+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV with PGWP outside of Canada. Please Help, stuck in a limbo!

shah22393

Nov 6, 2017
Hii
I am in same kind of situation!! I have my pgwp and I came to India without knowing I need a trv to re enter. I applied for TRV as soon as I came India on 26 October from VFS Chandigarh and tomorrow on 20 nov is my flight to go back. I didnt recieve anything yet ! Also my work starts next week ! I feel helpless and stuck:((
I attached a letter from my employee and my pgwp I dont know why it is taking so long! My employee is getting impatient knowing that My passport is not coming back. Please help if there is anything I cAn do now :(
You cannot do anything except wait. You'd have to wait patiently as it takes around 1 month for TRV. I hope everything gets sorted soon but yes, if your visas are expired when you are inside canada and if you come back to your home country, you should plan accordingly. They won't let you board the flight without visas.

Goodluck !

Sep 19, 2016
Hi there, I have one question regarding TRV.

I just got an approval of my work permit and I'm planning for a trip outside canada after two weeks. So can I apply for TRV using the approval letter of my PGWP ?

Kim1

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Hi there, I have one question regarding TRV.

I just got an approval of my work permit and I'm planning for a trip outside canada after two weeks. So can I apply for TRV using the approval letter of my PGWP ?
Yes you can you need valid pgwp and a job letter from your employee or financial document from bank to apply for TRV

Kim1

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Yes you can you need valid pgwp and a job letter from your employee or financial document from bank to apply for TRV
You need a copy of scanned pgwp you are not required to send real pgwp document

Sep 19, 2016
You need a copy of scanned pgwp you are not required to send real pgwp document
Thanks for the reply. I’m sorry I wasn’t clear, actually I didn’t received my work permit in the mail box because of ongoing canada post strike.

My main concern was that can I use the PDF file which shows in the cic account which shows that my application is approved. Can I use this file to apply for my TRV ?

Kim1

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Thank you for the help I appreciate it. Have a nice day.
Are you applying in canada or planning to apply outside canada : in case you are planning to apply in India the processing is really long if you have planned trip plz dont get stuck like I am stuck right now !!! still i am waiting here for my visa my work starts tomorrow.. Now I have to take extra days off which is frustrating for my employer !! Hope you dont get in this kind of trouble like me please think again before applying outside canada for trv
In canada my friend applied online she got it in 7 working days only!

Sep 19, 2016
Are you applying in canada or planning to apply outside canada : in case you are planning to apply in India the processing is really long if you have planned trip plz dont get stuck like I am stuck right now !!! still i am waiting here for my visa my work starts tomorrow.. Now I have to take extra days off which is frustrating for my employer !! Hope you dont get in this kind of trouble like me please think again before applying outside canada for trv
I will be applying in canada so since I have 2 weeks of time before I leave to India.

And can I go at visa office in person to get the TRV ?

Kim1

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
I will be applying in canada so since I have 2 weeks of time before I leave to India.

And can I go at visa office in person to get the TRV ?
You can also apply in person but processing time for paper application is little more than online Since you are going in two weeks just be careful about processing times !

Sep 19, 2016
You can also apply in person but processing time for paper application is little more than online Since you are going in two weeks just be careful about processing times !
Yeah I’ll make sure it or else can I flagpole for trv is it possible to do that ?

Sep 19, 2016
So when did you applied for TRV in India how long it is now ?