+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for baby whose parents are PRs

divxthegreat

Dec 26, 2020
Congratulations divxthegreat. We are the same boat as you, my wife and I are PRs planning to take our kid to Canada, could you pm me the template for letter of explanation.

Also, did you apply for your own email login account ?
If yes what was the answer for "Are you giving someone access to your application?" as the application is being filled by the parent?

Thanks in advance.
Sent the LOE Template.
Applied from my wife's CIC account. I am in Canada and wife is India with the baby.

Added my wife as the representative and my wife signed the representative form on behalf of the baby. Explained this in a separate letter..

divxthegreat

Dec 26, 2020
Okay. We applied for our kid around the same time as yours but haven’t heard anything from CIC yet. Have you submitted a webform for the exemption of travel request? Also, since you mentioned Family Class sponsorship is in progress, I assume one of the parents is in Canada. Am I right?
I am in Canada and started the Family sponsorship for my baby.. I had submitted an email travel exemption request as outlined in the official website (right now the process has changed). However, there was no response even after 14 days as was mentioned in the process. But after another 20 days or so, we got the approval on the VISA. I dont think it's due to exemption request made.

vansur

May 14, 2021
Sent the LOE Template.
Applied from my wife's CIC account. I am in Canada and wife is India with the baby.

Added my wife as the representative and my wife signed the representative form on behalf of the baby. Explained this in a separate letter..
Thanks a lot for the help, me and my wife both are currently in India, we plan to go return together with the baby. May I know what information did you provide in Purpose of Travel - Other (required) field? It says "You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit.", is a letter specifying that we plan to apply for sponsoship and leave canada before end of authorized stay" enough ? Thanks in advance.

divxthegreat

Dec 26, 2020
Thanks a lot for the help, me and my wife both are currently in India, we plan to go return together with the baby. May I know what information did you provide in Purpose of Travel - Other (required) field? It says "You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit.", is a letter specifying that we plan to apply for sponsoship and leave canada before end of authorized stay" enough ? Thanks in advance.
We put it as Family Visit.. but as I mentioned, our case is slightly different in that one of the parent is already in Canada and hence it will be considered Family Reunification..

tsb_31

Feb 21, 2017
We put it as Family Visit.. but as I mentioned, our case is slightly different in that one of the parent is already in Canada and hence it will be considered Family Reunification..
Hi divxthegreat. Congratulations on getting the TRV for your kid.
I am planning to apply the TRV for my 3 year old dependent child. Can you kindly help on below points:
1. What was the duration you mentioned in application: less than 6 months or more than 6 months?
2. Did you also had to go through a medical for your kid? if yes - was it before submitting the application or after submitting the application?
3. It will be really helpful if you can forward the sample LoE you used and if you have got any other sample LoEs from the group
4. I have still to travel to Canada. Do you think chances of approval will be better if I go and submit an application with bank details, pay stub etc. or should just an offer letter with Indian Bank statements will suffice?
5. I understand your wife was the representative in the application. But i assume you would have still given all details about yourself working in Canada along with financial support. Asking this as I am not meeting my RO. So was reconsidering if I should just apply TRV from my wife's account - that way not risking my PR status(not sure if that is even a possibility)

Thanks in advance for your response.

tsb_31

Feb 21, 2017
Do you meet your RO? To sponsor your other child you'll need to be in Canada but also compliant with your RO.
Hi canuck78 - can we apply for TRV for our child if we are not compliant with RO? will have any effect/triggers on our PR status?

divxthegreat

Dec 26, 2020
Hi divxthegreat. Congratulations on getting the TRV for your kid.
I am planning to apply the TRV for my 3 year old dependent child. Can you kindly help on below points:
1. What was the duration you mentioned in application: less than 6 months or more than 6 months?
2. Did you also had to go through a medical for your kid? if yes - was it before submitting the application or after submitting the application?
3. It will be really helpful if you can forward the sample LoE you used and if you have got any other sample LoEs from the group
4. I have still to travel to Canada. Do you think chances of approval will be better if I go and submit an application with bank details, pay stub etc. or should just an offer letter with Indian Bank statements will suffice?
5. I understand your wife was the representative in the application. But i assume you would have still given all details about yourself working in Canada along with financial support. Asking this as I am not meeting my RO. So was reconsidering if I should just apply TRV from my wife's account - that way not risking my PR status(not sure if that is even a possibility)

Thanks in advance for your response.
1.Less than 6 months
2. As I mentioned, I have been processing Family sponsorship in parallel, the medicals completed for PR application was automatically updated in the visitor visa as well since the Unique Client ID is same (UCI)
3. Sent in DM
4. Yes, it improves the chances of approval drastically if you are in Canada as it will be considered a case of Family Reunification
5. Yes, I showed my Bank Statements as Proof of funds, employment letter and included detailed explanation in Letter of Invitation from my side.
BTW, How are you planning to come back if you are not meeting RO??

tsb_31

Feb 21, 2017
1.Less than 6 months
2. As I mentioned, I have been processing Family sponsorship in parallel, the medicals completed for PR application was automatically updated in the visitor visa as well since the Unique Client ID is same (UCI)
3. Sent in DM
4. Yes, it improves the chances of approval drastically if you are in Canada as it will be considered a case of Family Reunification
5. Yes, I showed my Bank Statements as Proof of funds, employment letter and included detailed explanation in Letter of Invitation from my side.
BTW, How are you planning to come back if you are not meeting RO??
Thanks so much. Planning to take my chances at PoE. I have read posts where people not meeting RO have been allowed to enter with warnings and not being reported. so just being optimistic here.

Nanda21

Jul 2, 2021
Hi, am in same situation, delivered my baby in India, now planning to apply for TRV for baby, both parents are PR. Can you please provide me with the invitation letter,LOE templates ?

Sidhant73

Apr 8, 2019
Hello all,

Me and my wife are PR currently in India. My daughter is 1.5 months old. I want to apply TRV for my daughter. Can you please share letter of invitation and letter of explanation template with me. Someone who got the trv for their child during these covid times will be more helpful. My email id is sidhantchadha73@gmail.com

Sidhant73

Apr 8, 2019
Hello,
I am in similar situation, but the problem is my husband and I both are outside Canada and wish to travel together with baby to Canada as we live alone outside our home country.
1. Who would give us an invitation letter ?
2. I created my baby's profile and a relationship proof with host/family member is being asked in documents required ? What relationship proof would i submit. We have a few friends in Canada who may be able to write an invitation letter but again what kind of relationship proof for a friend could we upload.
3. Could you please send me the template of LOE too ?
Hello meeta.s09,

Me and my wife are also PR and currently in India. Our daughter was born here 1.5 months ago. I was applying for her trv yesterday. But couldn't find any good reference for letter of invitation and letter of explanation. Can you please share urs with me? My email id is sidhantchadha73@gmail.com. thanks in advance.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

Me and my wife are PR currently in India. My daughter is 1.5 months old. I want to apply TRV for my daughter. Can you please share letter of invitation and letter of explanation template with me. Someone who got the trv for their child during these covid times will be more helpful. My email id is sidhantchadha73@gmail.com
Can you not read the post before you?