+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling with a Permanent Resident Travel Document

lemb

Jul 15, 2019
Hi All,

I am a PR (British citizen), and I had to leave the country in December without my PR Card. I have successfully applied for and received a Permanent Resident Travel Document, which is now in my passport. This is the first time I've left and tried to return to Canada as a PR - I have declared that I am travelling using my British passport on all my travel documents (i.e. I have checked in with my passport, listed it on the ArriveCAN app etc.). Is this the right way to re-enter as a PR? I don't need to declare that I'm travelling on a PRTD or anything like that? I presume I just show my PRTD with my passport, is this right.

Any assistance welcome!

MaggieL

Mar 17, 2022
Hi All,

I am a PR (British citizen), and I had to leave the country in December without my PR Card. I have successfully applied for and received a Permanent Resident Travel Document, which is now in my passport. This is the first time I've left and tried to return to Canada as a PR - I have declared that I am travelling using my British passport on all my travel documents (i.e. I have checked in with my passport, listed it on the ArriveCAN app etc.). Is this the right way to re-enter as a PR? I don't need to declare that I'm travelling on a PRTD or anything like that? I presume I just show my PRTD with my passport, is this right.

Any assistance welcome!
May I know is it you choose travel with passport ? i am at the same situation , expired PR card but with the PR travel document . thx