+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for baby whose parents are PRs

Knls333

Dec 27, 2018
Hi again. Any luck with the visa yet? No news at my end...
Hi, Sorry your message got missed somehow. We did not get the visa. We are still waiting.
1st Application - 11th Feb 2021
2nd Application - 24th Sep 2021
Both applications using GCKey.
2 webforms submitted but no reply.
No updates (not even eligibility review) on either of the applications. Very frustrating!!

What’s your status?

fdido

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Yes we got the visa on Aug 18th I think and we received the stamped passport by Aug 31st. We are currently in Canada.
I am happy to help with details - feel free to contact me.
Many congrats! Unfortunately, I still haven’t received the PPR. Could you please share your timeline. Were both parents outside Canada when you applied and got the visa? Thanks

fdido

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Hi, Sorry your message got missed somehow. We did not get the visa. We are still waiting.
1st Application - 11th Feb 2021
2nd Application - 24th Sep 2021
Both applications using GCKey.
2 webforms submitted but no reply.
No updates (not even eligibility review) on either of the applications. Very frustrating!!

What’s your status?
Same here. No updates on either applications. Don’t know what to do….

Cityzen

Oct 31, 2021
Hi,
Are you and your husband both PR? If yes, I don’t think you need an invitation as technically you are residents of Canada but live outside country. All you need is a Canadian address that your family will be staying and you or your husband should make the invitation for the baby. So to your second question, the relationship proof should be you or your husband with the baby depending on who made the invitation, and a birth certificate is enough. I will pm the template but you do need to stress in the letter your current situation and what you will do. Hope this helps
Hi Astrodude/et al,
I am in a similar situation where my wife and I are PRs (2019 Nov) and couldn't migrate from India due to the pandemic (we did our soft landing in 2019 though). We now have twins and I wanted to apply for TRVs for the kids. If you could share the LOE template with me as well I would be grateful.

Additionally, if you could also advise if showing a good amount of savings (in India though) upto 200k CAD would help our case to show that we can sustain ourselves once we reach Canada. This is because I currently don't have a job offer yet in Canada. I can also produce a letter of invitation from my wife's elder sister with whom we will reside. I will also mention that we will start the sponsorship process once we all arrive in Canada.

Issue is to stay within our RO both my wife and I need to travel as leaving her behind with the children may put our RO in jepoardy.

Appreciate the LOE template and any insights you can share.

Thanks.

Knls333

Dec 27, 2018
Same here. No updates on either applications. Don’t know what to do….
Hi, any update? You had mentioned in an earlier post on another thread that the eligibility review was reverted to old status. What is the status of the application now? Did you receive any email regarding the eligibility review?

fdido

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Hi, any update? You had mentioned in an earlier post on another thread that the eligibility review was reverted to old status. What is the status of the application now? Did you receive any email regarding the eligibility review?
Hi - nothing unfortunately. No change at all… any luck at your end?

anisam0104

Mar 30, 2021
Many congrats! Unfortunately, I still haven’t received the PPR. Could you please share your timeline. Were both parents outside Canada when you applied and got the visa? Thanks
I think I have shared the detailed timeline on an earlier thread. If you scroll back, you should be able to find it. In a nutshell, it took us over 6 months(22nd Feb - 30 Aug) from application submission to receiving the stamped passport. My husband travelled to Canada a few days after application submission and we had updated it via webform.
We used to reach out via the webform and even wrote to Delhi Immigration. You can find the details here(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/international-visa-offices/new-delhi.html).

Hope this helps.
I also went through this frustration myself for over 6 months, so I can understand what you are going through as a family. Hang in there.

fdido

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Hi All. Can someone please guide which option to select (representative, sponsor or applicant) when raising webform for baby’s TRV application? Thanks.

Ankit003

Dec 11, 2019
Hi Divxthegreat,
I am still searching for a suitable template of invitation letter considering our situation that both PR parents are based outside Canada.
Though a helpful member did share template of LOE they wrote for their kid, I can send you that.
Hi Meeta & Divxthegreat - I am in a similar situation where both parents (PR) are in India and the baby was delivered here. We need to apply for the baby`s TRV to take him along while we apply for this PR.
1. Can you please share the LOE and the invitation letter for this scenario ?
2. I am filling up the representative form on my baby`s behalf giving me the authorization as a representative. Hope that is ok ?
3. Did you choose the <6 months or the >6 months option for visitor ?
4. Applying via GC Key, there are two questions -
  • What would you like to do in Canada? - Study/Visit/Move there/Work/Transit/IEC ( I chose Visit)
  • What is the main purpose of your visit? -Visit Family, Friends/Business/Tourism/PNP Interview/Other ( I chose Other)
Are the responses above ok or you recommend differently?

RAMBO1503

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Hi Meeta & Divxthegreat,
Please help with below as I am in a similar situation:-
1)LOE template
2)Please let me know where to upload this LOE template.

Thanks in advance

RAMBO1503

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Hi Meeta & Divxthegreat - I am in a similar situation where both parents (PR) are in India and the baby was delivered here. We need to apply for the baby`s TRV to take him along while we apply for this PR.
1. Can you please share the LOE and the invitation letter for this scenario ?
2. I am filling up the representative form on my baby`s behalf giving me the authorization as a representative. Hope that is ok ?
3. Did you choose the <6 months or the >6 months option for visitor ?
4. Applying via GC Key, there are two questions -
  • What would you like to do in Canada? - Study/Visit/Move there/Work/Transit/IEC ( I chose Visit)
  • What is the main purpose of your visit? -Visit Family, Friends/Business/Tourism/PNP Interview/Other ( I chose Other)
Are the responses above ok or you recommend differently?
Have u applied?