+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Vivir_Y_Aprender

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
I have recently got my G, delivered last week.
@Sayantan86 - That is wonderful! Congratulations - My case is sadly stuck... as after getting G1 on 13th March my date for G2 was fixed for may but now I have extended it to June as I need more on-road practice once lockdown gets over... No instructor is taking classes for April...

Please let me know the tentative date when you passed G exam and date when you got the card delivered via canada post.

I thought since 'drivetest' centres are closed, they must have paused card production.. perhaps card production is on....

Also mention your city & province pls... Thanks a ton ;)

Reactions: Sayantan86

winterisnotcoming

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Guess you are in a better situation than us. Landed on March 13th Toronto, couldn't link application yet.
Btw, have you had any luck with SIN? We applied online a week ago, no updates yet.

Hi all, we are survivors (recent PR's in this crisis!), here is my timeline -

13 March 2020 - Landed at Toronto

Days In Between - Tried Linking But Could Not Link (Space, Capitalization and Spelling of 'Place of Birth' in CoPR matters, if that is incorrect, system will not find the application)

11 April 2020 - Linked application, now status shows 'Submitted'

How long does it take to get the card delivered at the postal address?
13 Days ?
30 Days ?
60 Days ?

When should I call IRCC now that I have my application number for PR card? in May?

Some people say 60 days is mandatory dispatch threshold, as after 60 days card has to be dispatched by regulation, is this true?

winterisnotcoming

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Probably we should start a new thread for SIN applications. Anyone had luck with the online application yet?
The office at airport was closed when we landed (13th March), then they asked everyone to self quarantine for 14 days and when it was over, they decided to shut all the Service Canada offices. Finally they opened online application last week, but asking for an address proof which I think is silly. How are new PRs supposed to have an address proof?
Not that I am complaining, its just very unfortunate times.

Vivir_Y_Aprender

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
Guess you are in a better situation than us. Landed on March 13th Toronto, couldn't link application yet.
Btw, have you had any luck with SIN? We applied online a week ago, no updates yet.
Sure....I landed at 5:30am in the morning and SIN booth at Toronto Pearson was open on 13th March 2020....

Yes, address proof of a friend or relative is an insane mandatory thing, as all cards are delivered by POST (old fashioned land post!) - that's so unreasonable for a rich nation like Canada, they should/could have one colletion facility office for in-person collection, its 2020 already... BUT THEY DO NOT :(

In case you can't give a friend or relative's address, either RENT A POST BOX or give the hotel's/air bnb owner's - address after you speak to the hotel owner/GM

Or you can take permission of somebody from the hotel staff to give their postal address, just take a signed declaration letter from them in case they create problems in future....

Any suggestions other forum members?

winterisnotcoming

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Sure....I landed at 5:30am in the morning and SIN booth at Toronto Pearson was open on 13th March 2020....

Yes, address proof of a friend or relative is an insane mandatory thing, as all cards are delivered by POST (old fashioned land post!) - that's so unreasonable for a rich nation like Canada, they should/could have one colletion facility office for in-person collection, its 2020 already... BUT THEY DO NOT :(

In case you can't give a friend or relative's address, either RENT A POST BOX or give the hotel's/air bnb owner's - address after you speak to the hotel owner/GM

Or you can take permission of somebody from the hotel staff to give their postal address, just take a signed declaration letter from them in case they create problems in future....

Any suggestions other forum members?
You are lucky then. Without a SIN its been worrying that there is no opportunity to start a job even if we and an employer wants to. The address proof requirement is actually worse than that. They need a proof of address of applicants not a friend or family. It must be a utility or bank statement. How are the new residents supposed to have one of those without a SIN, without a housing to look for as everything is closed and with forced quarantine. I understand its an unprecedented time and its been hard for everyone including the Service Canada workers, but I wish they address such big holes in the process.

Jabya

May 29, 2019
You are lucky then. Without a SIN its been worrying that there is no opportunity to start a job even if we and an employer wants to. The address proof requirement is actually worse than that. They need a proof of address of applicants not a friend or family. It must be a utility or bank statement. How are the new residents supposed to have one of those without a SIN, without a housing to look for as everything is closed and with forced quarantine. I understand its an unprecedented time and its been hard for everyone including the Service Canada workers, but I wish they address such big holes in the process.
I too landed on 13th March and was on airport until 2pm, SIN was open.

Jabya

May 29, 2019
Landed March 14th.

I've linked the PR application to my profile, status says "Submitted".
Well, I guess it looks like people who landed in March, will have to wait until May end to get their PR cards due to ongoing crisis.

nll

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
Well, I guess it looks like people who landed in March, will have to wait until May end to get their PR cards due to ongoing crisis.
We might...

In the meantime, I've received two OHIP card. One two weeks ago and a second one yesterday. o_O
I have to call them to understand why they sent the second one.

Vivir_Y_Aprender

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
We might...

In the meantime, I've received two OHIP card. One two weeks ago and a second one yesterday. o_O
I have to call them to understand why they sent the second one.
When you did the OHIP card registration, the address area matters, as the general physician belongs to that area... from what I know...

for example, my friend lives in Brampton, but I plan to live in Mississauga, and I give the Brampton friend's address on OHIP card for priting and post delivery... when I fall sick....the doctor (General Physician) will be from Brampton area only? Means... I will have to travel from Mississauga to Brampton... ouch

So should I wait to move to mississauga, get the mississauga address and then get OHIP card on Mississauga address?

Or get an OHIP card for an area (example - Brampton) that i do not plan to live in near future?

PLEASE HELP & SUGGEST!

As I have not applied for OHIP card as yet...

Vivir_Y_Aprender

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
Best bet - Take an address of a friend or relative and open a new bank account on that address proof. Then get SIN? god...SO COMPLICATED....

One thing I realise is that for a new comer with no friends, no family, no contact in Canada can be PAINFUL & DIFFICULT to get one's bearings.

So many people have generations of family members settled here - I AM JEALOUS OF THEM :)