+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for baby whose parents are PRs

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey all.

I got a question on as I am in a similar situation. Both me and my wife are PR's. Wife had to deliver our twins in India due to Covid related lockdown. I have applied for TRV for both kids in September 2020 and Sponsorship in December 2020. There is no activity on the TRV front at all.

What I learnt from a few facebook posts is that for immediate family (parents and kids) we can ask for Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds for TRV and it gets processed faster. Does any one know the process for applying this to the submitt ed application?
Thos isn’t an H&C situation. Something like a death or an emergency that needs immediate response would be considered.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Thos isn’t an H&C situation. Something like a death or an emergency that needs immediate response would be considered.
Agree with this. On another note, you said you applied to sponsor your twins in December 2020? I hope it does not happen but you need to be prepared for your application to be sent back, you are not supposed to start the sponsorship while living outside Canada. Per one of your posts from yesterday, you applied for a PRTD so IRCC definitely knows you are away.

Ya. I am near Delhi right now. Thats the VFS I was asked to submit the passport.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey all.

I got a question on as I am in a similar situation. Both me and my wife are PR's. Wife had to deliver our twins in India due to Covid related lockdown. I have applied for TRV for both kids in September 2020 and Sponsorship in December 2020. There is no activity on the TRV front at all.

What I learnt from a few facebook posts is that for immediate family (parents and kids) we can ask for Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds for TRV and it gets processed faster. Does any one know the process for applying this to the submitt ed application?
Your sponsorship applications will be returned when it is discovered that you were not in Canada when you filed for the sponsorship.

Knls333

Dec 27, 2018
Hi,
Are you and your husband both PR? If yes, I don’t think you need an invitation as technically you are residents of Canada but live outside country. All you need is a Canadian address that your family will be staying and you or your husband should make the invitation for the baby. So to your second question, the relationship proof should be you or your husband with the baby depending on who made the invitation, and a birth certificate is enough. I will pm the template but you do need to stress in the letter your current situation and what you will dIndia. I am planning could you please share the LOE template with me? It would be of great help in compiling a visa/permit request fo
Hi Divxthegreat,
I am still searching for a suitable template of invitation letter considering our situation that both PR parents are based outside Canada.
Though a helpful member did share template of LOE they wrote for their kid, I can send you that.
Hi Meeta,

I am in the same boat as yours. My wife and I are PRs and planning to immigrate to Canada with an infant and need to apply for TRV/TRP for the child. It would be of great help if you share the LOE template

Thanks,

Reactions: Arsalanza

Prince10785

Sep 17, 2016
Hello All,

I alongwith my wife and elder daughter are Canada PR holders, landed in Nov 2018 and currently in Qatar. We had another kid in 2019 (born in India) and now since we intend to travel to Canada in July 2021, the younger kid would need a TRV.

I am seeking help and guidance on my concerns:

1. Is paper based application good or online is a better option.
2. Can I file my kids's trv application from my cic login account? Or create a new one for him (on his behalf)?
3. Is letter of invitation required? In my case I do not have close friends etc. Or can I (as PR) issue the letter to my kid ?
3. Can someone please send me the LOE that you had used during your application to derive my application from.

Your guidance will really be helpful. Thanking in advance.

meeta.s09

Mar 22, 2019
Hi Meeta,

I am in the same boat as yours. My wife and I are PRs and planning to immigrate to Canada with an infant and need to apply for TRV/TRP for the child. It would be of great help if you share the LOE template

Thanks,
Can I have your email address ? I will share the LOE and invitation letter.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello All,

I alongwith my wife and elder daughter are Canada PR holders, landed in Nov 2018 and currently in Qatar. We had another kid in 2019 (born in India) and now since we intend to travel to Canada in July 2021, the younger kid would need a TRV.

I am seeking help and guidance on my concerns:

1. Is paper based application good or online is a better option.
2. Can I file my kids's trv application from my cic login account? Or create a new one for him (on his behalf)?
3. Is letter of invitation required? In my case I do not have close friends etc. Or can I (as PR) issue the letter to my kid ?
3. Can someone please send me the LOE that you had used during your application to derive my application from.

Your guidance will really be helpful. Thanking in advance.
Do you meet your RO? To sponsor your other child you'll need to be in Canada but also compliant with your RO.

divxthegreat

Dec 26, 2020
Hi - were you able to get the TRV? Would you be able to share your timelines please....
Hi,

Yes, the Visitor Visa was approved for my baby. PR Family sponsorship application is still in progress

Visitor Visa Applied on 04-Jan-2021
Acknowledgement 04-Feb-2021
Visitor Visa approved 05-May-2021

Now waiting for VFS offices to open up for Stamping

Thanks

Knls333

Dec 27, 2018
Hi,

Yes, the Visitor Visa was approved for my baby. PR Family sponsorship application is still in progress

Thanks

Hi divxthegreat - Congratulations on the visa approval for your baby, Could you please let me know which country you have applied from?

vansur

May 14, 2021
Hi,

Thanks
Congratulations divxthegreat. We are the same boat as you, my wife and I are PRs planning to take our kid to Canada, could you pm me the template for letter of explanation.

Also, did you apply for your own email login account ?
If yes what was the answer for "Are you giving someone access to your application?" as the application is being filled by the parent?

Thanks in advance.

Knls333

Dec 27, 2018
Thanks so much, Applied from India..
Okay. We applied for our kid around the same time as yours but haven’t heard anything from CIC yet. Have you submitted a webform for the exemption of travel request? Also, since you mentioned Family Class sponsorship is in progress, I assume one of the parents is in Canada. Am I right?