+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

eldorado1

May 28, 2018
Hi Guys,

Any inland CEC candidate who landed on June 12th got an update. The officer said I will get the card in 6 weeks, which is today July 24th.

Thanks in advance.
Hey! I also landed June 12th, and my PRC application still shows submitted. Just FYI, the officer said 6 weeks (as of the current processing time for June), however, the processing time is now actually 61 days, which is pretty standard for summer processing times.
I think late this week or early next week, we should see some movement on our files.

Last edited:
Reactions: vishalverma023

Dorina D

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2016
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront,submitted on 23-03-2017
Hi Guys,

Any inland CEC candidate who landed on June 12th got an update. The officer said I will get the card in 6 weeks, which is today July 24th.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,
I am Outland and landed in Montreal on June 9th , I updated the change of address on June 11th and still waiting. I called cic yesterday and they told its still in process. Let’s hope we will get it by end of this month

Reactions: vishalverma023

Mseitz

Jul 25, 2018
Landed in Edmonton on May 29, 2018 (living in Canada but from the US)
Been checking it every day almost obsessively for the past month. It says “submitted” on the website... I’m crossing fingers I can make a trip to the States around Aug 13/14 but I’m wondering if it’ll be cutting it close? What does everyone think?

Mseitz

Jul 25, 2018
Hey! I also landed June 12th, and my PRC application still shows submitted. Just FYI, the officer said 6 weeks (as of the current processing time for June), however, the processing time is now actually 61 days, which is pretty standard for summer processing times.
I think late this week or early next week, we should see some movement on our files.
Yeah I checked on other people’s timelines that landed in March/April, and the standard timeline was between 30-35 days. Is it really slower in the summer time then?

SergeiK

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Just an update.
Landed: May 15th
Photo request: June 27th
Photo received: July 3rd
App updated: July 25th
Approved: waiting

Dorina D

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2016
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
Hi all,
Anyone Outland who landed on June 9th or later got the PR approved or got the PR card?
Thank you

stowkovski

Jul 16, 2018
Landed in Edmonton on May 29, 2018 (living in Canada but from the US)
Been checking it every day almost obsessively for the past month. It says “submitted” on the website... I’m crossing fingers I can make a trip to the States around Aug 13/14 but I’m wondering if it’ll be cutting it close? What does everyone think?
You're fine. As an American citizen, you will be able to travel in/out of Canada with just your passport without a need for your PR card. Airlines are aware of this, and if they ask you about the PR card, do remind them that your passport is sufficient to enter Canada.

Dorina D

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2016
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
That depends mostly on what you enter in Place of Birth field..
I was able to link my application with the format Cityname,Statename with no space.
For my husband's application Cityname, Statename format with space worked.

I just followed by someone's post here to call IRCC and ask them spell out as it is in the application and it helped.
Hi ,
Thank you for the help, I was able to link the Pr card today , I wrote the place of birth as it is shown on Copr and it worked.
My Pr card still showing submitted.
Can you share your timeline please?
When did you land?
Thank you

Mseitz

Jul 25, 2018
You're fine. As an American citizen, you will be able to travel in/out of Canada with just your passport without a need for your PR card. Airlines are aware of this, and if they ask you about the PR card, do remind them that your passport is sufficient to enter Canada.
Really??? Man, they made it seem like I needed to have PR card or else. Thank you!

Dorina D

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2016
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
Anyone who got approved on July 20 received their cards yet?
Hi,
Can you share your timeline please? When did you land?
thank you,

Stewie090

Jun 14, 2018
Really??? Man, they made it seem like I needed to have PR card or else. Thank you!
No offense. But you being a US citizen planning to move to Canada? Reason I've asked is cause majority of people who are applying for PR is cause of the uncertainty with the visas and everything. Never knew, US passport holders were also considering this option. Just asking out of curiosity.

Mseitz

Jul 25, 2018
No offense. But you being a US citizen planning to move to Canada? Reason I've asked is cause majority of people who are applying for PR is cause of the uncertainty with the visas and everything. Never knew, US passport holders were also considering this option. Just asking out of curiosity.
Hey, I'm currently living in Canada right now & have been for the past 2 years (I applied for permanent residency under the spouse sponsorship since my husband's Canadian) but I'm needing to go back home to the States next month. I've just been getting mixed messages about traveling without a PR for reentry into Canada. Some websites say I need a PR Travel Document, others say otherwise so I'm not sure. Hope that answers your question.