+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist visa from Jamaica

Bubbles21

Star Member
May 7, 2018
There system is really backed up. I know someone that has been waiting since February.
My brother and niece have been waiting since the 6th of May 2022, this process seems forever.

KittyKat

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There system is really backed up. I know someone that has been waiting since February.
My brother and niece have been waiting since the 6th of May 2022, this process seems forever.
February? That is so discouraging. I thought we were close.

Ackee123

Dec 12, 2019
Applied through the portal May 4th for my common law partner. Biometrics was already on file so no biometrics needed. I’m already in Canada as a study permit holder turned pgwp holder so I sent the invitation letter. We did June travel dates but seeing that there hasn’t been any movements on his since the submission date, I’m thinking about pulling his application. Seeing that persons in the thread applied from all Feb and haven’t heard I’m wondering now… The processing time when we applied was 26 days then 36 days no at 49 days for the last two weeks. So let’s see what happens this week or I’ll pull the application and use new dates.

Bubbles21

Star Member
May 7, 2018
Applied through the portal May 4th for my common law partner. Biometrics was already on file so no biometrics needed. I’m already in Canada as a study permit holder turned pgwp holder so I sent the invitation letter. We did June travel dates but seeing that there hasn’t been any movements on his since the submission date, I’m thinking about pulling his application. Seeing that persons in the thread applied from all Feb and haven’t heard I’m wondering now… The processing time when we applied was 26 days then 36 days no at 49 days for the last two weeks. So let’s see what happens this week or I’ll pull the application and use new dates.
It’s doesn’t matter about the dates. If you pull the file, you will be making the process even longer. Just wait it out if you can.

shersher87

Nov 5, 2020
Yea. I am a bit surprised that the applications are taking so long. We applied May 1 for my sister but the application has not even move to checking eligibility as yet.

Ackee123

Dec 12, 2019
It’s doesn’t matter about the dates. If you pull the file, you will be making the process even longer. Just wait it out if you can.
The last time he applied he got turned down because of purpose of travel and the travel date had passed so I’m wondering if it’s best to pull the application

Tavia

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Really now, so how long they took to process the last one. Because if is them take long, how is that fair?

shersher87

Nov 5, 2020
I agree. We just have to wait. Anyone status showing we are reviewing your eligibility? Or it's still saying background check>