+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
Does anyone know if we'll be needing our copy of COPR's after landing in Canada? As there is an expiration on it, I was wondering if this paper could still be used after it being expired. Many thanks.
keep it safe. you need it for everythingggg. Pr/health card, bank/work/sin/license while you wait on cards, citizenship, even social security benefits later in life.

Vivir_Y_Aprender

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
Does anyone know if we'll be needing our copy of COPR's after landing in Canada? As there is an expiration on it, I was wondering if this paper could still be used after it being expired. Many thanks.
COPR is the most most most PRECIOUS document. You can replace a PR card easily, but you cannot replace a COPR document easily.

Immigration officer at border told me it is more PRECIOUS than diamonds. Keep it in a locker or a safety deposit box! Its that precious.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
BTW for immigrants waiting for any LOCAL ID, don't get a photo card...as - To apply for an Ontario photo card, you must be a non-driving resident of Ontario, 16 years of age and over. If you have a driver's licence, you must surrender your driver's licence in order to apply for a photo card. Your Driver's licence will be cancelled.

G1 Card is better than Ontario Photo Card.
G1 Exam is super easy.

Wait for drivetest to open....
How long did you take to revise the booklet for the G1 knowledge test?

I've been slacking off, i need to get this stuff done now lol.

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
Last edited:
Reactions: Islander216

Vivir_Y_Aprender

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
How long did you take to revise the booklet for the G1 knowledge test?

I've been slacking off, i need to get this stuff done now lol.
If you want to sail through your G1 license knowledge test, get the premium version at https://www.g1.ca/ - it has a whole learning kit. It's cheap and you will not regret spending the dollas as their learning package is very strong. Take out 1hr everyday and you are set!

I am waiting to resume my on road classes... I have my road test to get G2 in June. Hope things open up, otherwise I will hape to postpone it to August.

EVERYTHING IS GETTING DELAYED! UGH :( :(

March 2020 PR's have not experienced a normal Canada. We have experienced a different type of Canada :(

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
It really hasn't been a normal experience for us.

We're struggling to get documents that would ordinarily be very straightfoward to get.

But i guess we are still the lucky ones because many have not been able to land right after us.

Last edited:

winterisnotcoming

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
The officer who signed it while landing said you will need it until retirement (even if you are citizen).

Jabya

May 29, 2019
Hey guys, can anyone help me - How to change address for PR card delivery if your application is in progress? (I landed on 13th March)

winterisnotcoming

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Hey guys, can anyone help me - How to change address for PR card delivery if your application is in progress? (I landed on 13th March)
Login to CIC, below your application you will see a link for "Link an existing application to this account". Choose PR card and Use your COPR to fill the form. Let me know if you are able to link it, because I couldn't. For others it says "Submitted".

Reactions: Jabya

Jabya

May 29, 2019
I have already linked it to my CIC account! Status is submitted. My question is - How to change address for PR card delivery if your application is in progress? (I landed on 13th March)