+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TR to PR Pathway; essential non health care. Counting of hours

epic_within

May 13, 2021
you are not wrong here because the website does not mention 30 hours per week.
As long as you worked52 weeks in an essential job I am also confused about what is written on the website.
What if you didnt read the CEC website, for example, and you just opened this stream for the first time you would think ok so I need 1 year and 1560 hours.
Not sure if it helps but this is IRCC's reply to the query:

They still don't say anything about the 30 hour/week restriction for counting of hours...

Danish Dev

May 9, 2021
I got the same reply, but still not sure. They just copy paste the documented phrase. At some point I am feeling like even the members who are handling these Twitter accounts, they aren’t sure about this. Might be the visa officer only knows about it. Sound funny I think.

Fahimsask

Jun 8, 2019
I got the same reply, but still not sure. They just copy paste the documented phrase. At some point I am feeling like even the members who are handling these Twitter accounts, they aren’t sure about this. Might be the visa officer only knows about it. Sound funny I think.
Bro I called IRCC and they told me that they would count all the hours we worked as long as they were under essential stream and paid...

Neetu78

Apr 27, 2021
Bro I called IRCC and they told me that they would count all the hours we worked as long as they were under essential stream and paid...
It is always good to have written confirmation from IRCC. Did you got any written confirmation ? please ?

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
There is different between working with Student Permit and Working Permit .

Base on SP, you are not allowed to work more than 30hrs, which will be counted as full-time.

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. One more thing, during time when I was allowed to work only 40hours/biweekly, at that I worked more than 40 like 45 for only two pay stubs. Do you think it would be issue. It’s only for two pay stubs.
It will be a problem, you are on SP, you cannot work more than 30hrs. (also your employer violated the Regulations and Acts)

Neetu78

Apr 27, 2021
There is different between working with Student Permit and Working Permit .

Base on SP, you are not allowed to work more than 30hrs, which will be counted as full-time.
Please read IRCC Web page #: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/work-off-campus.html
How many hours you can work off campus
During regular school terms/semesters
You can work up to 20 hours per week.
During scheduled breaks in the school year
You can work full-time if you’re on a scheduled break, such as winter and summer holidays, or a fall or spring reading week. You’re free to work overtime or work 2 part-time jobs that add up to a higher than usual number of hours.

You must be a full-time student both before and after the break to work full-time.
You can’t work during a break that comes before you start your very first school semester.

How many hours count as full-time work
There is no set number of hours per week that counts as ‘full-time’ work. However, your employer(s) must follow all provincial laws on overtime pay and time between shifts.

If your program doesn’t have scheduled breaks
You can work up to 20 hours per week.
As per IRCC: There is no set number of hours per week that counts as ‘full-time’ work
Where it is written that you are NOT allowed to work more than 30hrs on STUDY PERMIT ?

Neetu78

Apr 27, 2021
It will be a problem, you are on SP, you cannot work more than 30hrs. (also your employer violated the Regulations and Acts)
On study permit one can work NO more than 20 hours per week.
BUT, during regular scheduled breaks / reading weeks, one can work as many hours one want to. However, employer(s) must follow all provincial laws on overtime pay and time between shifts.

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
On study permit one can work NO more than 20 hours per week.
BUT, during regular scheduled breaks / reading weeks, one can work as many hours one want to. However, employer(s) must follow all provincial laws on overtime pay and time between shifts.
Yes, then you need LOE and letter of employment that the proofs. We think from our side, they think from other side :)

Neetu78

Apr 27, 2021
Yes, then you need LOE and letter of employment that the proofs. We think from our side, they think from other side :)
Of course, the burden of providing documents is on our side. But, that doesn't mean employer violated the laws. :)