+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV processing in NY Canada Consulate - Recent

sania_h

Apr 18, 2013
killerpink said:
I sent it to the NY Consulate.

Has anyone received their passport since April 16? That was the last report I saw, and it was for the first week of March applications.
I received mine on the 18th of April

phantira29

Apr 22, 2013
I sent an inquiry about my case(forgetting to submit DS 2019 to my online application) to NYC Consulate's email and they responded me the day after I sent it, which was unexpected.

In the message, they told me to email my inquiry directly to Consulate in Ottawa instead (even thought I live in NY). So I wonder whether the Consulate in Ottawa process part of TRV application from the USA. Any idea?

killerpink

Apr 16, 2013
phantira29 said:
I sent an inquiry about my case(forgetting to submit DS 2019 to my online application) to NYC Consulate's email and they responded me the day after I sent it, which was unexpected.

In the message, they told me to email my inquiry directly to Consulate in Ottawa instead (even thought I live in NY). So I wonder whether the Consulate in Ottawa process part of TRV application from the USA. Any idea?
I replied to this on the other thread, but in case you didn't see it: I just got my visa today and the stamp did say it was issued in Ottawa, even though I applied online and sent my passport to NYC. So it looks like Ottawa might be handling online applications!

sania_h

Apr 18, 2013
killerpink said:
Congrats! How long between the date the consulate received your passport and the date you got it back?
Thanks! NY consulate received my passport April 1st and sent it back April 17th

dman91

Dec 30, 2012
Anyone got their visa for mailed in/on-site TRV application submitted in 3rd week of March? My application was submitted on 20th March, and no update until now :(

msreeeni

Apr 15, 2013
Forgot to post in this thread, since I was busy travelling

I received my visa @ NY Consulate. I submitted my visa in NY Consulate on March 12th, 13.
I went to withdraw, but they said they are processing this week until mar 15th and I might receive any time this week. Since I still went ahead to withdraw and they returned my passport with visa.

Harsha999

Apr 25, 2013
Srini:

I have a question. Security guy seems to be rude and adamant at NYC. Did he allow you inside without an email confirmation or receipt ?

Thanks

H

MIRes

Apr 22, 2013
Yes. Security guy is too rude with me too. I applied on march 25th via mail and sent my passport too, still no update. As sreeni said, planning to wait for 1 more week.
One of my friends friend applied for multiple entry visa, but he was given visa for just 15 days. They took his fee for multiple entry, but visa was just for 15 days. He is re-applying and paying the fee again. These guys really sucks....I think this time, canada is gonna get the blow tourism wise...

kate_c

May 2, 2013
I mailed in my application to NYC on 20th March and they received it on 22th March.

anyone received his/her passport back with the mailed in application during mid-March? Thanks!

It takes 40 calendar days from the time they received my material. Worried...

msreeeni

Apr 15, 2013
Harsha999 said:
Srini:

I have a question. Security guy seems to be rude and adamant at NYC. Did he allow you inside without an email confirmation or receipt ?

Thanks

H
Yes I Agree. Just say that you want to withdraw, he will provide you the form and will allow you inside

msreeeni

Apr 15, 2013
kate_c said:
I mailed in my application to NYC on 20th April and they received it on 22th April.

anyone received his/her passport back with the mailed in application during mid-April? Thanks!

It takes 40 calendar days from the time they received my material. Worried...
Yes, earlier they used to say 20days when submitting the application, now 40days

kate_c

May 2, 2013
hi msreeeni, did you request them to issue the stamp for you? Or they did it for your automatically? thanks!

I sent my application by mail and they received the package on 22nd March.

msreeeni said:
Forgot to post in this thread, since I was busy travelling

I received my visa @ NY Consulate. I submitted my visa in NY Consulate on March 12th, 13.
I went to withdraw, but they said they are processing this week until mar 15th and I might receive any time this week. Since I still went ahead to withdraw and they returned my passport with visa.