+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transcripts for WES - University of Madras

ansimn

Sep 17, 2017
Hello Ansimn,
This is pretty much in detail. I have a couple of questions -

1. I am out of country currently. Can my relative go on my behalf?
2. If yes, should he carry my originals or copies are sufficient?
3. If copies are fine, should I get them notarized here in USA?
3. It will be great if you can provide me the link to the form that we have to fill.

Thank you so much for your valuable inputs!
Yes it's possible to get it thro ur relative or friend
You need to provide a signed authorization letter, Notary is required, if originals cannot be submitted during the application. As per the university communication, they said Notary from applicant's residence, that means US notary still should be valid, pls check this pdf for more details http://www.unom.ac.in/unom/uploads/curricular/usabprocedure.pdf
Application forms are available here http://www.unom.ac.in/unom/uploads/curricular/

Last edited:

salmansyed

Nov 4, 2017
Yes it's possible to get it thro ur relative or friend
You need to provide a signed authorization letter, Notary is required, if originals cannot be submitted during the application. As per the university communication, they said Notary from applicant's residence, that means US notary still should be valid, pls check this pdf for more details http://www.unom.ac.in/unom/uploads/curricular/usabprocedure.pdf
Application forms are available here http://www.unom.ac.in/unom/uploads/curricular/
Hello Ansimn/other Friends

Thanks for guiding all of us . I have some questions please clarify
1. Many in this Forum are saying univ registrar is not signing the transcripts instead the director is signing and there by ECA is getting rejected they are advising to go with IQAS instead . Please guide us on this aspect.
2. The Application Form link which you sent has one item TC (Transfer Certificate) . Is it compulsory to submit or without that will they accept.
3. Will they handover on the same day the attested copies or they take some days as i am coming from Hyderabad.
4. Instead of me do you know any agent who can get my work done.
Thanks a lot bro .....

raminhere

Nov 6, 2017
hellow there @jairichi and @shaarraeem .. I am in the process of applying for Express Entry and am in a similar situation . I have handed over the notary certified copes to a friend of mine in chennai for getting attenstation from Madras University. As per instuctions from WES the attestation is to be done by an authorised person who is incharge of the examination. For Madras University in particular would the attestation have to be done by the Registrar only ??? . If not who is the authorised person for this particular University . My friend was told that there is an authorised person who usually does the attestation and it is not the Registrar. Can any of you please clarify on who is to attest the document as per WES requirements for Madras University.

Quick reply will be much appreciated ....

Many Thanks

ansimn

Sep 17, 2017
All,
I've just shared my experience what I went though. There's a separate department in Madras Univesrity, named USAB which does the certification process. Certificates are signed by Examination controller, I believe. Wrt the application form, you can download from http://www.unom.ac.in/unom/uploads/curricular/, first page of application form is applicable for us, else form also was provided in the USAB office. I have to wait for 3 hours, submitted the docs at 10 AM, got the signed ones by 1 PM. I hope this helps. Also my docs are recieved by WES and got approved by them already. This post is meant for people who want to try on their own. People who opt for service support can look out for google for certificate attestation agents

salmansyed

Nov 4, 2017
All,
I've just shared my experience what I went though. There's a separate department in Madras Univesrity, named USAB which does the certification process. Certificates are signed by Examination controller, I believe. Wrt the application form, you can download from http://www.unom.ac.in/unom/uploads/curricular/, first page of application form is applicable for us, else form also was provided in the USAB office. I have to wait for 3 hours, submitted the docs at 10 AM, got the signed ones by 1 PM. I hope this helps. Also my docs are recieved by WES and got approved by them already. This post is meant for people who want to try on their own. People who opt for service support can look out for google for certificate attestation agents
Whether they r checking TC before doing attestation sir

salmansyed

Nov 4, 2017
All,
Can we get transcript attestation first before doing WES registration or the univ is checking WES form before doing attestation.

raminhere

Nov 6, 2017
All,
Thanks ansimn for the quick response. One further question did you have to mention any specific person ( for example Controller of Exam) to the staff there to get it attested ? or did you just hand it in for them to follow the standard procedure. In other words is WES attestation requirement known to them , do they follow a seperate procedure , or do they get it attested by the same person irrespective of the purpose of attestation .

Last edited:

raminhere

Nov 6, 2017
Hi everyone , I just got to know from the University that the attestation will be done by the attestation officer only . Would this be accepted by WES ??

Anu1117

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
Hello all,
Can you please advice the steps with all the required documents needed to get the transcripts from University of Madras for ECA from WES. I will not be going in person as I do not reside in India and will be asking a relative to do the same.

Requesting the required information with all the necessary steps.
Thanks in advance.
I got my transcript from unom recently, Am not living in India hence I had to avail a service for the same. I went thru multiple options but ended up with a very simple service since others were extremely pricey. I paid only 5000 bucks for both my bachelor and master transcript. They are reachable at chennaitranscripts@gmail.com.

Reactions: ChennaiTranscripts

BhavaniShankar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Anyone got transcripts from IGNOU for MBA. IGNOU have requested DD for Rs 300/- for every attestation. Need to know whether I need get attestation for every Grade Card , Marksheet, provincial certificate and final degree certificate. in this case 4 attestation, so 4 DDs each for Rs. 300/-. Kindly share your experience so that I can take DD and send across to IGNOU

sivaunique

Feb 18, 2018
I have completed MCA in University of Madras on 2003. Should I have consolidated Marksheet for this? I have semester wise marksheets. Pls advise.

sivaunique

Feb 18, 2018
Does WES rejects ECA if the transcripts are signed by attestation officer from University of madras? If yes, how do we ensure to get sign from Registrar / Controller from University of Madras in this case. Pls help.

bhavishya

Mar 1, 2018
USAB ( University Students Advisory Board) facilitates transcripts for Madras university based degrees, more details are available at www.unom.ac.in/uploads/curricular/usabprocedure.pdf. This week I'd been there, Had a tough time to find the USAB office, it's next University library and adjecent to Post office and SBI Office. Paid 70 Rs ( 1 Degree certificate + 6 Semester mark sheets) in a DD addressed to The Registrar, University of Madras ( DD can be obtained from near SBI office). USAB opens at 10 AM, the staffs were v cordial. Also you need to get a ID proof, Get an application from the staff, fill the form. Once you get the DD, submit the DD to DD section offce( In centenary building sidewise, you will see a blue painted board and counter window), DD office will seal in the application forum. Then return the application form, id proof copy, and xerox sheets along with the originals, I also gave 2 empty envelopes ( One A4 size envelop to get university seal, this is the envelope in which I need to post the papers back to WES and another envelope to hold original mark sheets). Waited for 3 hours, after which I got the attested marksheets by university official, they also sealed the envelope. Now I just need to place the papers inside the envelope and paste it and post it to WES. I hope this info will be useful for newbies
Your feedback was very helpful sir.
I have few questions to ask :
1.I have applied for USA-CMA which is a accounting certification course by IMA-USA and it can be done from INDIA itself. They have prescibed to send the trancript directly to their INSTITUTE in USA from University of Madras(UNOM). I have Completed B.Com.I have 6 semester marksheet+Consolidated marksheet +Provisional Certificate +Degree Certificate.Should i have to take xerox of all the certificates and get attested from director and get the seal in envelope? The case is that University of madras has to send the transcripts directy to USA.
2. Should i have to prepare or attach any bonafide certificate or request letter for transcript attestation to UNOM to get transcript attestation?
2. Incase,as you said, once they give the envelope with UNOM seal which will be preferred courier mode (like DTDC, FEDEX, BLUEDART) to send the transcript to USA?