+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist visa from Jamaica

SBW

Star Member
Oct 6, 2021
Question 4: If I do not fill any separate application for CAN+, how will IRCC know I am eligible for this program?
Answer: When you complete your visa application online on our application questionnaire, based on the answers you provide, the system will identify your application as CAN+ or not. Remember, if you decide to apply online, we make every effort to process your application even faster.
For those who apply at the VAC, you must tell the VAC staff you wish to apply under CAN+ and provide with your application, proof of your travel history or valid US visa. If you do not identify yourself as CAN+ at the VAC we cannot guarantee expedited processing of your application.
Thanks

Reactions: Khadeen

Shellzie

Dec 5, 2021
My bf was invited by a friend and he has a valid US visa, travel for 2 weeks max and he was denied a Canadian visa on the grounds of no having enough ties
He didn't put on the application that we are daring.
He is in a government job for over 9 years.
I was so shock when we got the refusal

Khadeen

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
My bf was invited by a friend and he has a valid US visa, travel for 2 weeks max and he was denied a Canadian visa on the grounds of no having enough ties
He didn't put on the application that we are daring.
He is in a government job for over 9 years.
I was so shock when we got the refusal
Oh my! Sorry to hear that. That's what they do sometimes even when persons have kids and even in government jobs.

Shellzie

Dec 5, 2021
Oh my! Sorry to hear that. That's what they do sometimes even when persons have kids and even in government jobs.
I am wondering I they are just refusing people to clear the backlog. SMH.
I really wanted him to get it so I could do inland filing after our wedding.
Sigh

Khadeen

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
I am wondering I they are just refusing people to clear the backlog. SMH.
I really wanted him to get it so I could do inland filing after our wedding.
Sigh
There is this thing that's called GCMS note that you can order to know the detailed reason for the refusal, then you can reapply.

Blessbaby

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
He used his job. As he has no kids.
Showed about 5000 CAD in his account. Showed car papers
I think they want him to show more ties to his country than just his job and car papers because a car can be sold at anytime and he can choose to resign from his job. Those are things they may look into.

Reactions: Shellzie

Blessbaby

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
You can't assume that dear, i applied back in 2017 and the refused me saying ties to my home country and canada. Applied again 2019 and got approved. Have no kids, was going college and working below 80gs with government. No house no car.
I was not assuming hence the reason I said "think" plus everyone's situation is different. You may got refused and then approved using the same method when another person won't.

Reactions: Khadeen

Khadeen

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
I was not assuming hence the reason I said "think" plus everyone's situation is different. You may got refused and then approved using the same method when another person won't.
I know that all cases are different, Was just sharing info as we do here.