+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline for Filipinos submitted pnp-pr applctions at CIO

RAK-BUMBLEBEE

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
LANDED..........
09-2013
I NEED SOME HELP PO REGARDING PASSPORT REQUEST...

I QUOTED THIS FROM CEM E-MAIL:

2. The original passports for yourself and every family member who will accompany you to Canada. Please enclose your passports in a secure envelope, clearly indicating your file number (EP00073803) on the envelope. Do not staple and submit old passports together with your recent passports. Please remove passport jackets/covers.

To ensure timely processing and facilitate your travel, we strongly recommend that you submit the new red-colored passports currently being issued by the Philippines authorities as they are in compliance with the machine-readable passport requirement of the International Civil Aviation Organization.
NOTE :
Your visa(s) will be valid for your initial entry to Canada until 11/14/2013 .
• Please ensure that the validity of your passport(s) is at least six (6) months beyond this validity date (note that any passport received with a shorter validity than the date shown above will result in a reduced validity for entry to Canada for all members of your family, if any). You must submit your passport(s) within 30 days of the date of this letter or your application may be refused for non-compliance according to Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Please note that no further requests will be sent to you.

• You must arrive in Canada before the date of expiry. The validity of a permanent resident visa will not be extended and replacement visas will not be issued with a new validity date. If you still wish to go to Canada, you will then be required to make a new application (you must pay new processing fees and meet all selection and statutory requirements in effect at that time).

• You must ensure that you have sufficient free/empty pages in your passport(s) for the insertion of each immigrant visa (if your children do not have their own passports and are included in your passport, a separate visa will be inserted in your passport for you and each one of your children; for example, if your passport includes three accompanying children, you will then need four blank passport pages in your passport as each immigrant visa requires one full passport page).

Check that your passport(s) is/are all in good condition. We cannot accept passports which have torn pages, damaged laminates or mismatched passport numbers (at the picture page and passport page), and these will be immediately returned to you without any visa.

YUNG PASSPORT NG DEPENDENT KO AY VALID LANG HANGGANG SEPT 2013..ANY COMMENTS PO?

xasali

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEManila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
Nomination.....
10-09-2012
AOR Received.
25-01-2013
Med's Request
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
16-03-2013
Passport Req..
11-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
september 2013
eingel said:
Hello po... I am a newbie here...meron lang po akong question...un po kasing application namin ipo-forward na daw po sa visa office..we received an email from CIO last Oct 15, 2012. Medyo worried lang po ako sa application namin kasi I really dont know kung ano pong dapat gawin coz I am three months pregnant right now and Im so confused what would happen next on our application..dunno how am I going to advise the visa office that i can't go for a medical test right now particularly the x-ray thing...and when I deliver how are we going to add our child in our application?...Your thoughts and ideas are very well appreciated in advance... Thank you so much and May God bless us all this year and always
Eingel,

Ano npo ung update sa status nyo po? Same case din po kasi sakin. We received our aor from cio last jan 25,2013 lng po & nito ko lng nalaman na buntis ako.ilang weeks plng nman.waiting for MR na sana kmi.ano po kaya mngyayari.pls share kng ano ginawa mo.thanks in advance.

Xasali

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RAK-BUMBLEBEE said:
YUNG PASSPORT NG DEPENDENT KO AY VALID LANG HANGGANG SEPT 2012..ANY COMMENTS PO?
So do you mean the passport of your dependent is already expired (Sept 2012) since last year? If this is the case, you need to have that passport before sending it to CEM. Visas are not issued if the travel document (i.e. passport) is expired.

/all the best....

RAK-BUMBLEBEE

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
LANDED..........
09-2013
ragluf said:
So do you mean the passport of your dependent is already expired (Sept 2012) since last year? If this is the case, you need to have that passport before sending it to CEM. Visas are not issued if the travel document (i.e. passport) is expired.

/all the best....
thanks ragluf...sorry po nagkamali ako ng entry.
sept 2013 po yung tamang expiry date..
yung part po na ito sa email kami mayrong worries:

• Please ensure that the validity of your passport(s) is at least six (6) months beyond this validity date (note that any passport received with a shorter validity than the date shown above will result in a reduced validity for entry to Canada for all members of your family, if any). You must submit your passport(s) within 30 days of the date of this letter or your application may be refused for non-compliance according to Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Please note that no further requests will be sent to you.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RAK-BUMBLEBEE said:
Ok then - since you have not received yet your visas, the initial period that your visa's will be valid is currently pegged until 11/14/2013. I take it as this does not mean it is the actual validity date to be put on the PR visas after you submit the PPs. CEM still needs to take a look at the PPs and then make a determination based on the expiry dates of your passports for the actual visa validity date. For example:
- PA (you) - PP expiry date 1/12/2014
- Spouse/Wife - PP expiry date 1/12/2014
- Dependent 1 - PP expiry date 7/1/2014
- Dependent 2 - PP expiry date 9/1/2013

Assuming you will be submitting PPs together and usually CEM/CIC assumes all are entering Canada together, then most likely CEM/VO will stamp as validity date of your visas the nearest expiry time amongst all the PPs you submitted - in this case Dependent 2. So all of your PR visas will most likely be stamped 9/1/2013 (best case), instead of the originally specified 11/14/2013 (hence the "reduced validity date") or worst case be issued an expiry date of 6mos before 9/1/2013 = March 2013. If you have time, get the PPs renewed, not just for the sake of the CIC, but as a PR (not a Citizen yet) - your main identity doc is still your passport, used for travels and for identity verification (bank transactions, etc.)

CIC does not issue visa validity dates beyond that of the expiry date of the passport. And normally, most countries specify that the passport should be valid 6mos after the intended entry date to the country - so this is why CIC put the statement there. Note that visa validity specifies until when you can enter Canada.

/all the best....

carl zeiss

Nov 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 Nov 2011
Nomination.....
09 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
24 Apr 2012 CIO
File Transfer...
04 Jul 2012 CEM
Med's Request
29 Sep 2012
Med's Done....
13 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
14 Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
25 Jun 2013
RAK-BUMBLEBEE said:
GOT AN EMAIL TODAY!!!

REQUEST FOR RPRF + PASSPORT REQUEST + PHOTOS + APPENDIX A
Congrats Rak! That was fast :D

I got my visa last Saturday.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
carl zeiss said:
Congrats Rak! That was fast :D

I got my visa last Saturday.
Congratulations carl zeiss!!! Graduated ;D ;D whoooohoooooo

/Happy landing and all the best on your journey.

carl zeiss

Nov 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 Nov 2011
Nomination.....
09 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
24 Apr 2012 CIO
File Transfer...
04 Jul 2012 CEM
Med's Request
29 Sep 2012
Med's Done....
13 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
14 Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
25 Jun 2013
RAK-BUMBLEBEE said:
thanks ragluf...sorry po nagkamali ako ng entry.
sept 2013 po yung tamang expiry date..
yung part po na ito sa email kami mayrong worries:

Hi Rak. You should really renew the passport of your dependant before you send them to CEM. This is the best thing to do I believe. We cannot travel if our passport's validity is just 6 months or less. I think Immigration authorities won't let us leave with that passport. Unless the visa will surely be issued on March (at most) and you will travel right away. That is like pushing it to the limit.

In my case it is kinda different. My visa will expire on Oct 2013 but my passport will expire Mar 2014. If you will notice, the validity of my passport is less than 6 months beyond the validity of my visa (only 5 months). As stated in the PPR, CEM wants that our PP be valid for at least 6 months beyond visa validity. I also got confused whether I will renew or just send my current PP. I plan to leave on June. That makes my PP valid for at least 9 months upon entry to Canada. I took the risk and sent my PP to CEM. When I got my PP back, CEM did not "reduce" the validity of my visa. It is still Oct 2013.

Hope this helps =)

carl zeiss

Nov 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 Nov 2011
Nomination.....
09 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
24 Apr 2012 CIO
File Transfer...
04 Jul 2012 CEM
Med's Request
29 Sep 2012
Med's Done....
13 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
14 Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
25 Jun 2013
ragluf said:
Congratulations carl zeiss!!! Graduated ;D ;D whoooohoooooo

/Happy landing and all the best on your journey.
Thanks so much Ragluf!

All the best to you as well =)

regina101

Sep 12, 2011
RAK-BUMBLEBEE said:
GOT AN EMAIL TODAY!!!

REQUEST FOR RPRF + PASSPORT REQUEST + PHOTOS + APPENDIX A

Hi Congrats sau... and happy landing soon. Ask ko lang kung ano ung status mo sa ECAS? Yung brother ko kase is nagpamedical November 27 or 28 2012 tapos when he called yung clinic Dec 13, 2012 they said na nasubmit na yung medical pero stil sa ECAS application receive pa rin then la pa status if nareceive nila medical or not. But we're hoping na anytime soon they'll ask for passport kase yung RPRF is nagbigay na ako agad ng bank draft when I submitted his application sa CIO before pa.

RAK-BUMBLEBEE

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
LANDED..........
09-2013
ragluf said:
Ok then - since you have not received yet your visas, the initial period that your visa's will be valid is currently pegged until 11/14/2013. I take it as this does not mean it is the actual validity date to be put on the PR visas after you submit the PPs. CEM still needs to take a look at the PPs and then make a determination based on the expiry dates of your passports for the actual visa validity date. For example:
- PA (you) - PP expiry date 1/12/2014
- Spouse/Wife - PP expiry date 1/12/2014
- Dependent 1 - PP expiry date 7/1/2014
- Dependent 2 - PP expiry date 9/1/2013

Assuming you will be submitting PPs together and usually CEM/CIC assumes all are entering Canada together, then most likely CEM/VO will stamp as validity date of your visas the nearest expiry time amongst all the PPs you submitted - in this case Dependent 2. So all of your PR visas will most likely be stamped 9/1/2013 (best case), instead of the originally specified 11/14/2013 (hence the "reduced validity date") or worst case be issued an expiry date of 6mos before 9/1/2013 = March 2013. If you have time, get the PPs renewed, not just for the sake of the CIC, but as a PR (not a Citizen yet) - your main identity doc is still your passport, used for travels and for identity verification (bank transactions, etc.)

CIC does not issue visa validity dates beyond that of the expiry date of the passport. And normally, most countries specify that the passport should be valid 6mos after the intended entry date to the country - so this is why CIC put the statement there. Note that visa validity specifies until when you can enter Canada.

/all the best....
RAGLUF THANKS A LOT PO!!!!

RAK-BUMBLEBEE

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
LANDED..........
09-2013
carl zeiss said:
Hi Rak. You should really renew the passport of your dependant before you send them to CEM. This is the best thing to do I believe. We cannot travel if our passport's validity is just 6 months or less. I think Immigration authorities won't let us leave with that passport. Unless the visa will surely be issued on March (at most) and you will travel right away. That is like pushing it to the limit.

In my case it is kinda different. My visa will expire on Oct 2013 but my passport will expire Mar 2014. If you will notice, the validity of my passport is less than 6 months beyond the validity of my visa (only 5 months). As stated in the PPR, CEM wants that our PP be valid for at least 6 months beyond visa validity. I also got confused whether I will renew or just send my current PP. I plan to leave on June. That makes my PP valid for at least 9 months upon entry to Canada. I took the risk and sent my PP to CEM. When I got my PP back, CEM did not "reduce" the validity of my visa. It is still Oct 2013.

Hope this helps =)
CARL ZEISS THANK YOU PO!!!

AnL

Star Member
Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-11-12
AOR Received.
31-12-12
Med's Request
1-16-13
Med's Done....
2-2-13/5-2-13
Congrats RAKBUMBLEBEE N CARLSIEZ!

interested

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FSW Pilot Backlog Reduction Program / BC PNP
Nomination.....
26-10-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2013
Med's Request
19-03-2013
Med's Done....
09-04-2013
Passport Req..
30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-11-2013
xasali said:
Interested,

Thanks for sharing your timeline.nauna ka lng ng ilang araw sa CIO AOR. Jan 25 ung sa akin. Sana mgkasunod din dumating ung MR natin. Good luck.

Xasali.
You are ahead of me. Wala pa akong AOR from CIO, January 17 na received ng CIO based sa received copy ng DHL, but I have yet to received from CIO my AOR. goodluck to us!

chalknaht

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
April 1, 2012
IELTS Request
June 2012
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 2012
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
Feb 7 2013 ; PP SENT: FEB 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 10, 2013
yahooo.... ppr na ako.hehe

We are pleased to inform you that your visa(s) for permanent residence to Canada is/are ready to be issued, conditional to a final admissibility review by an immigration officer. In order to complete the process you must forward, BY COURIER, the following:

1. Completed Appendix "A" (attached). Please ensure that Appendix "A" is signed and dated and that you have clearly indicated your file number (EP00064958). We will only accept forms which contain your original signature. Unsigned forms will be returned and will result in a delay in visa issuance. Your return address and all contact numbers must be clearly indicated for delivery purposes.

1 CONCERN ko lang guys.. mag expire yung passport ko this june 23.. dba at least 6 months dapat? ok lang b yun?