+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline after submission on the new PR confirmation portal

appy2021

Aug 30, 2021
U need to be in Canada when u are officially approved PR. If u leave, U need to inform IRCC and they will have to hold your PR until u come back. Once approved U can leave and your spouse can receive PR Card. U can either have your PR card delivered to u by courier or by somebody else's hand (Check how much safe and legal it is- some people do it) or U can apply for PRTD while u r outside using copy of eCOPR.
hi! thank you . so I got a congratulation email from Ircc! and also on application status it say I am a PR. And I have uploaded the information required for Pr card. But its taking way to long and I need to leave. but I am just worried that this should not affect my application .

Reactions: ROBERT2021

sarbpreet

May 16, 2021
Hello Folks, I really need your suggestions.
I got ECOPR on 19 July and on the new PR portal its showing my mailing address approved but the photo is still in review on there but on my GC key account its still showing submitted with last update of medical approval. Now on August 13 when I called Ircc they said the PR card is production, I haven't received any GU yet, is it possible I can receive pr card in the mail without getting any change on my GC account?

Reactions: ajays369

ajiwanand

Dec 15, 2018
I call them every week. The only update they give is to wait and nothing else to do.
I raised webform - no update
I replied to the e-mail received for portal creation - no update
Do you ever get the agent on the phone? Every time i can it says they are receiving a high volume of calls and can't transfer to an agent. I've tried calling at 7:55 so that I will get to the agent option at 8am and I still can't get them on the phone. It's so frustrating..

Reactions: Bill07007

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
hi! thank you . so I got a congratulation email from Ircc! and also on application status it say I am a PR. And I have uploaded the information required for Pr card. But its taking way to long and I need to leave. but I am just worried that this should not affect my application .
Officially U r a PR now. Congrats. If its urgent and cant be delayed, U can leave and when outside canada can apply for PRTD which will help u enter canada. Otherwise U always have an option to get your PR card by other means.

Reactions: ROBERT2021

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
Hello Folks, I really need your suggestions.
I got ECOPR on 19 July and on the new PR portal its showing my mailing address approved but the photo is still in review on there but on my GC key account its still showing submitted with last update of medical approval. Now on August 13 when I called Ircc they said the PR card is production, I haven't received any GU yet, is it possible I can receive pr card in the mail without getting any change on my GC account?
Yes. As long as u have eCOPR and PR card is on its way. U need not to worry what GC Key status says or PR portal says. They will conclude those themselves. Nothing to worry

PKNew

Jul 26, 2021
Do you ever get the agent on the phone? Every time i can it says they are receiving a high volume of calls and can't transfer to an agent. I've tried calling at 7:55 so that I will get to the agent option at 8am and I still can't get them on the phone. It's so frustrating..
Hi From Last week mid I am not able to reach the cutomer care. I don't have high hope on customer care as they always say "just wait, noting can be done at this moment"
Its totally frustrating waiting for 75 days now

PKNew

Jul 26, 2021
Hello All,
I have been following this forum since July 13, 2021 it was the day I received my eCOPR on new Permanent Resident portal. It took me 49 days to receive my Permanent Resident card.

I am not an expert, I am just putting my journey, comments and suggestions here so that it can help people like me.

1. Please make sure to link your Card application to IRCC portal, Permanent resident portal information may not be up to date.

2. PICTURE: now that IRCC is processing applications fast (within 6 months) , please get the new picture clicked just few days prior to submitting your application, in that way you can use same picture for Portal. Reason, if it’s same picture, it will become easy for the officer to review and approve.

3. Portal may not be up to date: my application still shows “in Review with IRCC” in portal but it shows Approved and Card Sent date on IRCC website.

4.The processing time that’s shown is for prior application: Most of us assume that our applications will be processed with in mentioned processing time. However the processing time is calculated depending on the applications that were previously processed. Ex: when I kept checking the processing time for New Card every week, it showed 50, 49, 43 and now 51 days. And I got it on 49th day.

If your applications as crossed more than the processing time, then you can contact IRCC support center only to check if there is any issue with your application.

My experience with IRCC support center: I had a car which I drove from USA on a temporary work permit. As per policy and rules, I was supposed to get the car imported with in 45 days of status change. In my case, I had to visit the USA border to complete the export formalities and IRCC did support me and gave me clear instructions and told that I do NOT need an Permanent resident Card and eCOPR is sufficient to travel back to canada from border if I was driving an private car. Thank fully import process went smooth. What I am trying to say here is, please reach out support for genuine reasons, ask them correct questions so that they can tell you or help you and put you in right direction, they may not or cannot expedite the process.

5: Expedite: in case if you want your application to be expedited, please have valid reason and proof. And this can be done only using a Webform as per my knowledge.
all the very best to each one of you here. I know how important it is to have proper document if you want to travel in and out and especially on an emergency. One thing I learnt about Canada immigration is they are very helpful and will support you to the fullest. Good Luck and All the Very Best to everyone. ❤
hi,
* How to link the Portal application with IRCC portal?
* I am waiting for eCOPR can i link the application at this time or is it possible only after receiving eCOPR?

ROBERT2021

Aug 19, 2021
Hi From Last week mid I am not able to reach the cutomer care. I don't have high hope on customer care as they always say "just wait, noting can be done at this moment"
Its totally frustrating waiting for 75 days now
I'm also waiting for more than 70 days, a question, can you link to pr portal with ircc account, because I tried and couldn't.

ajays369

Aug 30, 2021
hi,
* How to link the Portal application with IRCC portal?
* I am waiting for eCOPR can i link the application at this time or is it possible only after receiving eCOPR?
I linked only PR Card application after getting eCOPR, You may follow the "Add Link.." process once you login to IRCC GC portal.
Note : Key point is your Place of Birth. Look at eCOPR and try to match the information that you have entered while submitting the application.
it took almost 9 attempts for me to get it right. (After 5 failed attempts, Linking option will be disabled for 24 hours).

If you are waiting for eCOPR for more than 45 days, please call IRCC or raise a web form request and give them clear information, stating your current status, better option is to forward the details that you sent to PR Portal and tell them where you reside. One thing that i learnt from this thread/forum here is IRCC (sometimes) assuming that you are outside Canada which causes delay in processing the eCOPR.

appy2021

Aug 30, 2021
have ppl received Ecpor before uploading photograph ?? or after receiving a mail that they have become PR? is it normal to not receive Ecpor after uploading information on the web permanent residence portal ??

sheilagu

Jun 9, 2021
I got my eCOPR on June 22, 2021 and also got an update said they will mail out my PR card on July 7, 2021.
I waited for almost two months and still did not receive my PR card.
Today I called, and i was informed that IRCC has not mailed out my card yet, the card is still in production. :eek::eek:

appy2021

Aug 30, 2021
I got my eCOPR on June 22, 2021 and also got an update said they will mail out my PR card on July 7, 2021.
I waited for almost two months and still did not receive my PR card.
Today I called, and i was informed that IRCC has not mailed out my card yet, the card is still in production. :eek::eek:
how many days after getting a congratulation mail ( conformation mail ) did u receive ur ecopr?