+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transcripts from Mumbai University

andy4uonline

Jul 17, 2018
Hi I an new to this forum Need help withwprocessn of getting the transcript. I have done Bcom.

FYJC / SYJC / FYBCOM - Completed from college
SYBCOM & TYBOCM - Completed as Distance Education from university of Mumbai.

Please can you guide me where to apply for transcript & what is the procedure.

Sump16

Sep 2, 2018
Universities require official transcripts. So can i just send the original ones i received from college in a sealed envelope.

VikrantBhatt

Nov 30, 2018
Hi Guys,
This thread needs a recent update. Let me share what steps I followed. It should help atleast to those who are looking for transcripts to send to WES and who have done their studies from Mumbai University.

1. Mumbai University does not give any kind of transcripts for any stream. So don't think that you are BSc, BCA, BMS, MSc, MBA or what so ever. If your college is affiliated to Mumbai University then your college will give you transcripts based on your marksheets. The transcripts DO NOT need to be sealed. If your college is hell bend on sealing it then it's other story. But don't go out of the way to get it sealed as it is not required and you will anyways need to open the envelope to get it attested at Mumbai University. (if your college falls under autonomous institute as mentioned on WES website, then your college itself can attest your marksheets and transcripts and can seal in their own envelope and send to WES. No need to go to MU in this case).

2. Once transcript is in your hand, head towards "Vidyarthi vidyapeeth bhavan" at Churchgate. (Google for exact driving address.). Reach around 9 am and write your name in the register. That's your token number.

3. For the time you are waiting, arrange your documents. Prepare 1 set for WES and 1 set for their office records. If your need more, add your required number of sets. (Photocopies for Transcripts, degree certificate, passing certificate, marksheets).

4. Purchase 2 envelops .(A size little bigger than A4) (Note- there are 2 shops opposite to the venue who does photocopies and has envelops). On one envelop, write your WES Canada address.

5. Go to 1st floor and take the attestation request form. This form will have your token number written on it. Sit in the que till your token is called.

6. On the counter, they will verify your copies with originals. So do not forget to carry original documents. (Note- anyone can go on behalf of the applicant. The person should have originals, that's about it).

6. Post verification, the lady will put all the copies + envelope on which you had earlier written address and will put all into 2nd envelope. They will charge RS 10 per page for your and RS 1 per page for their office copy. (I paid 132 for my task). That's it.

7. Take the receipt and secure it. You should get it in 2 days. Yes, you read that right. It's no more 25-30 days . You can check if your documents are ready to be collected online. Click on the link.. http://mu.ac.in/portal/gateway-fortal/department-of-students-welfares/

8. After 2 days, show your receipt and collect the sealed envelope. (It will not be Mumbai University official envelope but the same one on which you had written address). It will be sealed and stamped at many places. This department is authorized by registrar of MU to sign and stamp on their behalf and this is approved method.

This is as per November 2018. Don't get afraid by the things written in various blogs. It is not at all difficult. Your college can give you transcripts in 10 days and MU gives it in 2 days. You can use your original transcripts received from college to use for attestation. Don't send photocopies of your transcripts. Not that it's not accepted, but what's the point in saving original transcript copies with you.

Last edited:

vidhishah309

Mar 14, 2019
Hi guys,

I'm applying WES through an agent.

The agent said that the transcripts need to be acquired for all marksheets and convocation certificate.
he said that mumbai uni charges 1200 'per marksheet' which means for mca 6 sems 1200x6=7200 + 1200 for degree certificate i.e. 8400 in total!! Even I would like to know how much MU charge for attested marksheet.

is that correct or is he trying to cheat me?For WES I just need to give PASS marksheets or I have to FAIL marksheets as well. It will be great if anybody can help me out.

thanks!

Vijaypatel95

Dec 1, 2019
Hi,

Here is the process which should be similar for most colleges.

First you have to approach the respective college from where you received graduation or post-graduation degrees who will ask you to fill a form or submit a letter requesting transcripts. They will also need a copy of all your mark sheets and originals (for verification only). After paying the fees which is about Rs1000/- they will ask you to come by in a week to collect the transcripts. While collecting the transcripts they will ask you whether you want to take it in sealed envelopes or not. The choice is yours. Generally you will get 3-5 copies but it depends college to college.

Once you take the transcripts from your colleges you then have to approach the Student Welfare Center, situated next to Sydenham College. Go to the 1st floor and submit your copies of transcripts (open one sealed envelope to make a copy), certificates and mark sheets along with an envelope. You will be asked to fill a form and asked to come at a certain date (usually 4 weeks). Please carry your original mark sheets, certificates and transcripts. You will get your sealed envelope on the scheduled date.

Hope this helps and clears out any doubts.

Regards,
Rishi
Hello..can you please help me in explaining the procedure for applying for WES from canada?
I have done my bachelors from mumbai university.

Transcripts

Dec 14, 2019
Hi guys,

I'm applying WES through an agent.

The agent said that the transcripts need to be acquired for all marksheets and convocation certificate.
he said that mumbai uni charges 1200 'per marksheet' which means for mca 6 sems 1200x6=7200 + 1200 for degree certificate i.e. 8400 in total!! Even I would like to know how much MU charge for attested marksheet.

is that correct or is he trying to cheat me?For WES I just need to give PASS marksheets or I have to FAIL marksheets as well. It will be great if anybody can help me out.

thanks!

Mumbai University , transcripts can be collected and dispatched from University campus post office as per WES guidelines. There will be University fees around 600Rs per set and shipment charges Process time can take only within a week.