+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Hey @dashing_warrior (love that name :) ), do you get notified in ur email that there’s an update or anything to your application when there’s a gu? I only landed (electronically - Inland applicant) in June...photos & CoPR sent off to Montreal in June, so I don’t bother with checking my account (just yet, anyway). Trying to figure out if I may be missing anything by not checking. Thanks!
That’s a nice thing to say, thank you.

You don’t get an email notification for a GU but you do get an email once your PR card is printed and mailed. There may be a time lag between an actual update in profile and an email. Hope it makes sense. If I were you, I’d check the account 1-2 times per week just to be sure.

Also, there was someone in this thread who hadn’t got any updates at all but received his or her PR card in post. Must’ve been a pleasant surprise but I would rather know in advance. Good luck.

Last edited:

Wallyb

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
That’s a nice thing to say, thank you.

You don’t get an email notification for a GU but you do get an email once your PR card is printed and mailed. There may be a time lag between an actual update in profile and an email. Hope it makes sense. If I were you, I’d check the account 1-2 times per week just to be sure.

Also, there was someone in this thread who hadn’t got any updates at all but received his or her PR card in post. Must’ve been a pleasant surprise but I would rather know in advance. Good luck.
Thank you!

alqudsi89

Aug 24, 2018
For GU, you won’t get email. You will get notification in email for the approval. I also send my photo and CoPR to Montreal in June
Hi, being an inland applicant and having ur photos and COPR sent in June in Montreal office did you get the GU for the PR card?

Vivir_Y_Aprender

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
Hello Everyone,
Can anyone please explain that how many "Ghost Updates" we will get before approval of PR card? I got one Ghost Update today but there is no change in the status, still, it's submitted on CIC website.
Thanks
i just got one ghost update. BUTTTT it took 130+ days to get PR Card Application Approved. Patience. Is. A. Virtue.

Reactions: shireendeshmukh

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
i just got one ghost update. BUTTTT it took 130+ days to get PR Card Application Approved. Patience. Is. A. Virtue.
I landed later than you and my card has already been printed and mailed. The second update should come 2-3 days after the GU. If I were you, I’d send a webform to check that IRCC 100% has your mailing address on file. @Jabya has had the same issue with only 1 GU, and apparently IRCC didn’t have his or her new address, and the reason why was unknown. With IRCC you always have to double check lol.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/track-your-pr-card-timeline-and-processing-times-here.394703/post-8740204

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Jabya

Jabya

May 29, 2019
I landed later than you and my card has already been printed and mailed. The second update should come 2-3 days after the GU. If I were you, I’d send a webform to check that IRCC 100% has your mailing address on file. @Jabya has had the same issue with only 1 GU, and apparently IRCC didn’t have his new address, and the reason why was unknown. With IRCC you always have to double check lol.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/track-your-pr-card-timeline-and-processing-times-here.394703/post-8740204
Thats correct, folks here who only got one GU please raise webform asap. IRCC is not as efficient as we might think. Despite updating it over webform, call they told me they don't have my address.

Raised another webform with one simple oneliner - "Please mail my pr card on this address XXXX"

My earlier webform text sent 2 months back - Hello Agent, I'm awaiting my first Initial PR card. I want to change the address on my PR card application - RXXXXXXX The NEW address on my PR Card application should be - XXXXX This link to change address (https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=coa) provided by IRCC agent in webform reply does't work. Therefore, I'm requesting you to update NEW address as given above in the PR card application. Also wanted to check if there is any further progress on my PR card application - RXXXXXXX Thank you for all your efforts. Really appreciate. Best,

This is something I noticed, if you write complicated stuff in webform, 50% of chance they will mess it up. Better to write simple sentences and to the point information.

Alt_

Aug 21, 2019
We landed in Toronto on March 15. The secondary applicant got approval on July 21 and got PR card on July 25, but the main applicant hasn't even got GU.
I tried to call to IRCC but nobody answers.

asdfgty

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
Outland applicant.
March 16, 2020: Landed in Vancouver airport

July 27, 2020: Your application was approved. We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.

darklord_sidz

Jul 14, 2020
Finally got my PR card in mail today. It was approved and mailed on July 20th, 2020 as per CIC account.
@guydecent Congratulations! Would you please tell which province your address in? We are in Toronto and waiting for the card to come in mail, our card was approved on the same date, July 20, 2020. It is a little bit tough to check mailbox everyday.