+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

forw.jane

Star Member
Apr 29, 2019
what does the envelope for PR card look like? Does it say IRCC on the envelope ?
Its a white envelope with Canada written on the Top left and back of it. There are two transparent section. Your address is visible thru one section and the other would have "Case Processing Centre-PRC...". The Letter inside actually has IRCC written on the top left which is not visible when its inside the envelope.

Sep 24, 2019
What does the Ghost Update look like. I got a change in the status in the Current Status from 'Submitted' to 'application / profile updated'. And when I opened it, no updation was inside the profile. And on refreshing the page, again the status is showing as 'Submitted'. Is this is called Ghost Update..?? And how much time from now onwards it will take for the delivery of my PR card. Please revert.

forw.jane

Star Member
Apr 29, 2019
What does the Ghost Update look like. I got a change in the status in the Current Status from 'Submitted' to 'application / profile updated'. And when I opened it, no updation was inside the profile. And on refreshing the page, again the status is showing as 'Submitted'. Is this is called Ghost Update..?? And how much time from now onwards it will take for the delivery of my PR card. Please revert.
Yes this is Ghost Update. After this your application status should get changed to Approved in a day or two with a message card is mailed. You should receive the card within 4 day's under ideal situation.

xyq140642

Star Member
Apr 29, 2018
finally received my pr card in mail box.
My timeline

Landing in Carway boarder Sept 14
Approved and Mailed Oct 7
Received Oct 11
(in the meantime, I called CIC right after 15 days were over, they left a message to processed officer, a few days later, raised a webform as well, 5-7 days later webform respond that alread mailed out)

AshlynJ

Mar 11, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-04-2019
Passport Req..
02-07-2019
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2019
LANDED..........
12-10-2019
I landed on the 2nd of October in Toronto. The immigration officer asked me to hand write the address to which my card should go, which I did. I have been unable to link my PR card application to my account, and this morning decided to call to check that everything was alright.I got a helpful agent, and she checked my address - there were actually two mistakes, one of which was the postcode. She told me the card was being processed I should get it 17 days after my landing date - i.e., the 18th of October. The agent said it was lucky I called, or else the card would have gotten lost in the mail. I have my fingers crossed now :)
Hi
Whats the number you called?

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Hi
Whats the number you called?
Just the normal IRCC number: 1-888-242-2100.
I believe I chose the option of apply for a PR card then the one to speak to an agent.

Reactions: AshlynJ

andygill11

May 5, 2018
Landed on Sep 25th, have not received my PR card and can not link my application to cic account whatsoever. Tried using place of birth exactly as mentioned in passport. What am I doing wrong while linking? I noticed my place of birth on COPR has my city and a shortened form of my state/province like "xxx, Punj" while my passport has complete city and state/province name. Can anyone help me in this regard? Thanks

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Landed on Sep 25th, have not received my PR card and can not link my application to cic account whatsoever. Tried using place of birth exactly as mentioned in passport. What am I doing wrong while linking? I noticed my place of birth on COPR has my city and a shortened form of my state/province like "xxx, Punj" while my passport has complete city and state/province name. Can anyone help me in this regard? Thanks
I had similar issues with the linking. My COPR had my city of birth followed by the first letter of my state. What worked for me was that I typed in the city and the state (there was no comma for me). I spent ages trying different combinations - until it dawned on me that possibly the field had limited visibility but was storing the whole thing. For what it's worth, in my COPR it was all caps.

Reactions: andygill11

andygill11

May 5, 2018
I had similar issues with the linking. My COPR had my city of birth followed by the first letter of my state. What worked for me was that I typed in the city and the state (there was no comma for me). I spent ages trying different combinations - until it dawned on me that possibly the field had limited visibility but was storing the whole thing. For what it's worth, in my COPR it was all caps.
Thanks for your reply. In my passport it is in this format: "CITY, STATE" (all caps, a comma after city, then a space, followed by state). Tried that but no luck. Also I landed on Sep 25th, that is the date we put in the column asking "when did you become a PR" right? I am trying with UCI and Family Name.

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Thanks for your reply. In my passport it is in this format: "CITY, STATE" (all caps, a comma after city, then a space, followed by state). Tried that but no luck. Also I landed on Sep 25th, that is the date we put in the column asking "when did you become a PR" right? I am trying with UCI and Family Name.
I would follow what's on your COPR to decide whether it's all caps or not and whether you should include a comma and/or a space.

The date of landing is the date you became a PR (and should say this on the COPR). For what it's worth, for me it went through either with the UCI/family name or the Date of Birth, Given, and Family name options (I was alternating between them). I think the best option, if you haven't already, is to call and ask. When I told the agent I couldn't link my PR application, one agent said for some applications the link just doesn't work and there's no fix.... If she was right, you may be one of the unlucky ones....

jacam

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
just type the "xxx" in full and it should work, do not include "Punj"

Varun7172

May 18, 2017
Hi
I was having same issue. Just try putting state as PUNJAB beside of PUNJ. This will work.

ish2110

Apr 5, 2019
Aachen
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-12-2018
Nomination.....
Ishrat Badami
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Passport Req..
24-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
LANDED..........
ON
Yes my application got approved today(3rd Oct) with message - "We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive."
Your application should also get approved in a day or two.
Did you get the PR card already? My application was approved on 9th October but still no post. I am worried that the post might be lost.

Gingerbiscuit

Apr 16, 2019
Hi guys, we landed on the 28th September in Toronto, we still do not have any ghost update. Anyone else still waiting or received their cards ? With the same time line.