Ask_Arsh

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Winnipeg, MB
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2018
LANDED..........
12-06-2018
I am currently on PGWP and working as a essential worker from last 10 Months: Currently working 40 hr/week.

-Can I use my study permit hours which are 20 Hours/week, towards TR to PR in a essential -non healthcare job?
- Can I use 20 hr/week towards 1560 hours?
Yes you can use your study permit hours for the pathway. However you can only use 30 hrs max for a week which means that you have to work for a min of 1 year. If you work 40 hrs/week or 60 hrs per week - IRCC will consider only 30 hrs per week no additional hours

sammy0024

Jan 24, 2021
Yes you can use your study permit hours for the pathway. However you can only use 30 hrs max for a week which means that you have to work for a min of 1 year. If you work 40 hrs/week or 60 hrs per week - IRCC will consider only 30 hrs per week no additional hours
But my question is I worked 20 hr/week during my study permit, which are not 30hr/week. So can I add those hours in 1560? And can you suggest that should I wait for EE draw as my 1 year experience is going to complete on May 26, or should I apply in TR to PR pathway. My crs score is 394

Ask_Arsh

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Winnipeg, MB
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2018
LANDED..........
12-06-2018
But my question is I worked 20 hr/week during my study permit, which are not 30hr/week. So can I add those hours in 1560? And can you suggest that should I wait for EE draw as my 1 year experience is going to complete on May 26, or should I apply in TR to PR pathway. My crs score is 394
Yes you can count the hours you worked on study permit. I’d go for the TR to PR pathway. CRS score doesn’t seem very high

Ajay. Goyal

Star Member
Jun 17, 2019
I am currently on PGWP and working as a essential worker from last 10 Months: Currently working 40 hr/week.

-Can I use my study permit hours which are 20 Hours/week, towards TR to PR in a essential -non healthcare job?
- Can I use 20 hr/week towards 1560 hours?
Yes.

Reactions: sammy0024

Neetu78

Apr 27, 2021
BUT, Temporary public policies says the following:
To calculate your hours of work experience
  • count the hours worked in part-time and full-time jobs
  • don’t count hours you weren’t paid for (volunteering and unpaid internships don’t count)
  • don’t count hours when you were self-employed
    • Exception: Count hours when you worked as a medical doctor in a fee-for-service arrangement with a health authority.
WHERE: It is written that -- you can only use 30 hrs max for a week ?

Reactions: Fabiog

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
  • don’t count hours you weren’t paid for (volunteering and unpaid internships don’t count)
    • Exception: Count hours when you worked as a medical doctor in a fee-for-service arrangement with a health authority.
How long have you worked, months ?

epic_within

May 13, 2021
1. It would be great if they can. You don’t have to write an explanation letter with the NOC Codes then.
2. Per my understanding, Yes 30 hrs max to complete the first full year and then if it is more spread out, then add all.
3. Right
4. Right
5. Right - No need to be licensed
6. I think you need letters from each employer you are putting in file to show the record of employment. That would be the best evidence to your claims of 1560 hours
Thanks for the detailed information @Ask_Arsh. But the 2nd point confuses me. I know people assume that the 30-hour cap is the same as CEC but it doesn't mention anywhere on the TR to PR page.

And what do you mean by "if it is more spread out, then add all"?

The website only states that counted hours (=1,560) should be over at least 12 months (and not anything lesser).

In my case, I have worked as an essential worker since September 2019 and I'm close to 1,560 hours. Since I was a student, I was mostly part-time (except for the time between exams and the next semester). During the pandemic, international students were allowed to work full-time but we can't count anything over 30 hours/week? Because if that's the case, I'm a bit behind.

I'm lost here. Any thoughts?

bvm267

May 13, 2015
Guys. I have worked 20 hours per week as an non-healthcare essential worker since 2017 under my student permit. So, I got the hours required for the new policy. I recently graduated last week and I'm waiting for my graduation letter and transcript. The question is: can I apply for this stream first and still be able to apply for the PGWP once I get the letter and transcripts in the following weeks?

epic_within

May 13, 2021
Guys. I have worked 20 hours per week as an non-healthcare essential worker since 2017 under my student permit. So, I got the hours required for the new policy. I recently graduated last week and I'm waiting for my graduation letter and transcript. The question is: can I apply for this stream first and still be able to apply for the PGWP once I get the letter and transcripts in the following weeks?
Yup. You don't need PGWP to apply for this stream. You can use your study permit as proof of status in Canada. Here are all the documents you'll need: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5069-temporary-resident-permanent-resident-pathway.html

Reactions: Mandeep_8853

Mandeep_8853

May 15, 2021
I am still confused in number of hours that are required for essential worker stream. my question is do I need total 1560 hours to be eligible for this stream, doesn’t matter I worked full time or part time. Or I must have one year experience in relevant occupation. can I use 40hrs/ per week , if I have one year of experience as a essential worker even I’m a student. can anyone help me out of this?..

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
you are not wrong here because the website does not mention 30 hours per week.
As long as you worked52 weeks in an essential job I am also confused about what is written on the website.
What if you didnt read the CEC website, for example, and you just opened this stream for the first time you would think ok so I need 1 year and 1560 hours.