+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline for RTD applications - For urgent travel reasons

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
I applied via mail a few months ago. Didn't hear back so I used the webform. One for myself and one for my wife. I received a reply confirming my request for epost but my wife received an email instructing her how to ask for urgent RTD(!). So she sent another webform.
I have not received the epost email yet. Do you think I can send my wife's RTD application along with mine via epost?
if your travel is urgent then contact them through ircc webform https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/passport.html#travel-document

however, if it is not urgent, then you will have to wait until they're back to normal processing

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
if your travel is urgent then contact them through ircc webform https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/passport.html#travel-document

however, if it is not urgent, then you will have to wait until they're back to normal processing
Thanks for stating the obvious! If our travel was not urgent so why would I apply for urgent RTD? I already have contacted them via webform. Please read the question first before posting.

Keliwal

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Hi,
I submitted my application on 3 June 2021. I sent my old RTD as well along with my application through epost. I called the IRCC today they told me that the RTD office is waiting for your old RTD.
I sent the Canada post tracking number with my application, not sure why they couldn’t receive my old RTD. How long does it take to process RTD these days? Please share your experience.
Thanks,

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
Hey guys, My RTD will expire in 5 months time and i need to go to UK for a very urgent reason and UK will only give visa if i have 6 months validity in my RTD. Can i then renew my RTD now.

I have Ghana visa in my RTD which will expire 5 months as well. Will they return my RTD back because of the Ghana visa?

AA94

Jan 16, 2022
I will start :

1- Sent a web form to IRCC explaining the reason for travel, estimated date of travel and supporting documents.
2- in two business days I got an email from IRCC advising that they have forwarded the request to the responsible office and that I should get an invitation to submit my application via Canada Post's epost Connect™ in 5 business days.
3 - I received the epost message; and they asked to upload all my documents via the website (you can upload up to 1GB). Here is a copy of the requested documents

I got my guarantor to sign the application, photo and then took photos of everything by my phone since I don't have scanner and uploaded everything by replying to the same message.

I paid the fees online ($120), and I don't have a valid RTD so I didn't mail anything.

4 - I'm not sure if they will contact me if they approved my file/uploads or if they start processing my application. I will update this thread of any changes, fingers crossed!
Hi,

How long did it take to receive the epost message? I got the email from IRCC but still waiting on epost.

Thank you!

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
Hi,

How long did it take to receive the epost message? I got the email from IRCC but still waiting on epost.

Thank you!
as mentioned I got it in few days, but this was last year and maybe less people were requesting the urgent RTD. good luck

Faisalkhan555

Apr 14, 2020
My RTD has been mailed to me today through xpress post which takes 1 to 3 business days.

TImeline:
Applied Nov 28 2021
Marked as urgent the following week in December 2021
Travel dates were 2nd January 2022 which they did not send the RTD
Travel dates updated to 31st January and marked as Urgent again on 11th January 2022
Received an email today that RTD has been mailed and provided a tracking number as well.