+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transcripts for WES - University of Madras

May 21, 2019
Thanks for your reply.

Another doubt is, on the institution field in WES application should I give my college name or Madras university.
Thanks in advance.

dpsk@depth

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Hi,
I am facing the same problem now. I am from the class of 2011 Ethiraj (Evening Batch) and applying WES on my own now, I do not know if I should get the transcripts from Ethiraj or from madras university.
Kindly share your experience.
Hi Apoorva,

Here no need to get confused, as per procedure please refer your certificates. If your all mark memos having college name, then your College is autonomous so you need to apply for transcripts of your mark memos at College only, obviously degree certificate always from the university.

If all your certificates having university name then go to Madras university with all your original documents, two cloth empty envelops and apply for transcripts.

May 21, 2019
Hi Apoorva,

Here no need to get confused, as per procedure please refer your certificates. If your all mark memos having college name, then your College is autonomous so you need to apply for transcripts of your mark memos at College only, obviously degree certificate always from the university.

If all your certificates having university name then go to Madras university with all your original documents, two cloth empty envelops and apply for transcripts.
Thanks for your reply :)
Yes, as you said all my mark sheets have college name and the degree certificate is from the madras university.

I am also mentioning my college name in the WES application instead of the university name in the 'Institution' field. Hope that is correct :) As I was afraid that WES would reject my application due to this reason.

Last edited:

pavi_cs

May 29, 2019
Hello

I need the university of Madras and Anna University yo send the transcripts directly to Wes for evaluation (according to the new Wes process) does anyone know if they send directly? If not what is the alternate process?

MB8489

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Hi,
I am facing the same problem now. I am from the class of 2011 Ethiraj (Evening Batch) and applying WES on my own now, I do not know if I should get the transcripts from Ethiraj or from madras university.
Kindly share your experience.

Hi the WES processes may have changed. During the time I did. I got it done directly from Ethiraj college controller of exam office

MB8489

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Thanks for your reply :)
Yes, as you said all my mark sheets have college name and the degree certificate is from the madras university.

I am also mentioning my college name in the WES application instead of the university name in the 'Institution' field. Hope that is correct :) As I was afraid that WES would reject my application due to this reason.
I mentioned it as ethiraj college myself because Ethiraj college is listed in Wes's list of colleges. But pls note this was few years ago

May 21, 2019
Hi all,
As posted already Ethiraj College will issue the transcripts, but not the degree certificate.
Degree Certificate should be attested by madras university and to be sent separately to WES and this is mandatory.

Reactions: MB8489

MB8489

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Hi all,
As posted already Ethiraj College will issue the transcripts, but not the degree certificate.
Degree Certificate should be attested by madras university and to be sent separately to WES and this is mandatory.
Looks like the processes have changed since 2015.
Thanks for the update.. Hope you received your WES credentials :)

Reactions: Apoorva Surender

canadauom

Aug 8, 2019
hi
i have passed out from madras university in graduation 2010 and mba from elsewhere.do i need to get graduation degree verified as well from madras university . i dont stay in chennai.
and if yes please let me know the person to contact in university.

Jul 26, 2020
Hi all,

Hi,
Can you please elaborate the process to get attested transcipts from ethiraj college.

Abinaya N J

Jun 13, 2021
Hi, I have a MS from US and MBA from India . Do I need to get both evaluated. Anyways MBA from India will be considered as Bachelor's by WES. Do I still need to get that evaluated.