+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Mseitz

Jul 25, 2018
You will not need a PRTD, and Canada probably won't even issue you one if you're from the US. I am in your same situation and spent countless hours doing research. In sum: You can even go to a foreign country, and your US passport will get you back in Canada.
I guess I’m just worried I’ll get in trouble or that somehow it’ll screw up my confirmed permanent residency. But thank you to all who’ve answered my concerns so far!

NM2097

Aug 30, 2017
IRCC does not mention which category it is.. but based on the posts here, I am assuming that inland candidates, who have completed their landing at one of the IRCC centers has got their PR Cards within 30-45 days.

So, Im trying to figure out if this the usual pattern.

As for the Outland candidates, as of last week, IRCC support executives mentioned that they were working on photos received on/before June 4th. But this is not the latest news as I have submitted my photos and they were delivered on June 18th. Yet, my application was approved on 17th July.
So, they might be working on photos received till June 18th.
Thanks for the info. My application got updated today. Hope it gets approved sometime next week.

Reactions: Mseitz

3bdullahibra

Jul 26, 2018
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to link my PR Card application to my CIC profile for the past few weeks with no luck. I became a PR on June 21st and the issue that I'm facing is that my country of citizenship is Stateless (according to IRCC), however, that choice is not available in the drop down menu for citizenship. Has anyone faced this issue before? I sent out a couple of emails to CIC but they keep sending me the same generic response.

Thanks for your help.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to link my PR Card application to my CIC profile for the past few weeks with no luck. I became a PR on June 21st and the issue that I'm facing is that my country of citizenship is Stateless (according to IRCC), however, that choice is not available in the drop down menu for citizenship. Has anyone faced this issue before? I sent out a couple of emails to CIC but they keep sending me the same generic response.

Thanks for your help.
What Country does it state in your COPR? And where did you come from?

fazilasadiq

Dec 30, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-05-2018
I have a question for people who got photo request for PR card.
Was your photo older than 6 months? was it not as per specifications? Lastly if we land and get photos from Canada and send them prior to photo request will it be ok?

Dorina D

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2016
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront,submitted on 23-03-2017
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your help.
Hi,
Try to choose the option name and date of birth when you try to link the application and choose the country you came from but pay attention to the place of birth it must be exact how it is written on your copr. I had the same issue but when I put the place of birth how it was on copr it worked. (Example on copr my city of birth was written twice and on capital letters) si I wrote it and I was able to link it. Hope it helps

Dorina D

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2016
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront,submitted on 23-03-2017
landed on June 4th
Hi,
Ok thank you , did you recieve the card yet?
I landed on June 9 , keep checking but still showing submited and I need to travel on August 7th :(
Let’s hope I will get it before I go

Rayzer

Mar 8, 2018
Landed - May 9th , 2018
Photo resubmission request - June 25th ,2018
Photos received - July 4th, 2018
PR Card approved - 21st July, 2018
PR Card received - 25th July , 2018

3bdullahibra

Jul 26, 2018
Hi,
Try to choose the option name and date of birth when you try to link the application and choose the country you came from but pay attention to the place of birth it must be exact how it is written on your copr. I had the same issue but when I put the place of birth how it was on copr it worked. (Example on copr my city of birth was written twice and on capital letters) si I wrote it and I was able to link it. Hope it helps
Thanks alot for your reply! Unfortunately it didn't work for me because I still have to enter a country of citizenship. I tried using United Arab Emirates and Lebanon but neither work. On my COPR it says stateless