+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for baby whose parents are PRs

Aaqil

Nov 13, 2020
Hi,
Sharing my experience for my baby's trv approval.
Both parents are PRs since 2018 but returned to home country, our baby was born in 2019. Applied for her TRV in February 2021. Received approval in November 2021. Now, we are in Canada as a big family (5),settling happily. The journey was emotionally challenging.
Stay positive and be very patient

Reactions: Kumar.22

lucky1324

Jan 24, 2017
hi, I got TRV for my baby. It was quite easy and there was no problem. I think the key to a successful TRV for a baby is no difference from others.

1. the purpose should be family visit and birthcertificate is madetary
2. the parent in Canada should write an invitation letter for the baby
3. the parents should provide all necessary evidence that they have financial support for the baby
4. additionally, an explain letter is optional. and in my case, I explained in the letter that I would start the family class sponsorship ASAP and promised that the baby would leave Canada before his visa expired. I don’t know whether it has influence though.

Hope this will help and wish you luck.

Jeff
Hello Jeff I’m also in same situation can you pls share the template

Ankit003

Dec 11, 2019
Good. Can you share the timeline of your kid application?
Is it thru gckey / new application?
Have you applied as single separate application for kid / along with parents as group application?
I've applied for newborn thru gckey and still waiting since Nov2021.
Applied GC Key Dec 2020
Single Application for kid
PPR in April Mid around.
Did you receive any update ? Did you raise webforms ?

Kumar.22

Jan 31, 2022
Applied GC Key Dec 2020
Single Application for kid
PPR in April Mid around.
Did you receive any update ? Did you raise webforms ?
No updates. Raised webform and response to that too.. Looks like there's a technical glitch in AI tool/IRCC processing where the kids TRV applications are not getting picked up for processing. Many parents are waiting for their kidsTRV approval for a long time.

Arsalanza

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
Hi,
Sharing my experience for my baby's trv approval.
Both parents are PRs since 2018 but returned to home country, our baby was born in 2019. Applied for her TRV in February 2021. Received approval in November 2021. Now, we are in Canada as a big family (5),settling happily. The journey was emotionally challenging.
Stay positive and be very patient
thank you so much for the motivation aaqil , if possible can you please tell me which country are you from , and were u under residency obligation , for example my pr expires in july 2024 , i am just applying my daughters trv , if i wont get her reply within 2 months , i will be falling a bit short for residency obligation of 2 years in 5 , i also went in 2019 and came back and have been stuck here since in pakistan

please help if u can

anki91

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
Hello All,
I applied for TRV for my child.. my husband and myself are PR.. currently he is in Canada and I am in India.
TRV got refused and the reason was mentioned that family ties in Canada and no reason to travel back.

We mentioned in the application that we would initiate the PR process once we reach Canada.

Any help? What should be done next?