+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TR to PR Pathway; essential non health care. Counting of hours

Arunrahul

Jan 19, 2019
The 1 year of work experience can be acquired through multiple periods of employment but must equal at least 1,560 hours in the 3 years before the application for permanent residence is received. Work experience must be acquired over a period of at least 1 year; work in excess of 30 hours per week over a shorter period cannot compensate for any shorter overall period of experience

Lulu Zarate

Jun 15, 2021
Is the 1-year co-op experience valid to apply to this migration program? I have 1-year co-op experience and 4-month part-time experience. Also, before the 1-year co-op experience, I worked part-time as a cashier for 11 months, can it count to apply for this program? Thank you!

Gagan224

Dec 27, 2018
India
Hey ,i am eligible for essential non helath stream ,but i have more than 20 hours work on one paystub during study time .can anyone help that i can apply or not ?

Danish Dev

May 9, 2021
@Ask_Arsh @canuck78 1)My employer gave me reference cum experience letter, but it is not on letterhead. Do you think it would be valid? My employer is saying that they don’t have letterheads anymore.

2) Secondly, in reference letter he hasn’t mentioned the annual salary and benefit, it was supposed to be mentioned according to the guidelines of TR to Pr. My employer is saying, as I worked for only 6months, so no need to mention annual salary. Moreover, I can see that on my t4. Is it so?

3) As I worked 45 hours during my reading week, do I need any proof from college stating the dates of reading week or the visa officer will contact college?

4) I started my course 1year course in Jan 2020, completed my first semester by April 2020, then had vacation of 15-20 days, before starting my next semester after 15-20days. During that days, are we allowed to work full time? If yes, how can I mention this to visa officer?

Please help me with your valuable response. I would appreciate your guidance. Thank you

Regards,
Danish Dev

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Guys Can anybody tell me during, my study period like other students (on Study Permit), I have also worked more than 20hrs/week because Government has removed the barriers from April 22, 2020 but anybody knows till what time it the restriction was lifted? or it is lifted till today?

For the Reference, I have shared the link, https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/04/removing-barriers-for-international-students-working-in-essential-services-to-fight-covid-19.html

Thank You
As per the link that was just until August 30, 2020. After that you could only work 20 hours per week.

Reactions: marslan

marslan

Star Member
Aug 26, 2018
@Ask_Arsh @canuck78 1)My employer gave me reference cum experience letter, but it is not on letterhead. Do you think it would be valid? My employer is saying that they don’t have letterheads anymore.

2) Secondly, in reference letter he hasn’t mentioned the annual salary and benefit, it was supposed to be mentioned according to the guidelines of TR to Pr. My employer is saying, as I worked for only 6months, so no need to mention annual salary. Moreover, I can see that on my t4. Is it so?

3) As I worked 45 hours during my reading week, do I need any proof from college stating the dates of reading week or the visa officer will contact college?

4) I started my course 1year course in Jan 2020, completed my first semester by April 2020, then had vacation of 15-20 days, before starting my next semester after 15-20days. During that days, are we allowed to work full time? If yes, how can I mention this to visa officer?

Please help me with your valuable response. I would appreciate your guidance. Thank you

Regards,
Danish Dev
Unless You have your ROE, Paystubs and T4 (if applicable), I don't see any harm in this! all they need is a legit prove that you really worked there.

marslan

Star Member
Aug 26, 2018
Hi Guys, Can anybody please clear the confusion about working hours for TR_PR Pathway. Plenty of information is available but not to the point, there are too many views regarding it.

Can anybody please confirm that if I have total hours of 1560 (For Essential Non-Health Worker)
It includes Statutory Holidays, Vacation Holidays, Weekly 20-35 hours, and number of year > 1

Are those enough for the Stream B (Non-Essential Health Worker) to claim the PR or I have to subtract the vacation, stat holidays, and those hours which are greater than 30/week from the total hours?

Although, the letter from my employer states that average weekly < 30.

Any Legit experienced person, especially who have similar kind of cases and got AOR/eCOPR?

Niks klassen

Jun 22, 2021
Hello everyone,

I want to ask something about the total working hours and its relation to current job.

I want to apply in essential worker stream of TR to PR pathway, as I have worked total 910 hours as a part time flex Cashier (NOC 6611) at WALMART, July 2019 – December2020.
Currently, I am working as a CNC Machinist (NOC 7231) and have already completed 750 hours, from January 2021 to till. My question is Can I add my current employment hours to fulfill 11560 hours requirements?
If anybody can help me that would be appreciated.
Thank you for your precious time.
REGARDS
NIKS

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

I want to ask something about the total working hours and its relation to current job.

I want to apply in essential worker stream of TR to PR pathway, as I have worked total 910 hours as a part time flex Cashier (NOC 6611) at WALMART, July 2019 – December2020.
Currently, I am working as a CNC Machinist (NOC 7231) and have already completed 750 hours, from January 2021 to till. My question is Can I add my current employment hours to fulfill 11560 hours requirements?
If anybody can help me that would be appreciated.
Thank you for your precious time.
REGARDS
NIKS
All of the hours need to be under a qualifying NOC. So the answer is no, you cannot add your CNC machinist hours to your cashier hours.

Danish Dev

May 9, 2021
Working more than 20 hours under the public policy announced last year shouldn’t be an issue. Just write a letter of explanation stating that you worked more from this time to this under this public policy. Make sure you quote the policy from their website so that the officer knows
@Ask_Arsh i am on implied status, waiting for my PGWP. What shall I enter my current status in forms of TR TO PR. Should it be, Student/Worker/Other(maintained). Please anyone help.

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
Hi Guys, Can anybody please clear the confusion about working hours for TR_PR Pathway. Plenty of information is available but not to the point, there are too many views regarding it.

Can anybody please confirm that if I have total hours of 1560 (For Essential Non-Health Worker)
It includes Statutory Holidays, Vacation Holidays, Weekly 20-35 hours, and number of year > 1

Are those enough for the Stream B (Non-Essential Health Worker) to claim the PR or I have to subtract the vacation, stat holidays, and those hours which are greater than 30/week from the total hours?

Although, the letter from my employer states that average weekly < 30.

Any Legit experienced person, especially who have similar kind of cases and got AOR/eCOPR?
Hi,
Yes you can add statutory holiday hours and paid vacation hours.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
i am also on implied status, waiting for my Work permit under HSW pilot
Program. What should I enter as my current status in the form for TR to PR. Should i write, Student/Worker/Other(maintained)?