+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Vivir_Y_Aprender

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
Hi all, we are survivors (recent PR's in this crisis!), here is my timeline -

13 March 2020 - Landed at Toronto

Days In Between - Tried Linking But Could Not Link (Space, Capitalization and Spelling of 'Place of Birth' in CoPR matters, if that is incorrect, system will not find the application)

11 April 2020 - Linked application, now status shows 'Submitted'

How long does it take to get the card delivered at the postal address?
13 Days ?
30 Days ?
60 Days ?

When should I call IRCC now that I have my application number for PR card? in May?

Some people say 60 days is mandatory dispatch threshold, as after 60 days card has to be dispatched by regulation, is this true?

elbonia

Jul 31, 2018
When should I call IRCC now that I have my application number for PR card? in May?
IRCC phone lines are closed since COVID, so you will need to use a webform.

That said, seeing what is happening, there's no reason to panic right now - I can't imagine there are many people processing PR cards right now (on top of Easter) - so the delays posted on the website aren't realistic.

I honestly think people who landed in early March and haven't received their PR card are looking at an indefinite delay and will probably be very lucky if there is any movement before May let alone June.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Don't send a webform before 180 days.

That's the max timeline for the PR card.

We're a bit unlucky because processing times were average 2 weeks for delivery before the outbreak. Now it could take months.

The good thing is there probably aren't that many applicants for the moment, so they should be able to get through it pretty quickly.

Reactions: Jabya

Vivir_Y_Aprender

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
Thanks @Islander216 and @elbonia for your inputs. I think best strategy is to wait only.

But I am considering raising a webform after 2 months, as 6 months(180 days) is too long a time to not seek any updates from IRCC.

We have invested so much of our time, effort and finances in becoming a PR so we should seek updates every 2-3 months.

Let's see if they entertain or reply to our webform query at that stage... hope they do! :(

Lets be proactive!

TC everyone...

Reactions: Islander216

Vivir_Y_Aprender

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
Additionally, Six weeks is the deadline to receive PR card AFTER IT HAS BEEN DISPATCHED VIA REGULAR POST.

Are there any cases/forum members here that have filled the 'solemn declaration' form as IRCC asks candidates -

"If you are waiting for your PR card and six weeks have passed from the time the card WAS MAILED TO YOU and you did not get it, you must complete a solemn declaration. Mailing instructions are provided at the bottom of the form.

Note: if 180 days have passed since the PR card was mailed, you will have to apply for a PR card, fill in section G (solemn declaration), and include the fee payment.

Are these category candidates also WAITING IN VAIN? Please say no!!!! :(

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Additionally, Six weeks is the deadline to receive PR card AFTER IT HAS BEEN DISPATCHED VIA REGULAR POST.

Are there any cases/forum members here that have filled the 'solemn declaration' form as IRCC asks candidates -

"If you are waiting for your PR card and six weeks have passed from the time the card WAS MAILED TO YOU and you did not get it, you must complete a solemn declaration. Mailing instructions are provided at the bottom of the form.

Note: if 180 days have passed since the PR card was mailed, you will have to apply for a PR card, fill in section G (solemn declaration), and include the fee payment.

Are these category candidates also WAITING IN VAIN? Please say no!!!! :(
I'd be careful about that, i don't think the six week period factors in the delays caused by the pandemic.

Vivir_Y_Aprender

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
I'd be careful about that, i don't think the six week period factors in the delays caused by the pandemic.
This solemn declaration form is for candidates whose PR Card application is APPROVED and card is DISPATCHED via Canada Post. Then six weeks pass. not before application approval.

Sadly, my PR card application is only on ' Submitted' status currently.

I can only raise a 'status-update request message' via webform after two months post landing.
They might just answer standard 'Under process' - but some answer is better than no answer.
Let's see...

Anyone who gets their PR card delivery, please post here!

Also,
QUESTION - all MARCH 2020 PR LANDING PPL - did you get your g1/g2 card delivered via post YET or is that also delayed?

Jabya

May 29, 2019
What If my pr card is delayed, and I have to go out for some emergency, Can I can come back in Canada without PR card? if not what are the options?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
What If my pr card is delayed, and I have to go out for some emergency, Can I can come back in Canada without PR card? if not what are the options?
You need to apply for pr travel document from the country you are visiting from canadian embassy
Due to Covid-19 the embassies might be closed or will take more time to process the travel document

Jabya

May 29, 2019
You need to apply for pr travel document from the country you are visiting from canadian embassy
Due to Covid-19 the embassies might be closed or will take more time to process the travel document
Is there any condition/eligibility
for applying this document? minimum residence or something like that?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Is there any condition/eligibility
for applying this document? minimum residence or something like that?
Yes absolutely. When you file the paperwork you need to declare your 5 years history etc
Looks like you are new immigrant thus you won't face any issues thus file paperwork accordingly

Jabya

May 29, 2019
Yes absolutely. When you file the paperwork you need to declare your 5 years history etc
Looks like you are new immigrant thus you won't face any issues thus file paperwork accordingly
Thanks! Would you mind sharing link where eligibility/condition is mentioned. I could only find page where application package details are given.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
This solemn declaration form is for candidates whose PR Card application is APPROVED and card is DISPATCHED via Canada Post. Then six weeks pass. not before application approval.

I can only raise a 'status-update request message' via webform after two months post landing.
They might just answer standard 'Under process' - but some answer is better than no answer.
Let's see...

Also,
QUESTION - all MARCH 2020 PR LANDING PPL - did you get your g1/g2 card delivered via post YET or is that also delayed?
Yeah, but my point is everything is being delayed, the fabrication of the PR cards, the post, everything.

So even if your card is approved, you don't know when it will be sent and when it will be received. The delays apply to all parts of the process.

Poem159

Apr 12, 2020
Hi do you know long it takes to mail the card after its sent to production?
I called cic and they told me that it was sent on 10th April.
Hi Navprateek,

can u pls update about your case? After submitting all records of peace bond and case withdrawal have you got your pr? Pls update since im in same situation.
Thanks

Sayantan86

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019

Let's see...

Also,
I have recently got my G, delivered last week.