+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV processing in NY Canada Consulate - Recent

mir637

Apr 17, 2013
we can do both ways but applying online is an easy task and they will process it faster compared to sending all the form by mail.

But I do not see any difference now. Its all happening bcoz they closed consulate in Detroit and new york has lot of applications to process.

they should atleast respind to our e-mails. They cant keep our passports for long time. What if somebody has to go to home country in emergency.

killerpink

Apr 16, 2013
Finally got an email reply from the consulate today saying "application is currently being finalized and all your documents will be returned to you shortly." However, from what I've read from other people this email doesn't mean much, since it could take another week before they actually mail the documents back. Grrrr.

43 days and waiting...

Dbs

Apr 6, 2013
killerpink said:
Finally got an email reply from the consulate today saying "application is currently being finalized and all your documents will be returned to you shortly." However, from what I've read from other people this email doesn't mean much, since it could take another week before they actually mail the documents back. Grrrr.

43 days and waiting...
It's weird because you received approval within 21-22 days and asked to send passport and it's taking almost the same time for them now to return the stamped passport. For me, it's now 28 days since I submitted online application and still waiting for their decision.

msreeeni

Apr 15, 2013
40days since I submitted by application in NY office. Submitted on 3/12/13 and still waiting.
Even today I went to cosulate, still my passport is with them.

Today I went and requested them to send my passports back using priority mail. Earlier I gave them usps flat rate ground shipping one.

With the priority at least I can track my passport. Not sure when they will deliver my passports. :(

Also today Itried to check my money order status on USPS. I have the automated message which states 'waiting eligible for refund'. any idea what does this mean?

MIRes

Apr 22, 2013
Hi,
Guys...Any help is greatly appreciated.
I have EAD/AP document (i.e., my green card application at US CIS is pending adjudication). I wanted to visit Canada along with my family and hence applied for multiple entry TRV for family by sending all applications (me, my wife and my son) to NY consulate on 23rd March.
Received applications along with passports --> 25th march
Till date no status update. After seeing this blog, I emailed the consulate and got response in 3 minutes saying, "We will only respond to requests for application status if the processing period posted on our website has been exceeded"

Now my question is, can I get a visa based on my EAD/AP document? Did I do any mistake in the process?

Thanks in advance....

msreeeni

Apr 15, 2013
MIRes said:
Hi,
Guys...Any help is greatly appreciated.
I have EAD/AP document (i.e., my green card application at US CIS is pending adjudication). I wanted to visit Canada along with my family and hence applied for multiple entry TRV for family by sending all applications (me, my wife and my son) to NY consulate on 23rd March.
Received applications along with passports --> 25th march
Till date no status update. After seeing this blog, I emailed the consulate and got response in 3 minutes saying, "We will only respond to requests for application status if the processing period posted on our website has been exceeded"

Now my question is, can I get a visa based on my EAD/AP document? Did I do any mistake in the process?

Thanks in advance....
'Late processing' with NY consulat is nothing to do with US status. They are just taking time.
They are saying min 40 days for processing.
When I said I have already reached 40 days, the lady and the counter 'might be 45 days'

phantira29

Apr 22, 2013
Hello. I hold a J-1 visa. I forgot to upload my DS 2019 to my TRV online application because I thought I had to submit all paper document by mail after online application. I submitted my online package today (Apr 22). The online process was so confusing to me. I tried to call NY consulate but they wouldn't answer my call in person.

Will they request my DS 2019 to be uploaded?

Will it delay my processing time?

I just heard from users that they take more than 40 days to get things done.

Or my chance is zero and they will reject my visa and I have to apply again?

Please help. I'm so worried. I need to get my passport back before I apply my visa to Germany in June.

phantira29

Apr 22, 2013
Hi. I have one more question. I applied for TRV online for tourism but got a request for Eligibility Verification. Should I complete the request? I had no idea what to put in because it was not the type of visa I wanted. Thank you in advance. :eek:

killerpink

Apr 16, 2013
phantira29 said:
Hello. I hold a J-1 visa. I forgot to upload my DS 2019 to my TRV online application because I thought I had to submit all paper document by mail after online application. I submitted my online package today (Apr 22). The online process was so confusing to me. I tried to call NY consulate but they wouldn't answer my call in person.

Will they request my DS 2019 to be uploaded?

Will it delay my processing time?

I just heard from users that they take more than 40 days to get things done.

Or my chance is zero and they will reject my visa and I have to apply again?

Please help. I'm so worried. I need to get my passport back before I apply my visa to Germany in June.
You can probably go back and upload it now. After I uploaded my documents and submitted the application, I could still open the "view checklist" link and see a list of all the docs. Even though I submitted the application on March 9, the document list still said "Required by 29 March." I recommend going in and checking your date, and uploading a scan of your DS! Good luck :)

As for the "Eligibility Verification"... I don't know what that's about! Maybe you are from a country that doesn't require a Canadian visa?

phantira29

Apr 22, 2013
Thank you so much for replying. It said required by May 12, 2012. Does it mean that I have to click apply online again?I can't find the upload button.

I'm from Thailand which definitely require the visa.

Dbs

Apr 6, 2013
Finally received message from CIC that my visa is approved and I need to send passport for stamping. Sent it today itself. Hope to receive the stamped passport back soon.

MIRes

Apr 22, 2013
Dbs said:
Finally received message from CIC that my visa is approved and I need to send passport for stamping. Sent it today itself. Hope to receive the stamped passport back soon.
Which type of visa was it that you have applied online?
I applied by mail along with passport for TRV staying in USA, citizen of some other country. Is it what others are doing too?
Is it that online application takes less time than applying by mail.

killerpink

Apr 16, 2013
MIRes said:
Which type of visa was it that you have applied online?
I applied by mail along with passport for TRV staying in USA, citizen of some other country. Is it what others are doing too?
Is it that online application takes less time than applying by mail.
I don't think online is faster. That's what I was assuming when I did it, and I got a passport request within 22 days. I though that meant the visa was approved, but now I think that it only means your application is not "in queue" and ready to be processed. I see others on the forum who applied via mail or in person with the same timeline as me. I sent my passport for stamping exactly three weeks ago today and still waiting for my tracking number to activate.

Dbs

Apr 6, 2013
killerpink said:
I don't think online is faster. That's what I was assuming when I did it, and I got a passport request within 22 days. I though that meant the visa was approved, but now I think that it only means your application is not "in queue" and ready to be processed. I see others on the forum who applied via mail or in person with the same timeline as me. I sent my passport for stamping exactly three weeks ago today and still waiting for my tracking number to activate.
I agree, online in no means looks faster than paper submission.. It's a two phase process. Phase 1 can take any time between 3-4 weeks and so does phase 2. Only lucky few can have their phase 2 processed in few days.

BTW, which consulate did you send your passport?

killerpink

Apr 16, 2013
I sent it to the NY Consulate.

Has anyone received their passport since April 16? That was the last report I saw, and it was for the first week of March applications.