17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
Hi Guys,

I would appreciate your help on the below.

I have applied for PR under CEC along with my 2 dependents (Wife and Son). At the moment we all are in Canada and want to apply for BOWP, however I got little worried after reading on the IRCC website that the dependents of APR are not eligible for applying BOWP.

I - Have a closed work permit (Will expire in 7 months)
Wife - Has a open work permit (Will expire in 7 months)
Son - Has a visitor record (Will expire in 7 months)

I understand that I can apply for BOWP but what should I do for my dependents if they are not eligible for BOWP ? Is there a way I can include them while applying for BOWP for myself?
Hey, I answered you on the other post :) I'll just copy/paste my answer:

I am in a similar situation. Me, my wife and 2 kids. Only the principal applicant for the PR can get a BOWP, your wife will get a SOWP (If you're CEC there are no further requirements regarding the profession of the principal applicant) and your kid will get a visitor record extension. You will submit the 3 applications at the same time from your account, and then 3 different application numbers will be generated. As far as know, they will not be processed at the same speed. I submitted our applications 2 days ago, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Reactions: CanVisa1

CanVisa1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017

I am in a similar situation. Me, my wife and 2 kids. Only the principal applicant for the PR can get a BOWP, your wife will get a SOWP (If you're CEC there are no further requirements regarding the profession of the principal applicant) and your kid will get a visitor record extension. You will submit the 3 applications at the same time from your account, and then 3 different application numbers will be generated. As far as know, they will not be processed at the same speed. I submitted our applications 2 days ago, if you have any questions feel free to ask.
Thanks, didn't realise.

Reactions: mstefan

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
Hi Guys,

I would appreciate your help on the below.

I have applied for PR under CEC along with my 2 dependents (Wife and Son). At the moment we all are in Canada and want to apply for BOWP, however I got little worried after reading on the IRCC website that the dependents of APR are not eligible for applying BOWP.

I - Have a closed work permit (Will expire in 7 months)
Wife - Has a open work permit (Will expire in 7 months)
Son - Has a visitor record (Will expire in 7 months)

I understand that I can apply for BOWP but what should I do for my dependents if they are not eligible for BOWP ? Is there a way I can include them while applying for BOWP for myself?
Just to add that you can't apply now. You have to wait for your WP to expire in less than 4 months. It's too early if you have 7 months left

CanVisa1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017

Just to clarify, do you get an option to include your dependents when applying for BOWP?

OR

You have to apply first, finish the application process and then start again with your wife as applicant for SOWP and include the child as well?

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
Just to clarify, do you get an option to include your dependents when applying for BOWP?

OR

You have to apply first, finish the application process and then start again with your wife as applicant for SOWP and include the child as well?
Yes you get an option to include them. When answering to the online tool questions, you'll be asked if you want to include a family member. You say YES, you answer to the questions regarding your spouse first. and at the end the same question will pop again. You say YES again and answer to the questions for your kid. When the question appears again, you say no and continue. Then you'll have 3 separate sections to upload the documents, one for each family member included. When you submit everything and pay, each application will have its own number.

CanVisa1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
Yes you get an option to include them. When answering to the online tool questions, you'll be asked if you want to include a family member. You say YES, you answer to the questions regarding your spouse first. and at the end the same question will pop again. You say YES again and answer to the questions for your kid. When the question appears again, you say no and continue. Then you'll have 3 separate sections to upload the documents, one for each family member included. When you submit everything and pay, each application will have its own number.
What do you select when asked for : What is your current Immigration status in Canada?

Student
Worker
Visitor
Temporary Resident Permit Holder
Refugee Claimant
Live-in Caregiver

I am on a closed work permit having applied for PR under CEC, so not sure what to select from the above. I have tried selecting 'Worker' and 'Temporary Resident Permit Holder' but then further down the line it says, your dependent cant apply online.

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
What do you select when asked for : What is your current Immigration status in Canada?

Student
Worker
Visitor
Temporary Resident Permit Holder
Refugee Claimant
Live-in Caregiver

I am on a closed work permit having applied for PR under CEC, so not sure what to select from the above. I have tried selecting 'Worker' and 'Temporary Resident Permit Holder' but then further down the line it says, your dependent cant apply online.
You're a worker, so chose that. Continue to answer to the questions until it asks you if you want to include a family member. If it doesn't let you, it means that you answered wrong on something

Reactions: CanVisa1

CanVisa1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
You're a worker, so chose that. Continue to answer to the questions until it asks you if you want to include a family member. If it doesn't let you, it means that you answered wrong on something
Yes, after selecting 'Worker' finally I got the option to include my family member. Thanks for your help.!

Reactions: mstefan
Apr 18, 2021
I hope you are doing well. I was reaching out to you because I read that your BWOP was recently approved and I had some questions about the application. Hope you could help.

Scenario:

MY PR application is in progress, I have completed my Biometrics and Medical. I am currently on PGWP which ends in June 2021. I am currently working with over an year of experience in my field.

Questions:

1. Before we receive a list of forms- there are a series of question which includes ""Do you have a written job offer Letter" - Will it be YES or NO? I have gone through the forums and some say YES as I am currently working but some say NO as a written work permit refers to "LMIA letter" which I do not have

2. In the forms IMM 5710 - Section 1 - Question 3 is "I am applying for one or more of the following" - 1. Apply for WP under the same employer OR 2. Apply for a WP for the first time or with the new employer. (I don't think the rest if 2 options apply to me)

3. In the section "Details Of Intended work in Canada" I have read sme stuff online that says If we select an "OPEN Work Permit" in the first question - Then Question 2 to 7/8 should be left blank - Is this it? Cause for some answers I saw it says we should give them that information

Please let me know. Thankyou so much in advance.

L7843257

Nov 8, 2022
Hi folks,

Sorry for digging out this old post. I have a question regarding my BOWP application and I am really concerned.

I hold PGWP and currently working for an employer. I don't have LMIA or work restrictions.

1. Should I select "Apply for a work permit with the same employer"? since IRCC has my employer info in my PR application?
2. I saw people in this forum saying leave intended work in Canada blank since it's an open work permit. Will that look confusing to visa officers- same employer but no info?

Thank you very much. Any insight would be helpful!!