Canada) - To prove that I can return to India and still make a living -
my intent was to prove ties with my home-country.
7. Passport copy - All the marked pages.
8. Copy of valid PGWP.
9. Copy of study-permits

I got the visa approved in 3 weeks. The visa says - Worker category and is valid till my PGWP validity.
I'm very sorry that no one answered you, but thanks for writing how to do everything correctly.

Samran04

May 10, 2018
Hi
Can you please tell me if you attach a explanation letter with your file then what you were wrote in your explanation letter ?
Yes the letter should explain what exactly? Shall we just state we intend to stay till the end of our work permit as we do not have a job offer so would bringing that up be a problem ? Letter was addressed to ?

Samran04

May 10, 2018
Hey Samaran04, AFAK, a job offer is not necessary to get the PGWP based TRV. You just need to prove that you have enough funds to support yourself in Canada.
I read your message in my inbox and yes, you should use your mother's bank account information to prove that you have enough funds (because you do not have a current valid job offer). In addition to that, You could also, print your Canadian bank account statement and attach that as a supporting document but you wouldn't have any means to get it verified (like getting it stamped by the bank -teller) but I was in the similar situation and I attached them anyway and gave an explanation in the appendix. It's not required but you can attach it, it's up to your judgment.
About the part-time job that you held before coming to Canada - Since you are no longer employed there, that can't be considered as a source of income.
I submitted my application at VFS Delhi office, they just gave my documents a cursory look, it wasn't very helpful.
I wouldn't rely on VFS guys to review my documents. It's a rather straightforward application so don't worry about it too much just get your documents in order, according to the checklist. feel free to post your questions here, I will try to answer them the best I can.
In the 5257 form where they ask funds available for stay in cad how much amount should I write ? The balance in my moms indian bank account converted into cad ? Also the letter addressing should include what ? Should I just mention I wish to stay till the end of my work permit and I was not aware that I would need to apply for a trv when i was in Canada and not bring up employment at al ?

gurinderjit kaur

Jan 10, 2018
Yes the letter should explain what exactly? Shall we just state we intend to stay till the end of our work permit as we do not have a job offer so would bringing that up be a problem ? Letter was addressed to ?
I am going to write that i wish to work till the .....2021 that my work permit allow me to do so

gurinderjit kaur

Jan 10, 2018
In the 5257 form where they ask funds available for stay in cad how much amount should I write ? The balance in my moms indian bank account converted into cad ? Also the letter addressing should include what ? Should I just mention I wish to stay till the end of my work permit and I was not aware that I would need to apply for a trv when i was in Canada and not bring up employment at al ?
The amount should be equal to the total amount that you have
That should be in either your canadian bank or in indian bank like total $3000
And moreover you can request for can+ processing

gurinderjit kaur

Jan 10, 2018
Hi @Samran04
I got my PPR

Wall_e

Dec 5, 2017
Hello everyone,

I need advice about a situation I am stuck in. I work in Manitoba on PGWP, valid till 2021. I have expired TRV. I applied TRV in Canada on June 7th but it went to the background check and today is the 48th day I have not heard from CIC. On July 10th I had to travel to back home on an urgent basis to attend a family illness. I heard from a friend that once my TRV is approved I can request cic to get the stamp from Dubai instead of Ottawa (Pakistan does not have Canadian consulate apparently). Does anyone have some info about it? I am not sure how long would it take and I wanna get back by August 15th.

Today a friend of mine suggested me to visit the US ( i have valid TRV and have visited the US twice before via border) and from there I can just cross the border with the Work permit only. How do you guys feel about it? Is that a good option. One of my trip to the US was just on Canadian study permit without TRV and I had absolutely no problem re-entering Canada but I am not sure going from Pakistan to the US and then crossing the border on a work permit will create any trouble or not. Please share your views on this, your advice will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

I need advice about a situation I am stuck in. I work in Manitoba on PGWP, valid till 2021. I have expired TRV. I applied TRV in Canada on June 7th but it went to the background check and today is the 48th day I have not heard from CIC. On July 10th I had to travel to back home on an urgent basis to attend a family illness. I heard from a friend that once my TRV is approved I can request cic to get the stamp from Dubai instead of Ottawa (Pakistan does not have Canadian consulate apparently). Does anyone have some info about it? I am not sure how long would it take and I wanna get back by August 15th.

Today a friend of mine suggested me to visit the US ( i have valid TRV and have visited the US twice before via border) and from there I can just cross the border with the Work permit only. How do you guys feel about it? Is that a good option. One of my trip to the US was just on Canadian study permit without TRV and I had absolutely no problem re-entering Canada but I am not sure going from Pakistan to the US and then crossing the border on a work permit will create any trouble or not. Please share your views on this, your advice will be highly appreciated. Thank you.
Not sure why you keep posting the same question over and over again. You've already been told you cannot re-enter Canada from the US since you will have traveled outside of the US to Pakistan. The only question remaining is how to get your TRV stamped from Dubai.

gurinderjit kaur

Jan 10, 2018
Not sure why you keep posting the same question over and over again. You've already been told you cannot re-enter Canada from the US since you will have traveled outside of the US to Pakistan. The only question remaining is how to get your TRV stamped from Dubai.
Right
We cannot re-enter canada from usa only with work permit, If we traveled to any third country
We only re enter to canada with study or work permit if our visit only to a usa

Reactions: scylla

Sven11

Jul 16, 2018
Hey guys, my pgwp just got approved by I haven't received it by mail but I will be traveling next week and my trv is expired, what can I do to reenter, can someone mail the hard copy of the trv while I'm in india?

Sven11

Jul 16, 2018
Hey guys, my pgwp just got approved by I haven't received it by mail but I will be traveling next week and my trv is expired, what can I do to reenter, can someone mail the hard copy of the trv while I'm in india?
And can I also apply for trv with the approval letter which I received by email or would I need the actual pgwp?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
There is no "hard copy" of a TRV that can be mailed to you. A TRV app is completely separate from a PGWP app. You need to apply for a TRV and send your passport in for stamping. You have no chance of getting a new TRV by next week.

Sven11

Jul 16, 2018
There is no "hard copy" of a TRV that can be mailed to you. A TRV app is completely separate from a PGWP app. You need to apply for a TRV and send your passport in for stamping. You have no chance of getting a new TRV by next week.
My school counselor actually told me that there is a paper document you received and you have to send that with your passport

Reactions: gurinderjit kaur