+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV processing in NY Canada Consulate - Recent

kate_c

May 2, 2013
same here, they received my application on 22nd March. I didn't receive my passport back.

dman91 said:
Anyone got their visa for mailed in/on-site TRV application submitted in 3rd week of March? My application was submitted on 20th March, and no update until now :(

rajat_bansal

Mar 28, 2013
hi all,
Here are my timelines-

I applied online for TRV on March 31, received below email on Apr 16-
"This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application."

I sent my passport which reached NYC Consulate on April 26.
Still waiting to get my passport back. I had sent a return express mail envelope with tracking number, but since that tracking number doesnt show anything right now, seems they havnt shipped my passport as yet.
Anybody has received passport in last few days (for online applications), and can tell how long it took to get it back after being received by NYC?

Thanks,
Rajat

a1b2c3

May 2, 2013
msreeeni ---

When did you receive your passport in NYC Consulate ?? on what day ? The reason I want to know is I submitted in person on 18 March ...hence want to calculate the approximate date on which I can expect mine.

Thanks in advance

a1b2c3

May 2, 2013
msreeeni said:
Forgot to post in this thread, since I was busy travelling

I received my visa @ NY Consulate. I submitted my visa in NY Consulate on March 12th, 13.
I went to withdraw, but they said they are processing this week until mar 15th and I might receive any time this week. Since I still went ahead to withdraw and they returned my passport with visa.
Sreeni - Can you please tell me on what date you collected your passport.... I have interview in canada on 10 may...and I applied on March 18 in person..... Going and submitting the urgent form can help anything ?? Please advice !

Harsha999

Apr 25, 2013
Hello all:

Here are my time lines...
Applied in person from NYC embassy on March 18th 2013
Tracking number activated today - May 6th 2013 evening 5:00 pm
Total days - 50 days
Guess this week they are processing applications between Mar 18 - Mar 24. I was almost getting ready to with draw my application.

All the best to everyone.....

Harsha

strandedhelix

May 7, 2013
Applied on April 7
Request for Passport on April 30
Passport received by the Consulate on May 2
Now, waiting anxiously.

May 7, 2013
I applied for Canada visitor visa on March, 21st. I have not received visa status as of now. They just gave me file number which I can not even use anywhere for the tracking purpose.

Please suggest is this normal or I should visit them in person.

strandedhelix

May 7, 2013
Did you receive any notification of sending them the passport? If not, then I don't see a point of visiting the consulate. You can send them an online query to find out the status of your application, to which they may or may not reply.

kate_c

May 2, 2013
hi Harsha, thanks for sharing!

I mailed in my application ard the same time as yours, on 22nd March. Hope my passport comes soon.

Harsha999 said:
Hello all:

Here are my time lines...
Applied in person from NYC embassy on March 18th 2013
Tracking number activated today - May 6th 2013 evening 5:00 pm
Total days - 50 days
Guess this week they are processing applications between Mar 18 - Mar 24. I was almost getting ready to with draw my application.

All the best to everyone.....

Harsha

dman91

Dec 30, 2012
Got this reply:

Thank you for your email. Please note your application has been finalized and all your documents will be returned to you shortly.

plutocupid

Apr 30, 2013
Hi you guys are getting relies
When i a m sending the e mail it is showing error
Could you tell me the contact e mail to NY
They received my passport on April 23 and no updates from them and my express mail return slip is still inactive
I need my passport for my US visa stuff urgently
I hate this insane embassy
I live in Missouri and wonders if I have sent to the right embassy

strandedhelix

May 7, 2013
I just received an email from them advising that currently they are processing passports received on April 24, 2013.

Good luck all, we can just wait patiently and hope that it is sent to us soon.

kate_c

May 2, 2013
hi dman91,

I am in the same situation as yours. Did you receive your passport? Hope you got yours. If so, please share. Thanks!

3/20 mailed to NYC
3/22 they received
5/10 received their reply via email finally, telling that my application is in queue processing, but they cannot confirm when my file will be ready for finalizing. At the end of their reply, they gave me my file number for my reference.

dman91 said:
Anyone got their visa for mailed in/on-site TRV application submitted in 3rd week of March? My application was submitted on 20th March, and no update until now :(

satitcud40

May 12, 2013
I applied in person on March 22. I wrote an email to them on May 2 and received this.

In regards to your application for a Temporary Resident Visa for Canada, please note that your application has been received and is in queue for processing.

Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization. Should you wish to travel urgently and recover your passport, you may send us an email request to withdraw your application (include WITHDRAW in the subject line).

I hope I will get it back soon.