+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for a successful BOWP application

bicko

Jun 9, 2016
jay80 said:
if your old work permit is locked to one employer, you cannot apply for BOWP. you can only apply for a WP specific to your current employer.. BOWP requires that you have an APR on process and your AOR. Good news is, with your PNP certificate, it will be easy for you to get that WP. just include a copy of your PNP certificate to your WP application. do it asap because some IRCC officers might consider your APR as incomplete if WP is implied or still in process. And the thing is their is an expiry date on your PNP certificate.

best of luck
My Current WP is open and so is my Ontario nomination, WP expiring Dec 7th

1.) When filling form 5710E, question 3 - Should I choose for same employer or initial or new employer option ?

2.) In my spouse's 5710 E form , should I answer yes to the below question since she was also included in the PNP application where I was the primary applicant
Have you been issued a certificate under the pnp ?

jay80

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 jan 2015
Nomination.....
december 2014
AOR Received.
April 2015
File Transfer...
june 2016
Med's Request
may 2015/ june 2016
Med's Done....
may 2015/ june 2016
Passport Req..
september 2016
VISA ISSUED...
october 2016 received
LANDED..........
landing before December
bicko said:
My Current WP is open and so is my Ontario nomination, WP expiring Dec 7th

1.) When filling form 5710E, question 3 - Should I choose for same employer or initial or new employer option ?

2.) In my spouse's 5710 E form , should I answer yes to the below question since she was also included in the PNP application where I was the primary applicant
Have you been issued a certificate under the pnp ?
this is my basis:

BOWP eligibility parameters
To be eligible for a BOWP, foreign nationals must

be currently in Canada;
have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within the next four months;
be the principal applicant on an APR under the FSWC, the CEC, the FSTC, the PNC (see note below), or one of the two caregiver classes;
have completed one of the following APR stages:
their electronic application for permanent residence (e‑APR) submitted under Express Entry has passed the R10 completeness check; or
they have received a positive eligibility assessment on their paper APR submitted by mail under one of the economic classes above;
have applied for an open work permit;
have paid the work permit processing fee and the open work permit holder fee; and
have provided, as applicable, evidence (e.g., nomination certificate) that their provincial nomination is unrestricted.

question: How were you able to obtain an open work permit without you having applied for a Permanent Residence? im a bit confused. Is it because of the conditions in your previous LMIA?

answer to your questions:
1. new employer.
2. no. since PNP certificate is given to you as the principal applicant.
you may refer to imm5556 where a specific document is asked for spouse applying for BOWP under the principal applicant.

this is based on how i did my BOWP.

feel free to ask some applicants who might give you clearer advise.

best of luck.

azure04

Jan 16, 2016
bicko said:
Friends need help

My Work permit is expiring end of november
Finally got my PNP nomination from Ontario

I need to apply for BOWP asap, should I wait for the next draw, ITA and AOR

or can I apply for BOWP with my PNP certificate if that's enough - What are the chances it will get approved

Please help
We should wait for AOR...

bicko

Jun 9, 2016
jay80 said:
this is my basis:

BOWP eligibility parameters
To be eligible for a BOWP, foreign nationals must

be currently in Canada;
have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within the next four months;
be the principal applicant on an APR under the FSWC, the CEC, the FSTC, the PNC (see note below), or one of the two caregiver classes;
have completed one of the following APR stages:
their electronic application for permanent residence (e‑APR) submitted under Express Entry has passed the R10 completeness check; or
they have received a positive eligibility assessment on their paper APR submitted by mail under one of the economic classes above;
have applied for an open work permit;
have paid the work permit processing fee and the open work permit holder fee; and
have provided, as applicable, evidence (e.g., nomination certificate) that their provincial nomination is unrestricted.

question: How were you able to obtain an open work permit without you having applied for a Permanent Residence? im a bit confused. Is it because of the conditions in your previous LMIA?

answer to your questions:
1. new employer.
2. no. since PNP certificate is given to you as the principal applicant.
you may refer to imm5556 where a specific document is asked for spouse applying for BOWP under the principal applicant.

this is based on how i did my BOWP.

feel free to ask some applicants who might give you clearer advise.

best of luck.

Thankyou So much Jay for spending your time on explaining it thoroughly

Also I got Open work permit after my post secondary diploma I did here in Toronto
Hopefully there is a Draw this Wednesday, In the mean time I am getting ready my PCC and all other documents...

bicko

Jun 9, 2016
Got ITA today....

Two questions guys for the section where we need to upload the documents
I am getting the option to upload the

Offer of employment (Not sure why? )
Also there is an option to upload employment records and letter of employment
So Not sure what does it mean by Offer of employment

Also I am not getting the option for Letter of Explanation

Can someone advise if this is standard to ask above documents ?
Note : I have OINP nomination but no LMIA ?

smitkool

Feb 29, 2016
Hello,
I would really like to know, when can we apply for a bridging open work permit? is it after i get my Acknowledgement of Receipt from the CIC or is it when we a get a positive eligibility review on our application?
I have got my AOR couple weeks back. Today when I called CIC the agent told me that I am not yet eligible for a Bridging Open Permit because I havent yet passed the positive eligibility review stage on my application
Guys please help i am really confused!!!!!!

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
To be qualified to apply BOWP is not sufficient the acknowledgement of receipt,you need R10 to be cleared or I suggest to check out the other BOWP thread, it contains a lot of useful information and tips: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bowp-how-many-of-you-have-applied-and-received-it-successfully-t139027.0.html

Hope this helps! The BOWP application is really pretty tiny compared to the CEC application.
Rabin

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
smitkool said:
Hello,
I would really like to know, when can we apply for a bridging open work permit? is it after i get my Acknowledgement of Receipt from the CIC or is it when we a get a positive eligibility review on our application?
I have got my AOR couple weeks back. Today when I called CIC the agent told me that I am not yet eligible for a Bridging Open Permit because I havent yet passed the positive eligibility review stage on my application
Guys please help i am really confused!!!!!!
Never call the call center. You call 3 agents and get 5 different answers... Doesn't even worth the 25-40 minutes wait.

According to a recent change you can apply for BOWP with the AOR letter you receive when you submit your application. Your application will be held until R10 completeness check is done.

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/updates/2016/2016-02-11a.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp

azure04

Jan 16, 2016
neorol said:
Never call the call center. You call 3 agents and get 5 different answers... Doesn't even worth the 25-40 minutes wait.

According to a recent change you can apply for BOWP with the AOR letter you receive when you submit your application. Your application will be held until R10 completeness check is done.

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/updates/2016/2016-02-11a.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp
True, it's not worth the wait. :)

secretbridge

Dec 13, 2016
Hi,

I got OINP nomination letter and applied for PR on 15-Dec-2016 (received eAPR receipt i.e. I guess so called AOR in 10 mins). My post graduation work permit is expiring on 2-Jan-2016 including my spouse work permit.

I am applying for BOWP online. For this please help me to fill certain questions as follows:

1) For questionnaires, Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada? Yes or No ?

2)For form 5710, Have you been issued a certificate under the provincial nominee program ?Yes or No ?

3) For form 5710 of spouse, Have you been issued a certificate under the provincial nominee program ? Yes or No ?

I will really appreciate your help.

bskap

May 17, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2016
AOR Received.
04-08-2016
Med's Done....
19-08-2016
Passport Req..
15-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
My friend is applying for BOWP paper based application , BC PNP International student. He has already received AOR. There are 4 options, 1. which one he has to select:
  • A work permit with same employer
  • An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
  • Restoration of your status as worker

• Temporary resident permit

Which one has to be selected. The form is APPLICATION TO CHANGE CONDITIONS, EXTEND MY STAY OR REMAIN IN CANADA AS WORKER?

2. DETAILS OF INTENDED WORK IN CANADA
1. What type of Work Permit are you apply for?
2. Details of Prospective employer (attach offer of employment)
1.Name of Employer
2.Address of Employer
3.Intended Location of Employment
4.My Occupation in Canada will be ()
8. Have you been issued a certificate under the provincial Nominee Program? (Y/N)

Pedro57b

Sep 17, 2016
Hello,

My OWP will be expired on March 2017, and I would like to apply for BOWP. I have nominee unrestricted letter and AOR. I quit my job last month and doesn't have any job offer at current time. Do I need to have job offer letter to apply for BOWP??? and if not what should I put in the form on the perspective employer section.

Thanks,

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time... =)
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
did anyone get approved BOWP recently? thanks.

hadasp

Nov 28, 2015
Hi guys,

I am doing my application for BOWP and I have a problem with the signature in form 5707. Should I print, sign, scan and upload the document or I can do a digital signature after I will pay the fees?

In my document check list one of the optionals documentes is the schedule 1. Should I send this form?

Thanks

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
hadasp said:
Hi guys,

I am doing my application for BOWP and I have a problem with the signature in form 5707. Should I print, sign, scan and upload the document or I can do a digital signature after I will pay the fees?

In my document check list one of the optionals documentes is the schedule 1. Should I send this form?

Thanks
No need to submit optional documents for BOWP and TRV and regarding the signature,it is not required to do signature in that form,the digital signature would be fine.This is how i did it mine.
Good Luck