+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TR to PR Pathway; essential non health care. Counting of hours

Danish Dev

May 9, 2021
Hi there,

I have worked part time from Jan 2020 to April2020. Later after changes in guidelines, I worked more than 20 hours at different essential jobs. The hours was fluctuate during that temporary guideline.

Now whilst applying TR to PR, they have asked a letter from employer stating hours worked/week. But how can I show visa officer that Perhaps, as a student I worked for 20/hours in week, nonetheless I worked more than 20Hours during special working allowance to students during pandemic, which now eventually make me eligible to apply under this stream. Any lead would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
Danish

Loli21

May 8, 2021
Hello Danish , I’m in the same boat . Are you still currently a student ? You might need to ask your employer to write that and submit in the application .

Danish Dev

May 9, 2021
@Loli21. Yeah I am still a student. You mean my employers has to write down my total hours? Is that what you mean? Did you discussed this with any lawyer or someone?

Secondly, I worked more than 20 hours (in two pay check) before this allowance by Govt to work full time. Do you think it would be fine?

Ask_Arsh

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Winnipeg, MB
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2018
LANDED..........
12-06-2018
@Loli21. Yeah I am still a student. You mean my employers has to write down my total hours? Is that what you mean? Did you discussed this with any lawyer or someone?

Secondly, I worked more than 20 hours (in two pay check) before this allowance by Govt to work full time. Do you think it would be fine?
Working more than 20 hours under the public policy announced last year shouldn’t be an issue. Just write a letter of explanation stating that you worked more from this time to this under this public policy. Make sure you quote the policy from their website so that the officer knows

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there,

I have worked part time from Jan 2020 to April2020. Later after changes in guidelines, I worked more than 20 hours at different essential jobs. The hours was fluctuate during that temporary guideline.

Now whilst applying TR to PR, they have asked a letter from employer stating hours worked/week. But how can I show visa officer that Perhaps, as a student I worked for 20/hours in week, nonetheless I worked more than 20Hours during special working allowance to students during pandemic, which now eventually make me eligible to apply under this stream. Any lead would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
Danish
You have your employment records from your employer that were used to pay your taxes. Your employer should also have the records about how much you worked because they also had to declare how much you got paid to CRA.

Danish Dev

May 9, 2021
You have your employment records from your employer that were used to pay your taxes.
Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. One more thing, during time when I was allowed to work only 40hours/biweekly, at that I worked more than 40 like 45 for only two pay stubs. Do you think it would be issue. It’s only for two pay stubs.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. One more thing, during time when I was allowed to work only 40hours/biweekly, at that I worked more than 40 like 45 for only two pay stubs. Do you think it would be issue. It’s only for two pay stubs.
Probably not.

Danish Dev

May 9, 2021
In the documentation for employers letter they mentioned, it should be written, how many hours/week we worked. As I worked 20/week, but during pandemic special allowance, worked in the range of 30-50hours/week. So what I shall ask my employer to write in the row of hours/week worked?
Should it be like “worked 20hours/week and during allowed time, worked more than 20hours/week”.

Ask_Arsh

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Winnipeg, MB
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2018
LANDED..........
12-06-2018
In the documentation for employers letter they mentioned, it should be written, how many hours/week we worked. As I worked 20/week, but during pandemic special allowance, worked in the range of 30-50hours/week. So what I shall ask my employer to write in the row of hours/week worked?
Should it be like “worked 20hours/week and during allowed time, worked more than 20hours/week”.
Or you can ask them to specify dates. For eg: Nov 2019- June 2020 20 hrs/week
July 2020 - current 40hrs/week

Make sure you add an explanation letter specifying the public policy under which allowed you to work more than 20 hrs

Danish Dev

May 9, 2021
@Ask_Arsh thanks for your valueable reply. I would appreciate if anyone can further help me with the following questions. The situation is:

1) Do I need to mention the NOC code on my experience letter that I will get from previous employers as a essential worker?
2) Will they count only max 30 hours/week to be account 1560 hours (as they usually do earlier in CEC) or they will account every hour I worked?
3) I just worked one paystub at a pharmacy (essential) this month, then again back to my security job now. So I think I shall mention my security job as current employment as a partime(student) and ask the letter from them. Am I right? It won’t matter to VISA OFFICER that I changed job in between just before applying, but the thing would matter is, that I am currently employed. Rut?
4)I read the proper guidelines for “essential- non health care stream” it says that, one can show hours in specified essential non health care in one or more and health care. So it would be fine fine if I mention my pharmacy assistant jo for one pay stub, so that I can complete my hours. Am I right?
5) The NoC code with title for pharmacy assistant doesn’t states “licensed” , so I anticipate I can mention my job as a pharmacy assistant as I match all the Job and responsibilities of that, but not licensed.
6) Last but not the least, according to guidelines, what I understand, we only need the letter from our current employer, not earlier employers. Do you think I should only get the letter from current employers, and no Need to get the experience letter for earlier job, just mention the work and NoC that I did earlier.

Thanks in advance. I really appreciate your support and guidance.

Ask_Arsh

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Winnipeg, MB
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2018
LANDED..........
12-06-2018
@Ask_Arsh thanks for your valueable reply. I would appreciate if anyone can further help me with the following questions. The situation is:

1) Do I need to mention the NOC code on my experience letter that I will get from previous employers as a essential worker?
2) Will they count only max 30 hours/week to be account 1560 hours (as they usually do earlier in CEC) or they will account every hour I worked?
3) I just worked one paystub at a pharmacy (essential) this month, then again back to my security job now. So I think I shall mention my security job as current employment as a partime(student) and ask the letter from them. Am I right? It won’t matter to VISA OFFICER that I changed job in between just before applying, but the thing would matter is, that I am currently employed. Rut?
4)I read the proper guidelines for “essential- non health care stream” it says that, one can show hours in specified essential non health care in one or more and health care. So it would be fine fine if I mention my pharmacy assistant jo for one pay stub, so that I can complete my hours. Am I right?
5) The NoC code with title for pharmacy assistant doesn’t states “licensed” , so I anticipate I can mention my job as a pharmacy assistant as I match all the Job and responsibilities of that, but not licensed.
6) Last but not the least, according to guidelines, what I understand, we only need the letter from our current employer, not earlier employers. Do you think I should only get the letter from current employers, and no Need to get the experience letter for earlier job, just mention the work and NoC that I did earlier.

Thanks in advance. I really appreciate your support and guidance.
1. It would be great if they can. You don’t have to write an explanation letter with the NOC Codes then.
2. Per my understanding, Yes 30 hrs max to complete the first full year and then if it is more spread out, then add all.
3. Right
4. Right
5. Right - No need to be licensed
6. I think you need letters from each employer you are putting in file to show the record of employment. That would be the best evidence to your claims of 1560 hours

sammy0024

Jan 24, 2021
I am currently on PGWP and working as a essential worker from last 10 Months: Currently working 40 hr/week.

-Can I use my study permit hours which are 20 Hours/week, towards TR to PR in a essential -non healthcare job?
- Can I use 20 hr/week towards 1560 hours?