+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

tamiidj94

Jul 4, 2018
The agent on call told me my card has been "approved" and sent for printing as of today. My GCKey says "reviewing your application" and "reviewing eligibility"
Idk what to believe lol
Hmm maybe different situations then, I just don't understand where my cards have gone :( and I don't know why I got another pre arrival letter...

SaW123

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
And I thought after becoming a permanent resident and landing in Canada I was done with IRCC for at least a few years but no.. NIGHTMARE lol

jayryz

Star Member
Jul 24, 2018
i was about to update my SIN using my copr but i cant get a new one because theres an error on my file think irrcc mistakes now they applied me for the manual one to get my sin is there anyone facing the sa same issue

inmike

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Hi everyone,
Did you have any update?
I will send the solemn declaration next week. Please keep me posted
My PR card has never arrived to my mailing address after more than 6 weeks (even though I had no problem receiving Health Card from the provincial gov't).

I have signed the solemn declaration of the never-received card and faxed it to the processing centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia but have not heard back from them for almost 2 weeks now.

Any of you used to be in the same situation and what are the processes?

Thanks in advance!

nomad26

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Hi all, quick update on my family's PR cards:
Landed at Toronto Pearson 17th Oct
Ghost update 8th Nov
PR cards approved & mailed 12th Nov
PR cards received 15th Nov
Took 29 days in total from landing date. Unfortunately we have already left Canada so will be looking at getting it sent via courier.
Cheers!

Eddie1993

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
App. Filed.......
18-04-2019
AOR Received.
30-05-2019
Hello, I need someone's urgent assistance in regards to this matter. I just recently lost my PR, looked for it everywhere and could not locate it. I applied for a new one, but guess what? I forgot to include the proof of payment with the package :(:(, my assumption is that they will most likely send back the application and if i do send it back then it will probably take at least a month to process it. I'm supposed to leave the country by December 11th to see my mom who has been sick for quite sometime now. My question is, can I leave the country without a PR? and when I reach my destination apply for a PR travel document?

jacam

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
i was about to update my SIN using my copr but i cant get a new one because theres an error on my file think irrcc mistakes now they applied me for the manual one to get my sin is there anyone facing the sa same issue
I had the same issue. you will get the new SIN mailed to you in about a month, nothing to worry about.

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Hello, I need someone's urgent assistance in regards to this matter. I just recently lost my PR, looked for it everywhere and could not locate it. I applied for a new one, but guess what? I forgot to include the proof of payment with the package :(:(, my assumption is that they will most likely send back the application and if i do send it back then it will probably take at least a month to process it. I'm supposed to leave the country by December 11th to see my mom who has been sick for quite sometime now. My question is, can I leave the country without a PR? and when I reach my destination apply for a PR travel document?
You can of course leave the country - the PR card is only for when you want to return to Canada on commercial transport (plane, ship, bus). You should be able to apply for PR travel documents anywhere outside Canada - but processing time can vary a lot and could be quite long. I would suggest that you do two things 1) Check for all the documents/info you need to apply for the PRTD and 2) Contact the relevant visa office and check how long the processing will take.

All the best.

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Hi , what are the options if we can't stay more than a month in Canada after the first landing?
1) Have the PR cards mailed to an address of someone you trust, have then courier it to your location (Note: Believe IRCC discourages this)
Or
2) Apply for a PR travel document from outside Canada when you wish to to come back. The time taken for this seems quite variable, so might be worthwhile to check with your local visa office of you go down this route.

Also, a month might be just short to get the PR card, based on recent observations and seeing that processing times appear to lengthening.

All the best.

Reactions: Hania17

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019

Hania17

Sep 6, 2019
1) Have the PR cards mailed to an address of someone you trust, have then courier it to your location (Note: Believe IRCC discourages this)
Or
2) Apply for a PR travel document from outside Canada when you wish to to come back. The time taken for this seems quite variable, so might be worthwhile to check with your local visa office of you go down this route.

Also, a month might be just short to get the PR card, based on recent observations and seeing that processing times appear to lengthening.

All the best.
Thank you.

Applicant1984

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
09-02-2019
Recieved pr cards last Friday 15th nov, I.e. within 4 working days of mailing them.