+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

sladeyl11

Jul 27, 2020
Hey Guys,

Just want to share my wife's and my cases with you and give you some insight and hope (I guess) -
we landed in Toronto on 9/27 as FSW new immigrant from US;
our PR card application was processed at Pearson airport IRCC office (but I have no idea which office our application actually sent so if you know please share with us);
both my wife and I receive two ghost updates and confirmed with IRCC it seems that the 1st GU is "application approved and card sent for production" and the 2nd GU is "final decision made and card is mailed";
my wife's card was mailed last Monday on 19th and my card was mailed as of today 26th.
In a nutshell, our cards were mailed within one month, 2 weeks after our quarantine.

I think they are really fast these days but we still haven't received the card yet - thanks Canada Post you are really slow.

Hats.nads

Oct 16, 2020
I submitted all documents on the checklist, and a scanned copy of my COPR.
Hi please can you let me know do we need to fill anything under section 19 for PRTD? Or can we skip that as I landed on 15th July 2020 and just stayed in Canada for 29 days.

Please can you help on this as I'm trying to submit the PRTD today.

LilyBee

Star Member
Oct 27, 2019
Hi please can you let me know do we need to fill anything under section 19 for PRTD? Or can we skip that as I landed on 15th July 2020 and just stayed in Canada for 29 days.

Please can you help on this as I'm trying to submit the PRTD today.
No that section does not apply to you. Leave it blank

Ha88

Aug 11, 2020
Hi everyone, I had received my COPR on September 25, and mailed my photo and a copy of my COPR to Montreal office on September 26. Canada Post delivered my envelope on September 28, but I haven't received my first card yet.

1st ghost update showed up on October 19. I have just called CIC and the agent told me that it wouldn't be possible to link my application online for the initial card, but they reassured me that my initial PR card application was being processed. It's just a matter of time...

Crazy how many people (who sent their photo to Montreal office) got their card within 10 days, others 2 weeks, and some others 3 months... I don't understand how all of this works :(

tomtomtommm

Jul 14, 2019
mine and my wife's photo and COPR letter arrive at Etibotic office on June 16th, I got my PR card mailed out from Sydney on Sep 22. But so far we still have no updates for my wife's PR card. I sent webform and called IRCC, they told me wait. feel worry about it now.

guitarman

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
mine and my wife's photo and COPR letter arrive at Etibotic office on June 16th, I got my PR card mailed out from Sydney on Sep 22. But so far we still have no updates for my wife's PR card. I sent webform and called IRCC, they told me wait. feel worry about it now.
This is my situation as well.
Question - were you an inland applicant?

And if so who was the primary applicant? You or your wife?

In our situation, we were originally in Canada on my partner's study visa. Our child was linked to their account. I was the sponsor for PR and my partners card came a month ago and our child's card has been approved, but we haven't recieved it and mine is still processing.

SO I'm wondering if maybe when there's a change in who is the sponsor for the child, there's an extra process that happens?

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi everyone,

I have started following this topic since my wife recently got her COPR and mailed her pictures and COPR Letter to Kitchener office which was the one that virtually landed her.

Her mail was received Oct 23. I was wondering if they will send something like an AoR like they do for other types of application. I see you guys talking about linking the PR application to gckey and tracking it there.

How long does it usually take from the day they receive the letter till they send an AoR or any other info that we can use to start tracking the PR Card processing?

thank you

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
Hi everyone, I had received my COPR on September 25, and mailed my photo and a copy of my COPR to Montreal office on September 26. Canada Post delivered my envelope on September 28, but I haven't received my first card yet.

1st ghost update showed up on October 19. I have just called CIC and the agent told me that it wouldn't be possible to link my application online for the initial card, but they reassured me that my initial PR card application was being processed. It's just a matter of time...

Crazy how many people (who sent their photo to Montreal office) got their card within 10 days, others 2 weeks, and some others 3 months... I don't understand how all of this works :(
I am at 110 days today and no updates yet, despite the several webforms raised...

Ha88

Aug 11, 2020
I am at 110 days today and no updates yet, despite the several webforms raised...
OMG!!! That's insane! You reside in QC eh?

Have you tried calling CIC? This morning was the first time that I managed to contact them by phone. I called their number at around 8.30 am and waited for 40 mins. Was eventually able to talk to an agent at 9.10 am.

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
OMG!!! That's insane! You reside in QC eh?

Have you tried calling CIC? This morning was the first time that I managed to contact them by phone. I called their number at around 8.30 am and waited for 40 mins. Was eventually able to talk to an agent at 9.10 am.
Yes, we live in Quebec, which means that we started this PR journey more than 2 years ago....quite frustrating.. I have tried to reach CIC by phone but no luck and their answers to the webforms are useless...

Ha88

Aug 11, 2020
Yes, we live in Quebec, which means that we started this PR journey more than 2 years ago....quite frustrating.. I have tried to reach CIC by phone but no luck and their answers to the webforms are useless...
Ouch :( Sorry to hear about the delay, it's really frustrating! You should try calling them early in the morning around 8.30 am. Though the wait time can be excruciatingly long, talking to an agent may help you learn more about your initial PR card(s) application(s).

I saw in a French forum that someone just got their initial PR card 10 days after the mailing date to CIC Montreal... They had received their COPR on the same day as me, yet mailed their photo out in October... It's like CIC is just processing anything that's on top of their mail pile and forgetting everything at the bottom!

V3n0m

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Prairies are not doing any work at all. I wonder what are they getting paid for for f*** sake Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba combined have less cases than Ontario.

Ontario is processing PR cards just fine.

suman aujla

Oct 6, 2020
Hi Guyz
I have question.
If I will travel to India with COPR, Do I need to apply for PRTD from India or I can apply that from Canada as well?