Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2016
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront,submitted on 23-03-2017
That depends mostly on what you enter in Place of Birth field..
I was able to link my application with the format Cityname,Statename with no space.
For my husband's application Cityname, Statename format with space worked.

I just followed by someone's post here to call IRCC and ask them spell out as it is in the application and it helped.
Hi ,
Thank you for the help, I was able to link the Pr card today , I wrote the place of birth as it is shown on Copr and it worked.
My Pr card still showing submitted.
Can you share your timeline please?
When did you land?
Thank you

Mseitz

Jul 25, 2018
You're fine. As an American citizen, you will be able to travel in/out of Canada with just your passport without a need for your PR card. Airlines are aware of this, and if they ask you about the PR card, do remind them that your passport is sufficient to enter Canada.
Really??? Man, they made it seem like I needed to have PR card or else. Thank you!

Dorina D

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2016
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront,submitted on 23-03-2017
Anyone who got approved on July 20 received their cards yet?
Hi,
Can you share your timeline please? When did you land?
thank you,

Stewie090

Jun 14, 2018
Really??? Man, they made it seem like I needed to have PR card or else. Thank you!
No offense. But you being a US citizen planning to move to Canada? Reason I've asked is cause majority of people who are applying for PR is cause of the uncertainty with the visas and everything. Never knew, US passport holders were also considering this option. Just asking out of curiosity.

Mseitz

Jul 25, 2018
No offense. But you being a US citizen planning to move to Canada? Reason I've asked is cause majority of people who are applying for PR is cause of the uncertainty with the visas and everything. Never knew, US passport holders were also considering this option. Just asking out of curiosity.
Hey, I'm currently living in Canada right now & have been for the past 2 years (I applied for permanent residency under the spouse sponsorship since my husband's Canadian) but I'm needing to go back home to the States next month. I've just been getting mixed messages about traveling without a PR for reentry into Canada. Some websites say I need a PR Travel Document, others say otherwise so I'm not sure. Hope that answers your question.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Landed in Edmonton on May 29, 2018 (living in Canada but from the US)
Been checking it every day almost obsessively for the past month. It says “submitted” on the website... I’m crossing fingers I can make a trip to the States around Aug 13/14 but I’m wondering if it’ll be cutting it close? What does everyone think?
Given that the average is 2 months, you should have your PR card by then, but even if you don't, if you're a US citizen, just your passport and COPR would be fine.

Reactions: Mseitz

Mseitz

Jul 25, 2018
Given that the average is 2 months, you should have your PR card by then, but even if you don't, if you're a US citizen, just your passport and COPR would be fine.
Thanks so much :) If I wait any longer, I'm afraid ticket prices are gonna be insanely expensive.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I'm a US citizen who moved to Canada. And I'm far from the only one. You can read on my blog more details about my stories and reason.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Thanks so much :) If I wait any longer, I'm afraid ticket prices are gonna be insanely expensive.
Yeah don't worry. When I landed, I also asked if I would need a PRTD as I knew I would likely need to return to the US to take care of some business before receiving my PR card, and the immigration officer told me don't bother. The COPR is enough proof of our PR status, and we US citizens can travel fine with just our passport and COPR, even though some airlines might question you a bit. I did have to take that trip back to the US via bus the week before my PR card arrived, and I had no trouble coming back at all.

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
You're fine. As an American citizen, you will be able to travel in/out of Canada with just your passport without a need for your PR card. Airlines are aware of this, and if they ask you about the PR card, do remind them that your passport is sufficient to enter Canada.
You can enter Canada via land border crossing on your CoPR. For other means like flight.. you need to have PRTD or PR card.

Also, since you are US citizen I think you should be fine.

stowkovski

Jul 16, 2018
You can enter Canada via land border crossing on your CoPR. For other means like flight.. you need to have PRTD or PR card.

Also, since you are US citizen I think you should be fine.
Correct. I forgot to mention that, once you reach Canada customs, you need to show your CoPR along with your Passport.

stowkovski

Jul 16, 2018
Hey, I'm currently living in Canada right now & have been for the past 2 years (I applied for permanent residency under the spouse sponsorship since my husband's Canadian) but I'm needing to go back home to the States next month. I've just been getting mixed messages about traveling without a PR for reentry into Canada. Some websites say I need a PR Travel Document, others say otherwise so I'm not sure. Hope that answers your question.
You will not need a PRTD, and Canada probably won't even issue you one if you're from the US. I am in your same situation and spent countless hours doing research. In sum: You can even go to a foreign country, and your US passport will get you back in Canada.

Last edited: