+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline for RTD applications - For urgent travel reasons

Faisalkhan555

Apr 14, 2020
My RTD has been mailed to me today through xpress post which takes 1 to 3 business days.

TImeline:
Applied Nov 28 2021
Marked as urgent the following week in December 2021
Travel dates were 2nd January 2022 which they did not send the RTD
Travel dates updated to 31st January and marked as Urgent again on 11th January 2022
Received an email today that RTD has been mailed and provided a tracking number as well.
Received my RTD today

farhan2022

Jan 27, 2022
Hi,
I submitted my application on 3 June 2021. I sent my old RTD as well along with my application through epost. I called the IRCC today they told me that the RTD office is waiting for your old RTD.
I sent the Canada post tracking number with my application, not sure why they couldn’t receive my old RTD. How long does it take to process RTD these days? Please share your experience.
Thanks,
Hi, your old RTD, was it valid or expired? the reason I'm asking is I'm about to apply urgent RTD but my old RTD expired 2018, do I need to send it to them? even thought on the application form it stated "send non expired RTD. Thanks in advance.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi, your old RTD, was it valid or expired? the reason I'm asking is I'm about to apply urgent RTD but my old RTD expired 2018, do I need to send it to them? even thought on the application form it stated "send non expired RTD. Thanks in advance.
You dont wish to apply for Citizenship? I see your timeline, looks like its more than time required to apply to become a Citizen

Faisalkhan555

Apr 14, 2020
Congrats brother, I'm about to apply urgent RTD and have the evidence to travel urgent, did you send them express return envelope? I mean who paid the return mail expenses?
Thanks Brother,No i did not send them any envelope they did i guess all the urgent RTD comes via Xpress post.

Faisalkhan555

Apr 14, 2020
Okay, thanks. Did you include your ticket information or just your travel dates. And did you send your old original RTD(if you had one)
No ticket information i just gave them the reason for travel and no documents were requested for that.This is my first RTD.