+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Adamdear

Apr 29, 2018
i live in quebec too and never heard anything like this before that receipt confirmation or something , im 2019 june applicant and waiting after eligibility passed in dec,,a friend of mine got his copr who applied same time as me. im not sure if ircc discriminating people applied from quebec, but to my 3 years of experience in this jurisdiction that they trying to behave like different country quebec/quebecers. but i also heard that many students from quebec also waiting too long to get their permits.. god knows whats really happening in those behind closed doors in this country.
Thank you so much for the reply.

Reactions: Newcomer87

Khan5696

Jan 4, 2016
No, they just extend medical for everyone. No worries, everything is good :)
Next is background criminality security and eligibility. Timeline is different for everyone after medical.. Im waiting since December (but its considered to be extremely long wait) so usually its much faster
My medical was passed Jan 10,2021 - waiting ...... May 2019 applicant

• Sad
Reactions: Help2 and mimika

Jedkhan

Apr 4, 2021
A friend's timeline:

Submitted application - February, 2020
Got AOR - January,2021
Requested for more docs - February, 2021
Pre-arrival, settlement services - March, 2021
Decision Made - April, 2021
awaiting COPR.
This timeline ain't startling anymore, I think there is serious desperation to fill the immigrant ceiling this quarter. However, the officer handling your case will determine how fast you get the outcome. my colleague is a March 2020 and got her CoPR yesterday. Eventually, every inbound refugee claimant will get PR

Reactions: Abtols

DBI

Star Member
May 27, 2017
Canada Toronto
For all those friends Waiting since early 2019.......
March 2019 Applicant.
Called IRCC today and was told that finally my Security is complete now. And pending for decision. Before that i called them last Friday and they told me that security check in progress.
Gckey is not updated after AIP. And it is still,background check in progress.
Hoping for DM soon now.
Mississauga office.
How long usually they take in making decision once everything is complete?
Correct my GCkey online account still showing me they are working on my background check but already I got the DM
But online status check toll was updated

Reactions: Andftoe

Oscarsunil

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
A friend's timeline:

Got AOR - January,2021
awaiting COPR.
Congratulations, do you or anyone from family work for healthcare , or you applied normally

Luckyppl

Star Member
Apr 3, 2021
A friend's timeline:

Got AOR - January,2021
awaiting COPR.
Did he applied in Pilot Program ?

newMember110

Oct 15, 2020
This timeline ain't startling anymore, I think there is serious desperation to fill the immigrant ceiling this quarter. However, the officer handling your case will determine how fast you get the outcome. my colleague is a March 2020 and got her CoPR yesterday. Eventually, every inbound refugee claimant will get PR

what do you mean by inbound refugee please?

Casablanca93

Star Member
Dec 23, 2018
It's been a week since I got my ECoPR I haven't received yet my PR card , does anyone has got it ? How long it takes you guys ?

P.s on the PR portal my case still as "review " just the second step which is my photo, is that normal?