+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline after submission on the new PR confirmation portal

pangpi

Dec 12, 2020
Hi From Last week mid I am not able to reach the cutomer care. I don't have high hope on customer care as they always say "just wait, noting can be done at this moment"
Its totally frustrating waiting for 75 days now
Hi, have you received your ecopr? I have been waiting since 6/23, and when is your AOR? Thanks.

saravanankav

Jul 28, 2020
I just got my eCOPR, notified through email, and was able to download in the portal, my timeline:

1st email: 23rd August 2021
1st email (repeated): 25th August 2021 with same information, different date
2nd email (with login creds.): never received this

PR portal declaration and submission: 31st August 2021 (I had created an account in May 2021 long before receiving the 1st email, this account was updated with the approved PR file/case, I used this to complete the process, found this by chance)
eCOPR: 1st September 2021

I replied to the 1st and repeated email 2-3 times, put in 1 webform in the "Permanent Resident Card" category. I don't know if any of these helped me to get the eCOPR, but I got the eCOPR one day after submission in the portal.

Estherkim

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
Hey guys,

if anybody can help me out I would really appreciate it!!

I am BCPNP inland, received my eCOPR on June 24,2021.
Submitted my photo two days after that through PR confirmation portal.
linked my pr application through gckey and on July 26,2021 I was told that pr card was approved and sent.

However, I still have not received anything… is this normal? How long does it usually take to receive pr card after approval?

I am getting pretty worried whether it got lost in mail or not… is anybody on the same boat as I am????
Thank you so much in advance.

saravanankav

Jul 28, 2020
Hey guys,

linked my pr application through gckey and on July 26,2021 I was told that pr card was approved and sent.

However, I still have not received anything… is this normal? How long does it usually take to receive pr card after approval?

I am getting pretty worried whether it got lost in mail or not… is anybody on the same boat as I am????
I found this on my Express Entry login profile, I hope this helps.

"If your permanent resident card was mailed to you and if six weeks have passed and you have not received your card, submit a solemn declaration. We will either send you a new card, or ask you to re-apply.

Your document is valid until the date shown. You will see a message if your document expires.

If your document expired, it means you can no longer use it to enter or stay in Canada.

Your document may be invalid or cancelled because:
• we issued you a new document, or
• there is new information about your application.

Check your most recent application or your messages for details."

sheilagu

Jun 9, 2021
Hey guys,

Same situation. I was told that my pr card was approved and mailed on July 7, but I did not receive any mail.
So yesterday i called IRCC, and I was been told that my PR card is still under production.

Estherkim

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
Same situation. I was told that my pr card was approved and mailed on July 7, but I did not receive any mail.
So yesterday i called IRCC, and I was been told that my PR card is still under production.
I tried calling them many times and I was not able get hold of them… but good to know I’m not the only one… however I’m still not sure if this this normal to wait this long to receive first pr card

also, what does under protection mean? Do we need to full out Solemn declaration form? Have you done it yet?

sheilagu

Jun 9, 2021
I tried calling them many times and I was not able get hold of them… but good to know I’m not the only one… however I’m still not sure if this this normal to wait this long to receive first pr card

also, what does under protection mean? Do we need to full out Solemn declaration form? Have you done it yet?
Sorry. i mean 'my pr card is still in production'.
IRCC has not mailed out my pr card yet. so I don't need to fill in the Solemn declaration form.

Marcela14

Sep 1, 2021
Hi, could someone please help me with a question?
I have my COPR but no card yet, and I need to go to Mexico for work. Could I still re-enter Canadá with my open work visa?
I don’t know if anyone knows that, but I appreciate any help

saravanankav

Jul 28, 2020
Hi, could someone please help me with a question?
I have my COPR but no card yet, and I need to go to Mexico for work. Could I still re-enter Canadá with my open work visa?
I don’t know if anyone knows that, but I appreciate any help
As far as I know, your previous travel documents are not valid anymore. Once you become a PR (i.e. with CoPR) the PR card or the PRTD is the only valid travel document for commercial means of travel. Although, there is one other way which is a bit more risky, if you have valid U.S. visa, you can land in the U.S. and drive to Canada in a private vehicle and prove PR status through various document such as the CoPR, driving license, health cards etc., (refer here for more information https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/td-dv-eng.html#s1)

yoshizac

Mar 28, 2021
Received eCoPR and updated my address and photo via the Portal on May 17 but I haven't received any updates yet. Even the address is still 'in review'.

Do you guys also wait this long?