+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV with PGWP outside of Canada. Please Help, stuck in a limbo!

gurinderjit kaur

Jan 10, 2018
If you already booked your ticket to fly and your pgwp is approved
Then yes you can go to india, tell anyone to post your pgwp to you because you need that when will u coming back to canada. To apply for trv in india you need- pgwp, passport, some financial documents, employment (if u have not necessary) and cover letter explaining the situation why u come to india without renewing the trv (if u can write)

In my opinion if u not yet book the ticket to fly india, just wait for your pgwp to come. No doubt its easy to apply in india, but u gonna get little stressed when u gonna apply in india.
This was happened to me as well.
I just came back last month after 3 months.

Sven11

Jul 16, 2018
Yea I got approved for my pgwp and i haven't received the paper copy but can I apply for my trv while I'm in India and come back with an approval for my trv rather than the stamp?

Reactions: gurinderjit kaur

gurinderjit kaur

Jan 10, 2018
Yea I got approved for my pgwp and i haven't received the paper copy but can I apply for my trv while I'm in India and come back with an approval for my trv rather than the stamp?
I came last month with approved trv from india. I applied in india and got approval.
Do you already booked a ticket?
And is it really important to go india now?

Atul9150

Sep 22, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I recently graduated and applied for a valid PGWP before coming home to India. At the time of leaving Canada, I held a valid study permit (valid till 30 November 2016)..What I did not know was that I would need a valid visa for returning, the study permit wouldn't let me enter Canada(I am incredibly stupid). My study-visa had expired in March 2016.
My PGWP was approved while I was in India (and delivered to the Canadian address that I had provided on my application). I have been here in India for 1.5 months.
I applied for a TRV at VFS New Delhi on 19th October with the copy of PGWP (also provided copy of job offer letter, a support letter from my employer stating that the job offer still holds valid, despite the delay in my arrival, bank documents, study permit, passport and all the marked pages - I have travelled to Canada 2 times before). I am now waiting to get a response from Visa office. I have following questions -
1. When (and if) my TRV gets approved, would it say that it is a work visa ?
2. While travelling back to Canada, Should I also carry the valid PGWP with me (As that is the document which I used to apply for the TRV)? If so, then I will ask my roommate to courier the document to me.
3.The current visa processing time says 35 days for applicants outside of India - is there any hope for me to hear from them earlier than that ? My employer is getting impatient with the delay.
4.Should I get a medical check-up done in advance- just in case , if they ask for it before approving the visa ?

Any help or advice is welcome and greatly appreciated, I am under a lot of stress!! I brought it upon myself but still Haha..Anyway Thanks for reading.

P.s. Sorry for posting it in two forums, I also posted it in visitor forum but I did not get any response there, may be it belongs to foreign worker section ad I hold a PGWP.

Atul9150

Sep 22, 2018
Since nobody bothered to reply to my post (Thanks for nothing Y'all heartless people) . I will post an update -

First thing first - Having a valid permit is not enough to re-enter Canada. You need to have a valid visa (The sticker that visa-office puts on one your passport's pages). You will not be allowed to board the flight, if you do not have a valid visa.

Now, if you are stuck in your own home country because you did not know that and made a mistake of returning to your home country after completing your graduation studies and after applying for PGWP (from Canada) -

If your PGWP has already been approved and delivered to your canadian address Then -
1. Get a scanned copy of the approved PGWP.
2. Apply for temporary resident visa (TRV - IMM 5257E) - In the application fill the dates of your expected stay till the expiry of your PGWP.
3. If you have been in your home-country for more than six months (and are not from medical-exempt country) then you will need a medical
4. Proof of funds - I had a job offer, so I used the copy of Job offer. You can use bank-statements (Try to get them stamped).
5. I provided the lease document of the apartment that I rent (although, I think that was not necessary).
6. Provided the Tax returns for the Job that I had in Canada (Before I went to Canada) - To prove that I can return to India and still make a living -
my intent was to prove ties with my home-country.
7. Passport copy - All the marked pages.
8. Copy of valid PGWP.
9. Copy of study-permits

I got the visa approved in 3 weeks. The visa says - Worker category and is valid till my PGWP validity.
Hi i am in same board i am just wondering if i have job letter do i need funds in canada or just job letter will be fine

Aug 6, 2018
Category........
QSW
I am in same situation. Applied online on 23rd September for Visitor Visa however i hold PGWP till 2020.
I selected Canada Embassy Islamabad suring Online Application at CIC portal.
I was in Bangkok for one week trip and got struck. LoL
I already sent an email to the member of Parliament in Montreal to do something about this problem.
I guess you guys should also do that so they can understand its a FUCKING genuine issue and people are losing their Fucking Business Class Flights! Yes i agree thats a mistake at our ends but when the same mistake is done by 100s or even 10s of other people its their responsiblity to get the process streamlined.
U had US visa as well but i came to Pakistan since i own a small firm here and its just more relaxing in your home country but in return the time to get visa is 3 times more 31 days instead of 11 DAYS in Bangkok or USA.
WHATSAPP: +15149415145
However whatsapp wont help unless you guys found a Parlimentarian who can help us fix this mess!
It is not difficult to send a paper letter stating that you have to apply for trv before leaving canada but they dont and they take it like we are experts in Immigration.
Anyways I am at 100k + in annual income from Montreal and I am struck and the damage is irreparable but lets hope my clients can bear with me with patience.
Here is the email of the person I contacted:
David.Lametti@parl.gc.ca
House of commons (Liberal Party) lives in Montreal

Regards and Best of Luck
Junaid

Kim1

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Since nobody bothered to reply to my post (Thanks for nothing Y'all heartless people) . I will post an update -

First thing first - Having a valid permit is not enough to re-enter Canada. You need to have a valid visa (The sticker that visa-office puts on one your passport's pages). You will not be allowed to board the flight, if you do not have a valid visa.

Now, if you are stuck in your own home country because you did not know that and made a mistake of returning to your home country after completing your graduation studies and after applying for PGWP (from Canada) -

If your PGWP has already been approved and delivered to your canadian address Then -
2. Apply for temporary resident visa (TRV - IMM 5257E) - In the application fill the dates of your expected stay till the expiry of your PGWP.
3. If you have been in your home-country for more than six months (and are not from medical-exempt country) then you will need a medical
4. Proof of funds - I had a job offer, so I used the copy of Job offer. You can use bank-statements (Try to get them stamped).
5. I provided the lease document of the apartment that I rent (although, I think that was not necessary).
6. Provided the Tax returns for the Job that I had in Canada (Before I went to Canada) - To prove that I can return to India and still make a living -
8. Copy of valid PGWP.
9. Copy of study-permits

I got the visa approved in 3 weeks. The visa says - Worker category and is valid till my PGWP validity.

Kim1

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Hii
I am in same kind of situation!! I have my pgwp and I came to India without knowing I need a trv to re enter. I applied for TRV as soon as I came India on 26 October from VFS Chandigarh and tomorrow on 20 nov is my flight to go back. I didnt recieve anything yet ! Also my work starts next week ! I feel helpless and stuck:((
I attached a letter from my employee and my pgwp I dont know why it is taking so long! My employee is getting impatient knowing that My passport is not coming back. Please help if there is anything I cAn do now :(

Kim1

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018

8. Copy of valid PGWP.
9. Copy of study-permits

Please help I have similar kind of situation
But I have my valid pgwp with me I applied for TRV to reenter to canada on 26 October From VFS chandigarh . My work people are getting impatient for my return as tomorrow is my flight to go back! No reply from high comission delhi it shows my case is in processing! I have applied all the forms necessary : my employer letter, valid work permit expires after 7 month from now and passport with application package! Please help