+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist visa from Jamaica

KittyKat

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The last time he applied he got turned down because of purpose of travel and the travel date had passed so I’m wondering if it’s best to pull the application
Never heard of this before. My unerstanding is your travel dates don't matter. Especially if you applied in good time. Better to keep your place in line than start all over.

Tavia

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
I agree. We just have to wait. Anyone status showing we are reviewing your eligibility? Or it's still saying background check>
Mine still says background check but that sometimes don't even change until it's all processed, so you can even watch that.

Bubbles21

Star Member
May 7, 2018
As of todays date it still says the same thing.

My brother and niece applied on May 6, 2022, biometric not needed.

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Reactions: Tavia

Tavia

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Yup but they are processing other applications, just not visit visas. Study permit applicants are getting responses in days