+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

yash91pathak

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
Got a ghost update on my application today - I did my landing on Nov 3. What is the general timeline after ghost update for PR Card being approved and mailed out?

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
Got a ghost update on my application today - I did my landing on Nov 3. What is the general timeline after ghost update for PR Card being approved and mailed out?
a few days (3-5) in general. You should receive your card by end of next week.

Reactions: yash91pathak

Paki99

Jan 16, 2019
Got a status update on GCKey today that my application has been approved and PR card has been mailed out. They also mentioned it can take upto six weeks for the card(s) to be delivered. Should I expect to receive it within a week?
Hey There, I also got that E Mail on 8th November which asked me to update my Canadian Address. I did it the next day. I landed on 29th September. Have you received your card? Plus, which state are you in? I am in British Columbia. I cannot link my PR Card application to my IRCC account, have tried multiple times in the last three days but no success. So do not know what is the status of my PR Card application.

SaW123

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
The best advice I can give anyone on here facing problems is to CALL THE CALL CENTRE. Whenever I have called them I didn't have to wait more than 5 minutes. The agents were very helpful and gave me up to date and accurate information (at least with PR card application). I once called three days in a row and the agents were still polite and kept on updating me on my PR card application. Call the call centre and tell them to update your Canadian address. It's quicker than sending a webform. They will update your address on call right away. Tell them you can't link your PR card application to your GCKey account. Lastly ask them about any update on your PR card application. They will tell you if it has been approved/sent for printing/mailed to you etc. Be polite and they will help you. They even sent me an email regarding a travel document in case I need to travel and don't get my PR card in time. Application timeline is in my signature.

Reactions: Donmi

Tom0712

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hi, I have received the PR Card, the journey officially ends today. Timeline in my signature.

Wish everyone the best...

Cheers

Donmi

Jan 14, 2018
The best advice I can give anyone on here facing problems is to CALL THE CALL CENTRE. Whenever I have called them I didn't have to wait more than 5 minutes. The agents were very helpful and gave me up to date and accurate information (at least with PR card application). I once called three days in a row and the agents were still polite and kept on updating me on my PR card application. Call the call centre and tell them to update your Canadian address. It's quicker than sending a webform. They will update your address on call right away. Tell them you can't link your PR card application to your GCKey account. Lastly ask them about any update on your PR card application. They will tell you if it has been approved/sent for printing/mailed to you etc. Be polite and they will help you. They even sent me an email regarding a travel document in case I need to travel and don't get my PR card in time. Application timeline is in my signature.
thank you for sharing the helpful advice! May I ask what kind of travel document if needed before the receiving PR card?

rahatil

May 17, 2019
Landed on Nov 06 and got ghost updates in each (Me and Wife) profile on 22 Nov. Still waiting though. I have left Canada already so kind of worried if they ask for photo again Idk what to do.

Second Chance

May 5, 2016
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Got updated in my cic account. PR was approved and got mailed already. Hopefully will receive within this week or next week. Landed Nov 7 with my 2 dependents.

yash91pathak

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
a few days (3-5) in general. You should receive your card by end of next week.
My application got approved yesteraday with details regarding my PR card and my profile mentioned that they have mailed the card. Time line as below

Nov 3 - Landed
Nov 20 - Ghost update
Nov 25 - CIC portal updated with details of PR card and message saying that the PR card has been mailed out
Nov 26 - Recevied email that m y profile was updated.

Waiting to get the pr card now...

yash91pathak

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
Quick Question for some one who has done soft-landing and had someone else receive the PR Card - Does canadapost require any signature by the recepient ? Or do they just drop it off in the mailbox?