+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV 2018 online. share your timeline Philippines

CLAIREESPENA

Dec 4, 2018
Hi sis is ur invitation letter notarised in Canada? And about Ur pictures with ur hubby scanned b or pinadeveloped mo then dinikit
Hi, yung invitation ng ate ko sakin and her husband, scanned copy lang hindi naman notarized. Then yung photos namin together prinint ko lang sa paper.

meraden

Jun 10, 2019
Hello, maraming salamat sa reply at sa input mo. Sa St Lukes ppunta ang aking mother for medical, at dhil taga probinsya pa kmi, need nya to travel so sana wala mging issue sa medical nya or at least sabihin agad during that day of visit kng may tests na need ulitin or if may additional tests. Nka book n kc ung ticket for next month para may kasabay sya pabalik dito. Sana bago dmating ang holidays e may result n agad pra hindi ko na isipin ang pagrerefund ng ticket, huhu.

Iniisip ko bka ang understanding ng CIC is Supervisa ang inaapply nmin kc 10 years multiple visa kya nagrequire ng medical?

Usually kc dito nagmmedical ang Mom ko pag ineextend nmin ang visit nya. Nagulat lang ako na my med request sya ngaun kung kelan may flight na hahaha.
Hello po! Pwede po mag ask kung gano nyo katagal hinintay ung passport request? Parehas na parehas ang nangyari sa mom mo at mom ko. Nag apply lang ako kami ng regular visa but nag request sila ng medical. Praying na ma process na agad approval since kailangan nyang dalin ang anak ko pabalik ng Canada before end of June.

bojoi7

Jun 1, 2018
Ontario
Hi Sa Lahat! I hope it’s okay to post this here.

I’m planning to apply super visa for my mother and my husband will be the co-signer as I don’t have income. His income is above the LICO. My mother doesn’t have travel history but has strong ties to Philippines as she has a teaching job, my sister is still 13 years old, she has properties (though their house is not titled but she’s gonna talk to lawyer what legal paper she could get) and has savings (not much...probably $4kor5k). My question is how will we justify the more than 6 months visit? We want her to stay longer than 6 months so it’s worth the fare and insurance and she’s thinking of taking a year leave of absence. Do you really have to put an itinerary? Or just state that we wanted her to stay for a year. And how do you apply online? Do we also need to show our bank statement (coz if we need to, we might wait til our house is sold as we are moving to another city)?

Thank you so much.

Last edited:

fajlmwg

Jun 12, 2019
Hi! Just want to share my parents from Philippines TRV online application has been approved!

April 8 Submitted
April 9 Submission confirmation
April 10 biometrics letter
April 17 biometrics done
April 22 - eligibility and background check started
April 23 - military and police table form needed for my dad
April 25 - submitted additional form (CEM confirmed receipt)
April 25 - biometrics correspondence letter (1 hour after additional form submitted)
April 25 - Passport Requests :) (an hour after bio correspondence letter) ;)

3 updates in 1 day! So fast...
Hello, I would just like to ask if your dad is still active in service? My dad was requested that form as well and it’s been 2 weeks since we submitted and still no update from them. I’m kinda worried that maybe it takes too long for them to process since he’s still active in service? Thank you sooo much!

bpayne788

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Hello, I would just like to ask if your dad is still active in service? My dad was requested that form as well and it’s been 2 weeks since we submitted and still no update from them. I’m kinda worried that maybe it takes too long for them to process since he’s still active in service? Thank you sooo much!

No, he’s been retired since 2012... did you receive email for confirmation of receipt for the said form?

fajlmwg

Jun 12, 2019
No, he’s been retired since 2012... did you receive email for confirmation of receipt for the said form?
Yes, we received confirmation of receipt last June 3. I’m kind of worried it might take too long since i’ve heard stories from both retired and active military that it took 2-3 months before their application was updated. Maybe it’s case to case basis but hopefully it won’t take that long for my parents to get their visas since we have a wedding to attend in canada this august. I got my visa last April, just 4 days after submitting biometrics so I thought it would be the same for them. Thank you for responding tho! :)

Reactions: bpayne788

zac989

Mar 20, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-10-2014 App. Received : 22-10-2014 CC Charged : 28-12-2014 PER Received: 22-01-2015
File Transfer...
21-01-2015
Med's Request
15-10-2015
Med's Done....
20-10-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2015 VOH : 08-12-2015
LANDED..........
21-02-2016
Anybody here who had their biometrics done by the end of May? Can you please share your timelines?

bpayne788

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Yes, we received confirmation of receipt last June 3. I’m kind of worried it might take too long since i’ve heard stories from both retired and active military that it took 2-3 months before their application was updated. Maybe it’s case to case basis but hopefully it won’t take that long for my parents to get their visas since we have a wedding to attend in canada this august. I got my visa last April, just 4 days after submitting biometrics so I thought it would be the same for them. Thank you for responding tho! :)
That was my worry too! I have read before it may take 2-3 months for them to finished his background check from military, i was surprised it only took couple hours! I hope your parents will get their passport requests soon! And, you’re welcome! :);)

Reactions: fajlmwg

louise13

Jun 15, 2019
Hello, newbie here. How long will it take to have some updates after biometrics. My Mom had her biometrics last June 13 but no changes on her online application. Thank you!

sam.ong

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Manila, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HongKong
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 18, 2014
Nomination.....
CSQ issued: July 26, 2016
AOR Received.
QSWP Aug 6, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted after AOR ( Aug 20, 2014 )
File Transfer...
Federal Lodge - Sep 6, 2016 | Federal AOR Dec 9, 2016
Med's Request
Jan 16, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 8, 2017
Passport Req..
March 21, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 24, 2017
Hello / Bonjour everyone!!

I would just like to thank all those who shared their inputs and suggestion for the TRV application! My mom’s TRV application was APPROVED!! Hooray!! Here ´s the timeline of her application:

Online Submission : May 26
Biometrics Req: May 27
Biometrics Done: June 3
Correspondence Letter: June 10
Passport Req: June 10 (2 hrs after Correspondence Let)
Passport Submission: June 14
still waiting for her Passport

*My mom is 58 y/o, unemployed for the last 10 yrs(housewife). I included her Philhealth, SSS contributions and also availed ung Rent a ticket service for the roundtrip tickets.

Anyway, I’m planning to let my mom stay with me for about 3 months but not sure yet exactly when will be her return flight. I already bought a one way ticket for her and I’m planning to avail the Rent a ticket service again that will be valid for 14 days just to have a proof of her return flight to PHP. My question is, Okay lang kaya yun? will we have any problem if flight reservation lang ung return ticket ng mom ko since we’re not sure yet when she is leaving? Thank you and God bless us all

thachad098

Jun 21, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2016
AOR Received.
21-12-2016
Med's Request
19-01-2017
Med's Done....
27-01-2017
LANDED..........
19-07-2017

I would just like to thank all those who shared their inputs and suggestion for the TRV application! My mom’s TRV application was APPROVED!! Hooray!! Here ´s the timeline of her application:

wow! your application is fast! my wife and i applied for my mother and father in law to come visit us and it is still "in review" status.

here's the timeline
  • submitted online May 22, 2019
  • request for biometrics May 23, 2019
  • biometrics completed May 29, 2019
  • biometrics updated to online application May 30, 2019

after that, nothing. we provided our proof of income, a letter that we will be responsible for all their expenses while in Canada, our itinerary for them, their ties in the Philippines (properties, parents, siblings, children and grand kids) etc. we even had a letter from our MP to help with the adjudication process. might follow-up by end of week if nothing comes up.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Anyway, I’m planning to let my mom stay with me for about 3 months but not sure yet exactly when will be her return flight. I already bought a one way ticket for her and I’m planning to avail the Rent a ticket service again that will be valid for 14 days just to have a proof of her return flight to PHP. My question is, Okay lang kaya yun? will we have any problem if flight reservation lang ung return ticket ng mom ko since we’re not sure yet when she is leaving? Thank you and God bless us all
It's possible the officer at the airline check-in counter may see that the return flight is only a reservation and may deny boarding if they see that your mom has a regular TRV (not a supervisa or PR card). One member's relative was not permitted to board until they bought a return flight on the spot.

Some airlines (Air Canada) have free cancellations and refunds within 24 hours of booking.

sam.ong

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Manila, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HongKong
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 18, 2014
Nomination.....
CSQ issued: July 26, 2016
AOR Received.
QSWP Aug 6, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted after AOR ( Aug 20, 2014 )
File Transfer...
Federal Lodge - Sep 6, 2016 | Federal AOR Dec 9, 2016
Med's Request
Jan 16, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 8, 2017
Passport Req..
March 21, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 24, 2017
It's possible the officer at the airline check-in counter may see that the return flight is only a reservation and may deny boarding if they see that your mom has a regular TRV (not a supervisa or PR card). One member's relative was not permitted to board until they bought a return flight on the spot.

Some airlines (Air Canada) have free cancellations and refunds within 24 hours of booking.
Hi bellaluna! Thanks for the advice! Yeah, i read some stories wherein they were asked to buy on the spot. Have you tried the rent-a ticket- service before? Wherein they will really send you a booking/flight confirmation that is what I meant instead of "flight reservation" that I previously used.hehe like if you put in the your details sa airline website, it will really show you have a confirmed booking.

I also thought of the 24 hr cancellation however the last leg of our flight is Montreal, Canada and our total flight is 28hours, so I don't think it's my best option.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi bellaluna! Thanks for the advice! Yeah, i read some stories wherein they were asked to buy on the spot. Have you tried the rent-a ticket- service before? Wherein they will really send you a booking/flight confirmation that is what I meant instead of "flight reservation" that I previously used.hehe like if you put in the your details sa airline website, it will really show you have a confirmed booking.

I also thought of the 24 hr cancellation however the last leg of our flight is Montreal, Canada and our total flight is 28hours, so I don't think it's my best option.
I never used a rental ticket service, but if you say it works that way then why not. I bought a round-trip flight valid for 1 year from the departure date with free rebookings.

zac989

Mar 20, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-10-2014 App. Received : 22-10-2014 CC Charged : 28-12-2014 PER Received: 22-01-2015
File Transfer...
21-01-2015
Med's Request
15-10-2015
Med's Done....
20-10-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2015 VOH : 08-12-2015
LANDED..........
21-02-2016

*My mom is 58 y/o, unemployed for the last 10 yrs(housewife). I included her Philhealth, SSS contributions and also availed ung Rent a ticket service for the roundtrip tickets.

Hi, how did you send your mom's passport (and will you be picking it up when available or scheduled for delivery)? Did you opt for courier service from VFS?